PDA

View Full Version : ditch the lift and go stock? whats next

paroxysym
11-07-2011, 06:32 PM
i know sounds stupid but i have been thinking of yanking the daystar out for a couple different reasons. dont get me wrong i like the look my jeep lifted but im wanting to either upgrade or take her back to stock.. so the options ive been kicking around are:

- yank the daystar, run on OEM springs with a rustys leveling spacer up front and keep the 255s (hoping they wont rub)
- replace the daystar with OME parts and up the tire size to a 33 (if possible, still have to do alittle homework)
- replace the daystar with a RR 2.25 for more height/tire clearance

i know the OME route is the obvious answer, but idk. has anyone ever been happy with their jeep at stock height? i set of black reps and some srt springs in the rear have always been on the drawing board. but i have never not lifted my vehicles that i have had.. decisions decisions.... just trying to sort out my next round of mods.

Matt
11-07-2011, 06:41 PM
The people are who are happy with a stock jeep generally aren't on these forums....

I think you've already made up your mind... you didn't get the answers you wanted to hear on JF so you're hoping we'll tell you to take it down to stock so you feel better about your decision https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

If you want to continue modding it, do it right and just get the OME. There's absolutely no reason to replace the daystar with the RR... So either get the OME or just return it back to stock if thats what you really want to do.

I think you should come to the show on Saturday; that'll knock this "wanna go stock" phase outta you really quick! lol

EvilJager
11-07-2011, 07:25 PM
^ what that guy said!

EvilJager
11-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Or ditch the jeep snd get a honda

Matt
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Or ditch the jeep snd get a honda

LMAO i wrote that but deleted it from my post before I submitted it https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

superacerc
11-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Maybe a Yaris?

paroxysym
11-08-2011, 06:40 AM
ive owned jeeps for the past 9 years, so you guys can kiss my ass lol.. chris, you asked why i wanted to break my foot off in your ass- well you just answered your own question.

so a set of srt reps on my laredo would not be accedptable on TUJ?

Holaday07 4.7
11-08-2011, 06:43 AM
I like the Daystar Lift, and have had 0 problems. If I switch anythin out, it will be for a 4 inch SL or a SAS when the Jeep is paid off. Would I ever take it back to stock, HELL NO

EvilJager
11-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Its your jeep dude the decision is up to you...

You dont like your lift?

And i can make hinda jokes being a honda owner and all lol

paroxysym
11-08-2011, 06:47 AM
Its your jeep dude the decision is up to you...

You dont like your lift?

And i can make hinda jokes being a honda owner and all lol

i know man, lol just looking to change her up. got the mod big and i cant decide which direction i want to go.. considering taking it back down to stock or leveled stock till i decide if i want the OME or what.

Matt
11-08-2011, 06:52 AM
As long as you drive your XK or WK with pride its an acceptable TUJ!

But you'll eventually thank us for peer pressuring you to get the OME. :p

paroxysym
11-08-2011, 08:30 AM
As long as you drive your XK or WK with pride its an acceptable TUJ!

But you'll eventually thank us for peer pressuring you to get the OME. :p

pffft always sir:cool:

EvilJager
11-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Just get the sl and call it a day bro

paroxysym
11-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Just get the sl and call i a day bro

LOL wasnt even thinking of that as an option.. ive had the damn thing 9 months

07JeepXK
11-08-2011, 09:43 AM
A few months ago I thought about going back to stock. Not sure what the hell I was thinking. Must have bumped my head or something. lol Go with the OME lift. You will love it i promise. Just stay away from the HD springs if you dont like a stiff ride!