PDA

View Full Version : Any Advice on this?

Holaday07 4.7
12-05-2011, 06:44 AM
I keep getting the passenger floorboard filled up with water. I took everything appart last weekend, twice, and shot it out with compressed air. Yesterday, it leaked again. Old lady wants me to take it to the shop, but I think with some advice from you guys I could take care of this myself. I guess I can call the warrenty co today to see if this is a coverable item, so then it would only cost me $100.00...

Thanks in advance for any help

Matt
12-05-2011, 06:50 AM
To be clear.... you shot out the sunroof drain tubes with air?

07JeepXK
12-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Either your sunroof drain tubes are clogged which definately could be the problem since you have a sunroof. I dont have a sunroof and had the same problem. The dealer had to re caulk an area of the wind shield on the passenger side as well as the secondary door seals. It fixed the problem for me and no more water inside. It happened about 4 years ago right after I purchased the XK.

Matt
12-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Sal also has a thread where he had to add caulk to the grommit thats used to supply power to the doors.... so it could be coming in through there.

Holaday07 4.7
12-05-2011, 07:02 AM
I took appart the A pillar, pulled the headliner down, disconnected the blue tube and blew it out with an air compressor, twice. I even blew through it like a breathalizer and air was moving through it. Could it be clogged at the top.

07, where was your water entering? Mine is coming throuhgh under the trim at the corner where the door meets the cabin.

Matt
12-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Check this out:
http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php/79-Water-Leak-Just-do-it-your-self?

07JeepXK
12-05-2011, 07:11 AM
I took appart the A pillar, pulled the headliner down, disconnected the blue tube and blew it out with an air compressor, twice. I even blew through it like a breathalizer and air was moving through it. Could it be clogged at the top.

07, where was your water entering? Mine is coming throuhgh under the trim at the corner where the door meets the cabin.

When I was getting pooling water on the passenger side floor im not exactly sure where it was coming from. My Jeep was brand new at the time so i took it right to the dealer and they fixed it for me. Another time not long after I had water leaking in on the drivers side through the A-piller during a bad storm.