PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Ultimate Jeep Summit 2012 - Planning thread

Sal-XK
12-03-2011, 06:43 PM
It was brought up so starting a thread on getting the ball rolling. First the name change not set in stone just an idea because of the changes to the forum with adding the WK. Don balls in your court on if your hosting the event or not I don't want to do it this year but I will help in any way that I can. I don't have a problem with it going back to flag pole for 2012 either. So what say everyone?

Sal-XK
12-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Then it shall be done!

Wherds flag pole knob?

Flag pole is on the West Virginia Virginia border. It really nice up there I never saw any great wheeling trails though. But it was a good time and nice scenary and you can go exploring a little bit but it seemed like they were blocking off everywhere fun last time I was there.

EvilJager
12-03-2011, 06:49 PM
I like the name change, but where is flag pole?

Sal-XK
12-03-2011, 07:01 PM
I like the name change, but where is flag pole?

Here is the Face Book page for flag pole https://www.facebook.com/groups/196610727069355/ I'm looking for the thread with all the info in it.

Sal-XK
12-03-2011, 07:06 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=flagpole+knob+va&sll=36.078517,-84.410448&sspn=0.016267,0.027466&ie=UTF8&ll=38.509658,-79.184196&spn=0.01575,0.027466&t=h&z=15&g=flagpole+knob+va&lci=lmc:panoramio

NeilSmith
12-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Flagpole Knob is west of Harrisonburg , Va on the state line with West Virginia. Unfortunately, Flagpole is not set up for wheeling. It is not a big trail system, rather just a few fire roads through the national forest. It is a wonderful place to camp and I would say a nice place for someone new to off roading yet an experianced offroader will get bored with the few wheeling possibilities.

EvilJager
12-03-2011, 07:18 PM
5 1/2 hr deive for me. Id rather go to RC then ride down fire roads lol or is there more than that

Sal-XK
12-03-2011, 07:23 PM
5 1/2 hr deive for me. Id rather go to RC then ride down fire roads lol or is there more than that

There are trails out there but none of us know where they are really..... I don't mind going back hanging out is a lot of fun hitting some light trails..

AJeepZJ
12-03-2011, 09:20 PM

But your missing the other aspect of what makes these events fantastic. Not to sound too cliche'd or anything, but it is the people that make these events fun.
I like the name change - that sounds fine to me.
I don't care where we have it as long as it ain't in Alabama or Mississippi - I'd personally like a change in scenery and hit up a beach and do some camping. But I can do that myself any time.

LWM
12-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Just keep in mind that "The Ultimate Jeep Summit" is an event sponsored by this forum. The use of the name is okay with me but I wanted to get that out now in case anyone has an issue with that.

Sal-XK
12-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Just keep in mind that "The Ultimate Jeep Summit" is an event sponsored by this forum. The use of the name is okay with me but I wanted to get that out now in case anyone has an issue with that.

My bad, I forgot to mention that.

The_War_Wagon
12-04-2011, 05:20 AM
That is a scenic area (I used to work for the Boy Scouts down in WV, & that's about a 4 hour drive for me as well), and I'm up for the light wheelin', seein' as how I just made Payment #2 on mine! https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png Depending on the date & my schedule, it's definitely a DO-ABLE location!

I plan on hitting this in September - http://jeepjamboreeusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/laurel-highlands-2012.pdf - as it's also VERY close by, has some light wheelin' trails for us 'Noobs, and I definitely plan to have a few aftermarket goodies (including wheels, tires, and possibly some lift) by then. FYI for potential date conflict.

cico7
12-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Camp Commander was usually held there in August because Sept was too cold. Even in August peeps were wearing winter coats. But that happens at 4000 ft. We have made 2trips, May & August.
Camp Commander is near and dear to me because that was The First trip for Commanders at the suggestion of TJ Lowe and Crzcajun.
I think, given we have a new group, including some different kinds of people (wk's) we should start a new tradition, new name, new adventure,

criket
12-04-2011, 06:53 AM
I like the new name and it's cool that this forum sponsers an event like this. I'll be down for a trip as long as it isn't a real far drive for me.

Also, there is some trail called Shoe Creek located middle to southwest Virginia. I've seen youtube videos for it and it doesn't look too bad.

EvilJager
12-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Aj i know what youre saying about the people and all but i have a boring fire road behing my house haha...

