PDA

View Full Version : Rausch Creek November 25th?

06blkhemi
11-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey guys,
Anyone interested in a RC trip the day after Thanksgiving? One friend has a FJ Cruiser and the other a Grand Cherokee Overland. Not sure what year it is,but its before the stupid independent suspension which we have today :(!
This will be the first time I have my XK out wheelin. So I'm only thinking blue and greens for the day. My friend with the Overland has been there many times so he knows the trails better then me.

Frank..

Sal-XK
11-14-2011, 04:57 PM
You saw the thread about going in January right? I can't make this to far for me on a holiday but I'm trying to make the one in the other thread.

Matt
11-14-2011, 04:58 PM
I won't be able to make it that day... some family stuff.

But you should make sure those guys come out on the 15th!

06blkhemi
11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
I didn't think it would be that popular with the day that its on..But figured I'd ask! Did a bit of wheelin in my yard thats been dug up from falling trees and clean up today. It got me stoked to go out to RC.

Sal-XK
11-14-2011, 05:15 PM
I didn't think it would be that popular with the day that its on..But figured I'd ask! Did a bit of wheelin in my yard thats been dug up from falling trees and clean up today. It got me stoked to go out to RC.

any reason to go wheeling is a good reason in my mind!

07JeepXK
11-14-2011, 08:57 PM
I might tag along on the 25th...I'll let you know. Would have to get my skids back on first. One of the bolts on my front skid plate snapped off in the subframe and needs to be drilled out and re threaded.

06blkhemi
11-15-2011, 05:02 AM
I might tag along on the 25th...I'll let you know. Would have to get my skids back on first. One of the bolts on my front skid plate snapped off in the subframe and needs to be drilled out and re threaded. Sounds good! all i have is the plastic skid on the front. Just need to pic better lines! not going to do anything crazy this time out!!

07JeepXK
11-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Funny cause I always say the same thing. Last time I went to Rausch Creek I blew my transfer case in the Commander and had to be towed home...lol

EvilJager
11-15-2011, 02:39 PM
If ya dont have rock rails youll def havr to do some fancy footwork on some of those blue trails lol well atleast i had to.

EvilJager
11-15-2011, 02:40 PM
You saw the thread about going in January right? I can't make this to far for me on a holiday but I'm trying to make the one in the other thread.

Really now. You know the jan trip is on a Sunday right?

Sal-XK
11-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Really now. You know the jan trip is on a Sunday right?

Ya I noticed that! You guys aren't making it easy I'll tell you that much :( I can get there Saturday that's no big deal it's the drive home Sunday night and work on Monday that has me wondering if going is a good idea or not.

EvilJager
11-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Ya I noticed that! You guys aren't making it easy I'll tell you that much :( I can get there Saturday that's no big deal it's the drive home Sunday night and work on Monday that has me wondering if going is a good idea or not.

Yea sundays are pretty much my only day off. I have thrusdays off to but thats a waste!
Its about 4.5 hr drive to RC from my house. And prob around 6-7 to yours depending on exact location.
If you make the trip and need a free hotel room let me know. AJ has crashed here before lol

Sal-XK
11-15-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm going to put in for Monday off. I just can't put in for it until the week before :(

EvilJager
11-15-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm going to put in for Monday off. I just can't put in for it until the week before :(

I will be anxiously awaiting the answer! From the Uwharrie pics i have seen RC looks alot different lol

Sal-XK
11-15-2011, 03:39 PM
I will be anxiously awaiting the answer! From the Uwharrie pics i have seen RC looks alot different lol

From the videos I've seen RC does look a lot different more mud and soft terrain where URE is mostly rocks and stuff.

EvilJager
11-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Yea if it rains it pours there. There will be water runoffs amd stuff. Then there will be ponds and stuff in the middle of the trail lol.... have you seen my rc pics?

Sal-XK
11-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Yea if it rains it pours there. There will be water runoffs amd stuff. Then there will be ponds and stuff in the middle of the trail lol.... have you seen my rc pics?

I'm sure I have unless you posted more on JF after I got banned LOL

EvilJager
11-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Nope not since u got banned lol