PDA

View Full Version : Look at this snorkel system.....

Matt
11-24-2011, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwSFmztPqX4&feature=player_embedded

^^ I'm speechless

My favorite part is how he says the aftermarket snorkel kits look like crap.... but wait until you see what it looks like INSIDE his WK when he opens the rear doors https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

I also wonder how much harder that engine is working from all the extra head loss....

oh well, at least he can drive his viper(s)..

LWM
11-24-2011, 08:29 PM
That is one trashed WK!

hoaxci5
11-24-2011, 08:59 PM
It must be nice to have more money than brains.

Cracks me up that I saw it on the 4xGuard facebook page and then after all the negative comments they removed it.

Matt
11-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Unfortunately, i found it on a Liberty forum... had to click a link to find out why a bunch of KJ and KK owners were making fun of a WK. Once i saw it, i realized they were more than justified....

superacerc
11-25-2011, 04:50 AM
The first time that guy hits a rocky area that pipe underneath is gonna bust. Unless of course he does alot of lake driving only.

Matt
11-25-2011, 05:37 AM
If you can suffer through the entire video, he does say that he is having a guard made for it that'll be a steel channel to protect all of the pipe underneath.

Still ridiculous..

Matt
11-25-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the guy that pissed everyone off on JF with his "satire" video he made at RC... i'm looking at some of his other videos.

Sal-XK
11-25-2011, 08:04 AM
It's the same guy who is on JF that caused all the troubled. I like his imagination tough bash if me you want :) I don't like his execution I think he got carried away LOL. What he needs to do is pull that pipe and use it as a template for some bent tubing. Not sure why he went up inside the back seat either why not just go up in the back cargo space. The guy obviously has enough money to trash a Wk the same way we would trash a 20 year old XJ. White PVC is only rated to about 140 degrees and the glue will become brittle and as the PVC flexes with the frame and grows and shrinks with the heat all those joints will just come apart. Not to mention whats going to happen to the engine while struggling to pull enough air threw all that pipe and all those turns and elbows he has just not good.

Matt
11-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Oh I agree with you on a lot of that Sal... he's got the money so I really don't care how he treats that WK, it's his and its his to beat up if he wants. I just find it funny how crappy of a job he did CONSIDERING he has so much expendable money. That looks like something i'd expect from a highschool kid. He [seemingly] has enough money, why not sketch it up and bring it to an exhaust shop that specializes in diesel trucks? He could have that all done in 5-6" exhaust pipe and used some heat wrap in the locations in the engine compartment to prevent heat soak. Instead, he's bragging about an atrocity that's akin of the potato gun i made in 10th grade....

And yea, they couldn't find a better way to bring it into the cab? Maybe all the comments on youtube will help him put a bit more effort in "rev 2"

07JeepXK
11-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Absolutely Speechless....

Sal-XK
11-25-2011, 11:11 AM
No I agree the thing is horrible! I can see using it as a template because it's easy stuff to work with. But yea bring the PVC to the shop and have them bend some pipe. I think I would of taken a lot more care on where I came into the cap and also the route underneath as well.

naidib04
11-25-2011, 11:46 AM
If you have ever watched some of his youtube videos of him wheeling that thing, he beats the piss out of it. Main reason I am looking for an XJ for a trail rig only. Love my WK but let's face it, it's a $40,000 vehicle that barely has 30,000 miles on it. I need someone I can not worry about breaking because it won't be my daily driver.

Holaday07 4.7
11-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah watched a couple of his videos. Must be nice just to trash a really nice Jeep. He jsut seems like a a$$hole

Matt
11-25-2011, 01:31 PM
he definitely seems like a jerk... but that's because of the way he talks & presents himself in the vidoes and responses to posts... NOT because he beats the piss out of a $40k rig... hell whats a loaded rubicon cost again? its his money, more power to him for literally driving that WK to its limit.

cico7
11-26-2011, 09:06 AM
I dont think the pontoons are a great idea, but interesting. The air intake would be reduced
by the long travel and having to draw air from inside the of the jeep.
How about an oxygen supplemental tank? Or a blower to help it along?

superacerc
11-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Ooo, that sounds a bit like a turbo..... if you had a tank the size of the rear cargo area and a compressor to keep it full you could run a hose to the intake and pressure it up like an on demand turbo... lol.

CmmdrDan
11-26-2011, 03:50 PM
If he had as much money as he does brains he'd be sleeping under a bridge tonight..

valpacer
11-26-2011, 10:30 PM
If he had as much money as he does brains he'd be sleeping under a bridge tonight..
:cool:

BonesWK
11-28-2011, 06:39 AM
his vids are good to watch and learn what NOT to do if you actually care about your rig.