NeilSmith
12-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Shoe Creek located middle to southwest Virginia.
I believe Shoe Creek runs up into an area where Crabtree Falls is at. Crabtree is a popular stop for people driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway. There is a Jeep group out of Richmond, Southside Jeepers, that runs that. I was a member but they seemed to be just a bunch of Wrangler snobs so I canceled my membership. There arent a lot of off-road trails here in central Va which is surprising with having the mountains. The George Washington Natl Forest was simply never set up with the trails. They seem to be more into conserving the land for hiking trails and closing everything to vehicles. Myself, I'd like to do the beach like A.J. :)

Sal-XK
12-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I have no issues going to the beach in 2012

cico7
12-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Wjat beach?is there wheeling or just parking?

NeilSmith
12-04-2011, 02:00 PM
drinking

Sal-XK
12-04-2011, 02:05 PM

No real wheeling at the beach more just camping. But it is a good time

cico7
12-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Sounds like Neil has this one....can I bring my popup?

NeilSmith
12-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Sounds like Neil has this one....can I bring my popup?
As long as your " pop-up" is a camper, sure.

cico7
12-04-2011, 03:57 PM
When we doing this?

As long as your " pop-up" is a camper, sure.

NeilSmith
12-04-2011, 07:37 PM
I dont know, this is the first I heard of it. HaHAHA

cico7
12-05-2011, 08:06 AM
I dont know, this is the first I heard of it. HaHAHA
Yeah, you volumteered about post 19 I think....
I shouldnt plan these, I am in not in the East Coast region of any forum!
I am midwest, but the MW folks are kinda snobby, arrogant, you know the type.

NeilSmith
12-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Im not a planner. I leave it up to the wife.

cico7
12-05-2011, 09:32 AM
So you are going to let your wife plan our trip? Ok...

Im not a planner. I leave it up to the wife.

BonesWK
12-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Gulches? Just throwing out ideas people may have not thought of

http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/

http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/Map_of_Gulches%202010.pdf

Vid showing the easier trails, as many pics online are of the crazy parts
http://youtu.be/3m2GHrzGRiI

AJeepZJ
12-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Aj i know what youre saying about the people and all but i have a boring fire road behing my house haha...

Not my fault you moved to the sticks, lol.

I was actually thinking deep into the OBX...

No real wheeling at the beach more just camping. But it is a good time

We could do some good wheeling in OBX - and also hit up Kill Devil Hills...etc - there's some wheeling to be done at the beach.

NeilSmith
12-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Not my fault you moved to the sticks, lol.

I was actually thinking deep into the OBX...

We could do some good wheeling in OBX - and also hit up Kill Devil Hills...etc - there's some wheeling to be done at the beach.

Im with you dude. Maybe you should/could plan it all out. :)

Holaday07 4.7
12-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah, you volumteered about post 19 I think....
I shouldnt plan these, I am in not in the East Coast region of any forum!
I am midwest, but the MW folks are kinda snobby, arrogant, you know the type.

Not cool man, not cool.

cico7
12-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Not cool man, not cool.
Exactly what was it i said you didnt agree with?

Holaday07 4.7
12-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Exactly what was it i said you didnt agree with?

Lol, just busting your balls, but I didnt think I was "kinda snobby, arrogant, you know the type."

cico7
12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Well, man, I hate to be the one to tell you. but, there it is.
Now you know. Thing is, bald people know they are bald, big people, know they are big,
But the arrogant snobs, seem not to have a clue! What's up with that?? :D

Lol, just busting your balls, but I didnt think I was "kinda snobby, arrogant, you know the type."

What should we do folks? Beach, Flagpole, OBX, Gulches.......other ideas? Neil, your in charge....

Sal-XK
12-05-2011, 03:29 PM
OBX sounds fun. I know there is a lot of places on the coast I haven't seen yet. I'm up for anything though I'll try and show up where ever it is.

BonesWK
12-06-2011, 06:16 AM
so im just a newbie here, but it seems like we may need a poll to see what everyone is thinking about when it comes to the summit.

Wheeling or Hanging/Camping. Or a little of both.

just my .02

LWM
12-06-2011, 06:46 AM
so im just a newbie here, but it seems like we may need a poll to see what everyone is thinking about when it comes to the summit.

Wheeling or Hanging/Camping. Or a little of both.

