PDA

View Full Version : hardest trail done with xk/wk

cis911
11-25-2011, 03:53 PM
whats was the most difficult trail has your wk/xk gone through? what was the trail rated? and with what set up?

Matt
11-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Sticky material right here...

Looking forward to seeing those Midwest guys post up https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

cis911
11-25-2011, 04:07 PM
This was my very first and only trail with my xk so far.

Gold Mountain Trail (3N69)
Big Bear Area, Southern California
Length: 3-1/2 miles
Time to complete: 1 hour

The Gold Mountain Trail can be found in the San Bernardino National Forest near Big Bear Lake. The favored direction of travel is from South to North starting on Hwy 18 near Baldwin Lake. The trail is available to street legal vehicles only.

The US Forest Service rates this trail a black diamond most difficult trail. This trail is not recommended for stock SUV’s. There are bypasses including one around the talus slope that will allow slightly modified vehicles to traverse the trail. Elevation ranges from 6700' to over 8100' and during the winter months snow and ice add to the difficulty of traversing the trail

EvilJager
11-25-2011, 04:12 PM
I did rubicon run

Haha not!

hoaxci5
11-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Either Gold Mountain (same one cis911 posted) or Miller Jeep Trail..

I would say Miller Jeep had more pucker moments, but I think Gold Mountain was more difficult.

Sal-XK
11-25-2011, 06:33 PM
I guess Daniel at Uwharrie forest service rates it as extremely difficult I think it should be rated moderate maybe difficult.

cis911
11-25-2011, 08:12 PM
I really wish i had the guts to go through john bull in big bear.

LWM
11-25-2011, 10:16 PM
That's a tough question... I am not sure I found an of the trails all the difficult, but I sure enjoyed Black Bear and Imogene Pass.

XK N00b
11-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Did the back road to Crown King from Lake Pleasant the first weekend I had the XK. Bone stock. Not sure what it's rated but it was the most nerve wracking. Only thing to top it was crossing the Verde. Devil's Staircase on Broken Arrow in Sedona took the most of working up the nerve to do.

LWM
11-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Did the back road to Crown King from Lake Pleasant the first weekend I had the XK. Bone stock. Not sure what it's rated but it was the most nerve wracking. Only thing to top it was crossing the Verde. Devil's Staircase on Broken Arrow in Sedona took the most of working up the nerve to do.

All really good trails too!

pjmjr508
11-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Just last march I was at Tillamook State Forest Next to browns camp. Did all the Single Black Diamonds Rated Trails, Have to say Hood Raiser & Hogs back were the most interesting & your skids will get a work out. BB lift on 31's armored. Had a blast thoe

Holaday07 4.7
11-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Reserved, have to find names and what they were rated

cis911
11-26-2011, 03:46 PM
i think its pretty good having done a black diamond trail with 245/70r17

valpacer
11-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Hmmm, i could throw some up but you may have to travel a bit to check them out.....

Dbl Diamond tracks through Scenic Rim inc Car wreck alley, Patrol hill
Big & Little Red at Glasshouse mountains (you can see plenty of these on youtube, just not mine as im always driving!)

Dave

cis911
12-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Hmmm, i could throw some up but you may have to travel a bit to check them out.....

Dbl Diamond tracks through Scenic Rim inc Car wreck alley, Patrol hill
Big & Little Red at Glasshouse mountains (you can see plenty of these on youtube, just not mine as im always driving!)

Dave
nice i just youtubed those trails they look legit

07JeepXK
12-07-2011, 09:26 AM
I've done almost every green/blue trail and one or two black trails at Rausch Creek Off Road Park. I think we also did a purple one if I recall correctly. Not bad for an XK on a 2 inch lift and 265/70. Ground clearance is the only thing that stops me from running blacks all day long. I need more lift! I've done a few crazy seasonal roads with icy hill climbs when we go snow wheeling.

Matt
12-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I can't wait to get back to RC in about a month. I heard all the recent weather has washed it out quite a bit making the trails more challenging!

...So i guess i'll update this post in about a month with a "worthwhile" trail..

EvilJager
12-07-2011, 04:28 PM
I can't wait to get back to RC in about a month. I heard all the recent weather has washed it out quite a bit making the trails more challenging!

...So i guess i'll update this post in about a month with a "worthwhile" trail..

I know i cant believe its only a month away now!

cico7
12-08-2011, 08:44 AM
My driveway. I have had more damage to my XK in my driveway
than any trail I have been on.

Blueberry hill and Ski Slope at Jeepskool were quite challenging.

Omelet
12-10-2011, 12:53 AM
I would say the first mile of Miller Jeep Trail along with parts of Gunslinger (Corral Canyon) and Pancake Rock.

I did rubicon run

Haha not!

I am hopefully doing The Rubicon with my dad this year. That is if we can get his JK prepped for it :D

AJeepZJ
12-10-2011, 05:12 AM
I would say the first mile of Miller Jeep Trail along with parts of Gunslinger (Corral Canyon) and Pancake Rock.

I am hopefully doing The Rubicon with my dad this year. That is if we can get his JK prepped for it :D

lol - the irony of that!

Hardest trail i've done.. hmmm... that would be any trail that puts a couple a wheels off the ground, lol. for the WK
in the XJ it was Daniel at Uwharrie (needed a rear locker for sure)
in the ZJ - she was never truly tested - I imagine she would have blown everything in Uwharrie out of the water. She had the best gear ratio, more torque, and more horse power than any Jeep I've ever owned - I will own another one again!!!!!!!!!!

IamJEEP
12-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Daniel at Uwharrie and it won.

cis911
12-11-2011, 08:44 AM
dude i just saw a couple of youtube vids and it looks pretty nuts
Daniel at Uwharrie and it won.

EvilJager
12-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Mine would be one of the blue trails at Rausch Creek when i had a 2" lift

IamJEEP
12-11-2011, 09:23 AM
dude i just saw a couple of youtube vids and it looks pretty nuts

A couple of us decided to run it at night from the back side. I was doing pretty well for my first time till a tire slashed open. Sal wash doing rock 360s, but had no problems taking the more difficult route. I only had a stock spare so my night was over.