This is wheeling hard core, and then there is being crazy/dumb. He is the latter.. But entertaining some.

Adondo
11-28-2011, 10:46 AM
"...if there's enough interest in it, I might consider making a kit..."

HA HA HA HA HA Thud!! (I fell off my chair) Make a kit for THAT?!? It looks like the sewage disposal system for an apartment building's basement. :D

And, that poor Jeep. OMG, look at that muddy dashboard. For shame.

valpacer
11-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Muddy Dashboard is just an occupational hazard :(

But at least he can no put in a shower system and just wash it all down those drains he has installed.......

LWM
11-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Muddy Dashboard is just an occupational hazard :(

But at least he can no put in a shower system and just wash it all down those drains he has installed.......

His snorkle can double as a sewer since he installed a clean-out. :)

criket
11-28-2011, 02:13 PM
I don't like to bash other people's mods, but to be 43 yrs old, I KNOW for a FACT that he has seen a snorkel system or 2 in his life. It looks like he just hasn't seen the right one yet. :cool:

Sal-XK
11-28-2011, 02:21 PM
The mod is horrible I agree with that. How hard he is on his jeep that don't bother me. My friend covered the inside of his 2011 JK ( he has about $50K in it) with mud I just laughed at him. We expect to be taken seriously as wheeler's correct? What were calling reckless we've seen hundreds of wranglers do crazier then that and don't blink and eye at it. Were being a little prejudice here maybe based on the guys attitude not sure. I say bash the mod he did all you want it deserves it but don't bash him for being to hard on his jeep. Just a thought guys

pjmjr508
11-28-2011, 02:55 PM
The mod is horrible I agree with that. How hard he is on his jeep that don't bother me. My friend covered the inside of his 2011 JK ( he has about $50K in it) with mud I just laughed at him. We expect to be taken seriously as wheeler's correct? What were calling reckless we've seen hundreds of wranglers do crazier then that and don't blink and eye at it. Were being a little prejudice here maybe based on the guys attitude not sure. I say bash the mod he did all you want it deserves it but don't bash him for being to hard on his jeep. Just a thought guys

I do have to say I agree with you on this one.

cico7
11-28-2011, 03:24 PM
'Nuff said....

07JeepXK
11-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah what sal said. I beat the hell out of my Jeep too. The only difference is I like to keep the inside clean. lol But still think the snorkel he made is a horrible idea and the Airflow would still look much better on his Jeep!

Matt
11-28-2011, 04:52 PM

I heard a rumor that his next mod is going to be a quick-disconnect system for his doors!

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/07/smileyangry015-1.gif

Sal-XK
11-28-2011, 06:09 PM
I heard a rumor that his next mod is going to be a quick-disconnect system for his doors!

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/07/smileyangry015-1.gif

Normally this would interest me. But considering his last mod he'll probably put some C4 on the hinges and just blow the doors when he gets to the trails.

Holaday07 4.7
11-28-2011, 07:06 PM
I respect your opinion here, but if he were to put that Jeep in a demo derby, you would not consider it a good cause. Trashing a $40,000 Jeep because of bad driving is not a good thing for us

lekmedm
11-30-2011, 10:24 AM
His snorkle can double as a sewer since he installed a clean-out. :)

Exactly...! If he installed a toilet, he could have a flushable crapper once he's in the water! :D

Does the WK have rear HVAC? He could run his A/C and have a cold air intake for more power!:p

(...and this guy says the standard snorkel is ugly...????)

cico7
11-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Stop beating up on the guy and his ideas, he isnt here to defend himself.

Beat up on someone with dual identities or even Sal. Both have enough hot air to blow this thread off course!

Ok, I dissed 2 mods in 1 thread, can you do better?

Matt
11-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Technically.... only 1 mod. Slacker.

Sal-XK
11-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Stop beating up on the guy and his ideas, he isnt here to defend himself.

Beat up on someone with dual identities or even Sal. Both have enough hot air to blow this thread off course!

Ok, I dissed 2 mods in 1 thread, can you do better?

I think Don needs to get in on the group hug he's feeling neglected https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

cico7
11-30-2011, 07:35 PM
I think Don needs to get in on the group hug he's feeling neglected https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png
Is that a little group humping too?

I dont do group anything.

Sal-XK
11-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Ok no group https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/smileyhug-1.gif

Matt
11-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Sal's been all about this "group" stuff lately...... feeling a bit lonely????

Sal-XK
11-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Sal's been all about this "group" stuff lately...... feeling a bit lonely????

Hey I offered Don a one on one whats up?

cico7
11-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Ok no group https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/smileyhug-1.gif
I am still not going to hug you Sal.....

Sal-XK
11-30-2011, 07:47 PM
I am still not going to hug you Sal.....

