PDA

View Full Version : My lights saved my XK this morning...

Matt
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Well, I put my lights to use.... and they saved me big time.

Driving home at 2am this morning on a long wooded backroad I had all 4 of my lights fired up. Deer are common in this area so you have to keep a careful lookout.

All of the sudden I spotted a big fellow charging across/down the street.... saw him just in time to lay on the brakes and swerve right, and he almost ran into my driver side door on an angle because he didnt see me.

Since he was crossing the street at an angle away from me, his eyes weren't visible which is normally how you spot these guys... and he blended in very very well with the heavily wooded side of the road.

If I didn't have those lights, specifically the spot lights which are aimed a bit outward on each side, I would have never spotted him in time.

From here on out, I can solidly say that these massive lights ARE indeed practical.

pjmjr508
11-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Glad to hear you saw the deer in time & I need to put some lights up front soon.

ItsMeKO3
11-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Glad to hear you missed him! Now that I've had a chance to use mine a few times late at night, I keep getting the urge for more lol. I love them.

superacerc
11-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Glad to hear you missed him! Now that I've had a chance to use mine a few times late at night, I keep getting the urge for more lol. I love them.

More is always better! I want to switch out my other small wussy lights for hellas as well. Its a huge difference.

AJeepZJ
11-09-2011, 05:36 AM
I use my trail lights on just about all back roads here in the country - Especially early morning. But the lights have a tendency to daze deer. So I have to keep it in mind with respect to my speed.