The West Coast & East Coast are two totally different kinds of events. On the EC you guys seem to camp out over a weekend and het as many trails as you can.

On the west coast we do trails everyday and then gatherings at the camp site (we also stay in KOA style campgrounds) in the evenings. We all go out to dinner together one night and have an awards program and givaways as well. We have a camp shirt and our event runs Monday through Friday.

You can make the event as big or small as you want, really no limits on having fun.

Someday we will do a nationwide event but we need a few more years of growth first.

AJeepZJ
12-06-2011, 08:53 AM
We have a camp shirt and our event runs Monday through Friday.

I would like to see an E.C. Jeep Summit Shirt - Can NEVER have enough Jeep shirts (even though my Army shirts are creeping up FAST). I tried to do the whole shirt thing but it was just too cumbersome to put it all together. If someone could just create a paypal account that I can drop 15-20 bucks in for the my shirt - I will be happy camper. Who would like to do this? I vote... Danny, lol.

LWM
12-06-2011, 09:09 AM
I would like to see an E.C. Jeep Summit Shirt - Can NEVER have enough Jeep shirts (even though my Army shirts are creeping up FAST). I tried to do the whole shirt thing but it was just too cumbersome to put it all together. If someone could just create a paypal account that I can drop 15-20 bucks in for the my shirt - I will be happy camper. Who would like to do this? I vote... Danny, lol.

Maybe I can take this up as long as we do one shirt for "The Ultimate Jeep Summit 2012" and not mess with EC/WC or event dates.

If I did it I would include sponsored by and include the forum and any of the vendors that want to sponsor the events.

Most likely "Ultimate Jeep Summit 2012" on the front and "sponsored by" on the back

cico7
12-06-2011, 09:55 AM
This is too flipping complicated already.......
Date time be there...or don't.
I often purchased decals on my own and gave them away.
Did everyone get thier Uhwarrie decals?

Sal-XK
12-06-2011, 03:33 PM
This is too flipping complicated already.......
Date time be there...or don't.
I often purchased decals on my own and gave them away.
Did everyone get thier Uhwarrie decals?

I did!!!

NeilSmith
12-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Yup, I got it. It is a lot of work to set at trip up. I am not volunteering neither. :)

AJeepZJ
12-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Maybe I can take this up as long as we do one shirt for "The Ultimate Jeep Summit 2012" and not mess with EC/WC or event dates.

If I did it I would include sponsored by and include the forum and any of the vendors that want to sponsor the events.

Most likely "Ultimate Jeep Summit 2012" on the front and "sponsored by" on the back

Well I was talking about an EC specific shirt - but i'd purchase an Ultimate Jeep Summit 2012 shirt too... I'm not sure if I missed something.

EvilJager
12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Well I was talking about an EC specific shirt - but i'd purchase an Ultimate Jeep Summit 2012 shirt too... I'm not sure if I missed something.
I may have missed some too... is there s place/ date lol

LWM
12-06-2011, 05:31 PM

I was just saying that I might be willing to do the work on one shirt, but two would not be much more work if needed. Wasn't sure it really needed to say West Coast or East Coast but if that is what people want I am sure it is doable.

Also one shirt covers two different dates (and if we didn't put 2012 it would cover different years as well). Just cost consideration issues. Left over shirts could be used for several different events.

cico7
12-06-2011, 05:47 PM
No, someone jacked the thread talking about T shirts....

I may have missed some too... is there s place/ date lolwe were talking about where and when
may 16 to 20, 2012?

NeilSmith
12-06-2011, 05:51 PM
I dont know why you always like to celebrate my birthday ( 19th ). :)

cico7
12-06-2011, 05:57 PM
I dont know why you always like to celebrate my birthday ( 19th ). :)Here for you bubba!!!

Sal-XK
12-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Can't think of a better way to spend a birth day!! Well, I can but I can't post in here LMAO

AJeepZJ
12-06-2011, 06:56 PM
I can't do May. But don't change it on my behalf if it works for everyone else. Good luck

cico7
12-06-2011, 07:21 PM
nothing in May? AJ we always try to find a way to get the most in our time frame.
What works?
I can't do May. But don't change it on my behalf if it works for everyone else. Good luck

The_War_Wagon
12-08-2011, 11:38 AM
I have FOUND... the location!