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/sadthumb_01-1.gif

Holaday07 4.7
12-01-2011, 10:49 AM
I havent been on the forum for 1 day. What did I miss, Sals acting weird lol

cico7
12-01-2011, 01:08 PM
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/12/8aaef10406ethumb-1.gif

okay Sal, come here......

Matt
02-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Looks like he sold his WK for an JK.... but he did a much better job this time!

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/02/expeditionfloat1-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/02/expeditionfloat3-1.jpg

Gotterdid
02-15-2012, 02:10 AM
good God, man! Those pontoons would hold 3 jeeps! I just don't understand the reasoning behind this...buy a boat?

AUSTINTX-XK
02-15-2012, 07:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0rWCA-DNJw&feature=related

notice the dukes of hazard window entry around 9:30.

if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

BonesWK
02-15-2012, 08:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0rWCA-DNJw&feature=related

notice the dukes of hazard window entry around 9:30.

if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

Lol - best quote.

Adondo
02-15-2012, 12:18 PM
"Lol - best quote." No kidding, that's is funny!!

The hitch-winch is a good argument for having that type setup instead of the usual front bumper mounted one. You get stuck going in... you can yank yourself back out.

Those electrical gremlins at the end are just the beginning for that doomed Jeep. :)

ped4599
02-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Every since i got 'cut off' from surfing this forum when i am at work, I have only been able to get on here once in a while. I cant believe how things here seemed to have changed, or i guess evolved.

I opened this video and at first was shocked at this mod and thought 'Well, i wouldnt do it, but lots of people have done crazy mods. so to each their own.'

What shocked me more than the mod, was the 5 pages of bashing. I realize he may not be a member here, but with his model of jeep, he could be. People who know me know I am not the 'hold hands and sing campfire songs' type, or the 'lets all get along type' but I know this forum has always been different from other jeep forums, since we have rarely joined the bashing-band wagon. I dont know this guy...never saw any of his videos be for this post. have no connection with this guy or his jeep...i just thought it odd that whole thread was about ripping on someone for trying something outside the box. I realize ( i mean, I HOPE) it wouldnt have been like this if he was a member and posted his mod. I rarerly say anything about peoples actions/comments here and I am not a moderator.I am not here to play the teacher who scolds the class or picking on a kid in the class....Its just an observation after not being here for awhile. I hate to see this forum turn into 'just another jeep forum.' Most people who come here from another forum make the comment about how things are different here.
I did go do some watching of his videos, and can see what you are all talking about. I was thinking this guys is just pushing the limits......until I saw children crawl out of the swamped rig. I think he put some children at risk while driving in very deep water. I agree he doesnt some dangerous things....So many of the comments may be justified.
We all have always thought of the commander crowd on here as having a little more class and respect than those general jeep forums. Just a thought.
All the points people made here, i would agree with. Although I would have liked to see that trek in person where they did attempt to driver a rubicon almost all the way around the world. I bet everyone has a little part of them that would like to see an XK or Wk floating across the water on pontoons (without putting innocent kids at risk)....come on...you can admit it......you would like to see it at least once. :D

Sal-XK
02-19-2012, 11:32 AM
This person has a history that I wont get into on another forum. Without knowing who he is yes I can understand your post but if you knew the other things he's done or said to and about people you would understand why people feel the way they do about him. If I did this mod I would expect all the same criticisms just in a more respectful manner. :)

LWM
02-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Ped4599, Thaks for your observation. It is always nice to get a reminder that we try to be above the line in our conduct on this forum.

Matt
02-19-2012, 12:11 PM
I think Sal explained it well.... from someone who didn't see what went on, I can understand how this thread was a bit rough.

If sal did this mod, well.... itd be like him taking his doors off- Part 2! Lol

Sal-XK
02-19-2012, 12:24 PM
I think Sal explained it well.... from someone who didn't see what went on, I can understand how this thread was a bit rough.

If sal did this mod, well.... itd be like him taking his doors off- Part 2! Lol

LMAO I'll be known forever for that move:)

ped4599
02-19-2012, 08:36 PM
I understand. I guess i just showed up late to the party. Don't worry tho....I still defend "that guy who took his doors off." I just say he was trying something ...um...well....something...."new".

Matt
02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Hey man, like Jon said- thanks for the wake up call.

I'll tell ya this though:

I cant believe how things here seemed to have changed, or i guess evolved.
Other than this thread, things "here" haven't changed... except that we've picked up some new members who are also enthusiastic.

And i think we're all anxious to get back out on the trails and have a good time :cool:

criket
02-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Yea I think we've all (me included) haven't been on any trails since before winter so we are a little PSM. I'm itching to get back out there.