PDA

View Full Version : xk coils

paroxysym
11-15-2011, 12:45 PM
i was wondering if anyone has swapped their WK coils with a set of XK coils from a hemi model w/tow package. im interested in seeing what the spring rate of these are compared to say my WK springs for a 4.7 w/tow package? i hear people say they will give a WK bit of a lift/boost, so im wondering if anyone has done the swap? thanks for the help.

what im looking to do is possibly ditch the BB, swap in XK coils and a JBA leveling kit and be done with her till i decide what direction i want to go. i have this clunk in the front that i think the BB is culprit. so i plan on ditching the BB and the bwoody extended links.

oh yea, XK guys with the hemi and tow package- if you are unloading your OEM coils let me know.

Holaday07 4.7
11-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Ill take the Bwoody extended links if you ditch them

07JeepXK
11-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Hate to hijack the thread but where did you get your fastman tb from? Did you notice a difference after install?

paroxysym
11-16-2011, 06:07 AM
Hate to hijack the thread but where did you get your fastman tb from? Did you notice a difference after install?

ordered it directly from fastman... it was a decent mod. nota huge difference after install.

Matt
11-16-2011, 06:29 AM
I started a thread about this recently. ... I noted the spring codes for my XK but haven't been able to find information on spring rates that would allow us to estimate how much ride height you'd gain.

paroxysym
11-16-2011, 06:41 AM
I started a thread about this recently. ... I noted the spring codes for my XK but haven't been able to find information on spring rates that would allow us to estimate how much ride height you'd gain.

im thinking if i do go that route ill go XK rears and CRD fronts w/ JBA spacer. supposedly they have a 609lb spring rate. the XK rears im wondering what the difference in spring rate is compared to the WK. i saw your thread.

bruijr
11-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Just installed OME HD coils and struts on my XK two weeks ago. I have a HEMI with towpackage and have the coils sitting in my garage. Send me a pm if you're interested......

Lt_JWS
11-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Im considering doing this and ridding myself of my daystar lift... I wonder what OME springs and 1/4" spacers would do?

Edit, im looking for about an inch or just alittle more....

Matt
11-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Im considering doing this and riding myself of my daystar lift... I wonder what OME springs and 1/4" spacers would do?

That's what im running: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php/1311-OME-HD-Install

paroxysym
11-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Im considering doing this and ridding myself of my daystar lift... I wonder what OME springs and 1/4" spacers would do?

Edit, im looking for about an inch or just alittle more....

if youre looking for an inch or alittle more youre going to douible your goal with the OME springs and 1/4" spacer. now i think if you did:

- rear OEM xk tow package coils
- front HEMI or CRD coils
- bilstein hd shocks/struts
- jba front strut spacer

you would be looking at an inch maybe an inch and 1/4" over the stock height. its tempting to go this route.

Matt
11-24-2011, 09:13 AM
the bilsteins wont add to the ride height. theyre a good upgrade, but not necessary if he's doing this on a budget.

paroxysym
11-24-2011, 05:39 PM
the bilsteins wont add to the ride height. theyre a good upgrade, but not necessary if he's doing this on a budget.

depending how bad those stockers are, you may see a small boost- maybe a 1/2"

Matt
11-24-2011, 06:52 PM
depending how bad those stockers are, you may see a small boost- maybe a 1/2"

1/2" is a significant lift from a shock, even if the stock ones are completely blown.

Ride height is achieved by the springs, not the shocks. Although gas charged shocks do exert some force, its not nearly enough for 1/2" of ride height increase. That's the height I gained from the monroe load levelers that have a coil spring built in to work as a "helper" spring.

Unless you're ordering some specialty extreme-high pressure gas charged shock, there's not a shock on the market that i can't compress under my own force (and im no big guy)... it takes a lot more than that to raise a ~5000lb vehicle.

Lt_JWS
11-24-2011, 10:07 PM
if youre looking for an inch or alittle more youre going to douible your goal with the OME springs and 1/4" spacer. now i think if you did:

- rear OEM xk tow package coils
- front HEMI or CRD coils
- bilstein hd shocks/struts
- jba front strut spacer

you would be looking at an inch maybe an inch and 1/4" over the stock height. its tempting to go this route.

im probably gonna go the hemi springs/ 1/4" spacer route... now i just gotta find some!

paroxysym
11-26-2011, 10:05 PM
1/2" is a significant lift from a shock, even if the stock ones are completely blown.

Ride height is achieved by the springs, not the shocks. Although gas charged shocks do exert some force, its not nearly enough for 1/2" of ride height increase. That's the height I gained from the monroe load levelers that have a coil spring built in to work as a "helper" spring.

Unless you're ordering some specialty extreme-high pressure gas charged shock, there's not a shock on the market that i can't compress under my own force (and im no big guy)... it takes a lot more than that to raise a ~5000lb vehicle.

i understand that, just going by the general concensus on the hds