Mount Washington, NH - last one to the top, buys! :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BZh-7hkNe4&feature=player_embedded

As long as ONE of you mugs with a 3.7 shows up, I DON'T hafta worry about being last to the top!!! :p

AJeepZJ
12-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Easy there...

There is 70% chance I will be training in Fort Benning - before May is cluttered with class and work... If you do it on a weekend in late April I should be able to go.

Sal-XK
12-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Easy there...

There is 70% chance I will be training in Fort Benning - before May is cluttered with class and work... If you do it on a weekend in late April I should be able to go.

Wishful thinking I think LOL

AJeepZJ
12-09-2011, 04:06 AM
Ouch...

Sal-XK
12-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Ouch...

Nothing I haven't already warned you about https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

EvilJager
01-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Any updates on this topic?

Sal-XK
01-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Any updates on this topic?

Nope waiting for someone to step up and take controll of it.

LWM
01-08-2012, 03:41 PM
The Steel Armadillo will of course offer another Secure Console as a door prize this year for your event and another product yet too be determined.

EvilJager
01-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Id be willing to try and throw something together. But if its up to me id pick rc. Since its the closest place to me. And they offer free camping. Id just need a date so i can get off but it cant be a holiday weekend in the summer cause i wont get it. And id def eant more than 3 wk/xk to come or that would be LAME in my opinion. Al least for an event like this. Just not a normal trail ride.

Sal-XK
01-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Id be willing to try and throw something together. But if its up to me id pick rc. Since its the closest place to me. And they offer free camping. Id just need a date so i can get off but it cant be a holiday weekend in the summer cause i wont get it. And id def eant more than 3 wk/xk to come or that would be LAME in my opinion. Al least for an event like this. Just not a normal trail ride.

That's the thing it's like any trail ride were if you get even half the people show up you're in good shape. I had more people at the pre run then the actual event I think. Last event I went to before that was flag pole knob I think we only had four show up for that. It's a lot of work putting them on when your trying to get prizes and stuff and you just hope people show up.

EvilJager
01-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Yea it wouldnt be fun investing all the time for a few people to come. I think if 10 rigs came that would be cool.

Sal-XK
01-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Yea it wouldnt be fun investing all the time for a few people to come. I think if 10 rigs came that would be cool.

10 would be huge considering previous years turn out.

EvilJager
01-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Id say theres alot of wk/xk in the pa,nj, ny area. Its just getting them out there lol

criket
01-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Id say theres alot of wk/xk in the pa,nj, ny area. Its just getting them out there lol

Just bribe them with that booger sugar. LOL j/k.

I'm waiting for some dates and locations for this event to determine if I can go or not.

cico7
01-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Well back on 12/6 I threw out some dates and only Neil responded.
Well AJ made a comment about training....but that was it, so I let it go.

Did the ultimate jeep put together a flag like we did for camp commander?

I will check at the other forum and see if they want to do a camp commander.

AJeepZJ
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Great or Small - there is a chance I won't be available to wheel in May. If you guys decide on a weekend after February but before May I'll write it in the calender

DetroitMarauder
01-08-2012, 08:15 PM
I posted in the Trail Rides section that I was going to be in Clarksburg, Maryland the week of Memorial Day if anyone wanted to get together and received no responses. If this ends up being within a few hours of where I'll be I would go. If it's later in the summer would be good too.

LWM
01-08-2012, 08:34 PM
10 would be huge considering previous years turn out.

WC Camp Commander has always had at least 10 rigs :)

LWM
01-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Did the ultimate jeep put together a flag like we did for camp commander?

Ultimate Jeep Summit is something I recently camp up with so there are no flags yet, but there will be eventually.

I think I have the Camp Commander flag if someone wants to keep that event alive and wants the flag.

EvilJager
01-09-2012, 05:27 PM
So... wjat do we want to do guys?

Sal-XK
01-09-2012, 06:49 PM
I know this don't help but I'm down for what ever I guess I'll do my best to be there.

AJeepZJ
01-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Still going to throw OBX out there.

Matt
01-10-2012, 05:39 AM
I've been keeping my eye on this... I just haven't showed any interest because I don't want to be one of those guys that says I'm in and then bails....

Its going to be hard for me to get away for a few days... between the kids, taking classes and already planning vacation time this summer it'd be hard for me to commit to anything. BUT if it's not ridiculously far away, ill try to get out there for a day of wheeling.

