PDA

View Full Version : Rear rough country spacer & ome hd springs????

cis911
11-12-2011, 08:23 PM
So this is my set up
front: 2in rough country spacer and rustys leveling spacer
rear: 2in spacer
245/70r17 firestone destination m/t

i just recently took a trip to gold mountain trail in big bear ca. The xk did awesome the only problem i ran into was the rear end was dragging over some obstacles. Now i had an idea of lifting the rear with some ome hd springs along with the rc spacer. Can you give me your input on this. I dont care if the xk has a slight rake. Overall im hoping for an increase in my departure angle and maybe even increase my breakover angle. What do you think

Sal-XK
11-12-2011, 08:43 PM
There shouldn't be any issues if that's what your worried about. The HD springs supply the same amount of lift as the budget boost I believe so adding the spacer to it increases your lift even more. Just be sure to flex it out with a jack at home and check all the angles and everything but if you leave you sway bar connected and or have stock length shocks on you should be fine. Keep in mind though with stock length shocks and adding the amount of lift your going to your limiting your down travel by a lot.

Holaday07 4.7
11-13-2011, 06:53 AM
I would just buy the rear skid, or rear sliders. stacking the lifts in back and keeping it the same up front will give it a really nose down stance

Matt
11-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Get the rear OME HD springs And the F150 Monroe load levellers and remove the lift spacer. That'll keep the rear end up, add flex and properly limit the suspension travel.

The problem with the stock springs is they're so soft that you have a lower effective ground clearance due to how much they'll compress while off-road. The increased spring rate of the OME helps maintain the added ground clearance as the vehicle is bouncing around or dropping off rocks.

07JeepXK
11-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Definately dont use the OME HD springs in the rear with the lift spacers. Do what Matt said!

cis911
11-13-2011, 10:10 AM
so if i take out the spacer and add the ome hd springs and the monore load leveler shocks will the rear end of my xk sit higher than what it currently sits?

Matt
11-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Yes. That's exactly what I just did. :)

There's a link to my load leveller install in my garage thread.