Sal-XK
04-03-2012, 09:12 AM
bump!

AJeepZJ
04-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Can you guys check out Tellico and Cape Hatteras NS, tell me what you think.

Matt
04-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Big Dogs Off-road? www.bigdogsoffroad.com

Just an idea... lol a bit closer for us "northern" guys

Oh, ill be at OBX July 14-20th

NeilSmith
04-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Can you guys check out Tellico and Cape Hatteras NS, tell me what you think.
the thing about the beach is that if guys want to go wheeling, there isnt much of that to do at the beach. if im at the beach it will consist of my ass in a chair in the surf with beer in my hand.

Sal-XK
04-03-2012, 03:57 PM
the thing about the beach is that if guys want to go wheeling, there isnt much of that to do at the beach. if im at the beach it will consist of my ass in a chair in the surf with beer in my hand.

I wheel all the time so I don't care if we wheel or get drunk in the surf it's all good to me :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sal-XK
04-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Was just thinking the beach might bring more people out, some who might not come if we're rock crawling or something. Just a thought!

NeilSmith
04-03-2012, 04:01 PM
i have to hook up with you at the beach. something i always wanted to do is camp directly on the beach and have yet to do it.

Sal-XK
04-03-2012, 04:03 PM
i have to hook up with you at the beach. something i always wanted to do is camp directly on the beach and have yet to do it.

The beach is sounding like a winner to me! Fishing drinking being lazy ordering pizza ahhhh the good life LOL

NeilSmith
04-03-2012, 04:09 PM
The beach is sounding like a winner to me! Fishing drinking being lazy ordering pizza ahhhh the good life LOL

you're gonna get fat. LOL

Sal-XK
04-03-2012, 04:10 PM
you're gonna get fat. LOL

I already did LOL kinda ok with it no pressure LMAO

NeilSmith
04-03-2012, 04:16 PM
you mean LMFAO

Matt
04-03-2012, 04:17 PM
you mean LMFAO

.... F = Fat???

AJeepZJ
04-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Lol, you guys are out of control... But a beach trip sounds good. Now we gotta decide on what beach. Im ok if we dont do a whole lot of wheeling or the wheeling is easy... It'll be a change of pace from all the rock and mud wheeling we do.

NeilSmith
04-03-2012, 04:26 PM
.... F = Fat???
of course

Sal-XK
04-03-2012, 04:27 PM
The only beach I camp at is Carolina beach. So that's all I can recommend. I know it's open and we can camp right on the water.

NeilSmith
04-03-2012, 04:30 PM
the beach sounds great to me. it would have to be where Sal goes if you want to camp on the beach. the OBX has some campgrounds but they arent right on the beach, which is where you gotta be. i dont know where else you can even drive on the beaches either, OBX you can but again, no camping. I know in Fl you can drive out at St Augustine and Daytona but again , no camping. Nowhere here in Va. Anyone in SC and Ga can chime in. Looks like NC to me.
edit : anywhere north of Va need not be in the running LOL !!!

AJeepZJ
04-03-2012, 05:13 PM
This is the most up-to-date brochure for camping and ORV. Some locations overlay. I'd rather not go to Carolina Beach, (but that's just me). Tired of going there, AND it's always congested.

http://ecnews.outer-banks.com/2012orvroutes.pdf

Sal-XK
04-03-2012, 06:01 PM
This is the most up-to-date brochure for camping and ORV. Some locations overlay. I'd rather not go to Carolina Beach, (but that's just me). Tired of going there, AND it's always congested.

http://ecnews.outer-banks.com/2012orvroutes.pdf

It doesn't matter to me what beach we stay at really as long as we can camp right on the water not around the corner or 100' feet away. Nothing like walking forever across hot sand to get a beer or what ever.

NeilSmith
04-03-2012, 06:04 PM
It doesn't matter to me what beach we stay at really as long as we can camp right on the water not around the corner or 100' feet away. Nothing like walking forever across hot sand to get a beer or what ever.
my feelings exactly. camping in a campground that borders the beach is not the same as camping ON THE BEACH.

IamJEEP
04-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Daytona bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJeepZJ
05-12-2012, 05:58 AM
We working with a particular date yet? I got some buddies who want to make it to an OBX trip. Kind of waiting to see what day this falls on.

LWM
05-12-2012, 08:05 AM
More than happy to send some swag once the event is finalized.