PDA

View Full Version : What the Heck man!!!!!!!

Sal-XK
12-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Ok so I decided I wanted the satellite for some reason in the Jeep. Figured with all the places I go with no signal this wood be a good thing and leans towards the expedition type Jeep I'm going for. Well the thing keeps saying no signal and then goes back to FM :mad: So I start moving stuff on the roof figuring I was blocking the signal. Before you know it I have everything taken off my roof I mean all of it:eek: It only took a few minuets to do but what ever. So jump in the jeep pull it into the street and same thing. I check under the 2nd row seat and it's all still hooked up. So now I'm thinking maybe its not hooked up behind the radio for some reason and this is what I find.

So what the heck is that think? I'm thinking the Ipod intergration thing maybe which I would like but made two years later and I find IT WTF LMAO!
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/12/100_3395JPG-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/12/100_3396JPG-1.jpg

So now did they mess with the satellite signal putting this in or is this why that VES never did anything on my radio? Any thoughts pleas before I take the hole Jeep apart I'm in one of those moods. :p

And for a rear treat pics of my XK topless hehehe
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/12/100_3394JPG-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/12/100_3393JPG-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/12/100_3392JPG-1.jpg

AJeepZJ
12-05-2011, 11:05 AM
It looks naked it... put it back on!!!

Sal-XK
12-05-2011, 11:08 AM
It looks naked it... put it back on!!!

No not until I get the satellite working :D

I plugged in my phone and that's exactly what it is an aux port LOL wish I knew it was there 2 years ago man that jerk took his stupid cord so you would never know until you took it apart and found it.

Sal-XK
12-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Well I'm guessing since the Aux port plays under the VES system installing this should not have done anything to the satellite. I guess I'll go tear the back of the Jeep apart and chase the antenna cable down.

cico7
12-05-2011, 11:55 AM
ok before you go anywhere....did you install a receiver for the Satellite? was it already in?
where did you place the antenna? are you sure the antenna wires were not pinched?
What radio do you have?

Sal-XK
12-05-2011, 11:57 AM
ok before you go anywhere....did you install a receiver for the Satellite? was it already in?
where did you place the antenna? are you sure the antenna wires were not pinched?
What radio do you have?

Came installed I have the REC as far as I know.

hoaxci5
12-05-2011, 12:20 PM
I installed that exact item in my Jeep.
It gives you aux input as you already figured out.
It has to replace either the VES or the SAT.
I replaced SAT when I switch to SAT on the REC-NAV unit it now has two stations 1 and 2, (sometimes 184 pops up but I think that part of the search/reprogram)
If the installer replaced the VES when you play a dvd it would not allow the movie to play through the Jeep speakers, but still work with the headphones. It also shouldn't play AUX through the VES on the speakers.

REC-NAV was 2006 and 2007 as far as I know..

hoaxci5
12-05-2011, 12:24 PM
I can't remember for sure, but I think I had to unplug some stuff under the second row seats to get mine to work. So maybe if the guy was trying to replace SAT and unplugged stuff and never plugged it back in, but now has it hooked to VES (in case neither works that is the direction I would start looking)

But I would verify what does and doesn't work with the SAT and VES portions to see which direction to head for troubleshooting. If you leave that AUX device in though you will be without one of the two features playing through the radio.

Sal-XK
12-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Crisis over I got it working :) :D Something must of been loose because all I did was go push in every radio plug I could find in the jeep and the thing got stuck the volume wouldn't work and I was like aw man no what. Changed the channel on the SAT and boom sound LOL so its all good. This morning I had just the radio and cd player now I have an AUX in YEA BABY and SAT radio heehehe but I took my rack apart :( so back to work for me MAYBE!

hoaxci5
12-05-2011, 12:48 PM
I maybe should have also mentioned that I installed a switch inline with the power for that device because I've had a few times where it doesn't seem to reset properly and then my AUX wouldn't work. So for the cost of a switch (I had one already along with extra wire) I saved myself from having to tear the dash apart every time it happens which has been at least three times.. another interesting thing you might like about it is there is a aux power wire on it which is great for triggering a relay to power other devices only when the ignition is on, I use it for a relay which feeds power to my cb, subwoofer amp, and gps unit.

Sal-XK
12-05-2011, 01:10 PM
I maybe should have also mentioned that I installed a switch inline with the power for that device because I've had a few times where it doesn't seem to reset properly and then my AUX wouldn't work. So for the cost of a switch (I had one already along with extra wire) I saved myself from having to tear the dash apart every time it happens which has been at least three times.. another interesting thing you might like about it is there is a aux power wire on it which is great for triggering a relay to power other devices only when the ignition is on, I use it for a relay which feeds power to my cb, subwoofer amp, and gps unit.

Thanks for the info I'll have to download the instructions for that thing at some point. I always wondered why my VES did absolutely nothing at all LOL The funny thing is now I know why there is a hole in the cubby down there saw that a while back too. I guess the sings were there I just missed them all

hoaxci5
12-05-2011, 01:16 PM
It's been a great device for my uses.. It allows me to use my phone with Slacker Radio app to listen to music while my kids still watch a DVD. I had sat radio for a few years awhile ago and just got bored with it, so I had no use for it anymore, and it's nice that it's all factory integrated other than the aux cord now.

Sal-XK
12-05-2011, 01:43 PM
The funny thing is I never used my phone because threw the FM thing is sounded like crap and wanted the Sat for places you have no signal which I'm in a lot. If I would've found the aux thing I might not of got the sat but it was already paid for LOL

hoaxci5
12-05-2011, 02:17 PM
That's why I use Slack Radio on my phone, it allows caching of stations so no signal required. But thats only if you pay for the service which is like $50 a year. Out here in the mountains/desert we're lucky to have cell service on the interstate in some areas.

07JeepXK
12-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I take it you bought your XK used?

The_War_Wagon
12-16-2011, 05:56 AM
WHERE do you go in eastern NC with NO signal?!?! :eek: I'm from Salisbury, and went to WCU, down in the deep sw mountains of the state, so I can understand no signal there (save for the occasional tiny AM station with the local snake handling/Mexican cat juggling, jackleg, pentecostal, full-holiness, preacher on it :(). EVERYTHING east of Greensboro down to Wadesboro is flat as a flitter - other than signals CROSSING at the fringe of broadcast range, I can't imagine EVER being without a radio signal there!

Sal-XK
12-16-2011, 06:01 AM
I have no signal at uwharrie phone or radio. I do travel outside NC to go wheeling which means by the time I find a radio channel it's starts to fade while traveling to where I'm going. I didn't have a signal up in VA.

criket
12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
WHERE do you go in eastern NC with NO signal?!?! :eek: I'm from Salisbury, and went to WCU, down in the deep sw mountains of the state, so I can understand no signal there (save for the occasional tiny AM station with the local snake handling/Mexican cat juggling, jackleg, pentecostal, full-holiness, preacher on it :(). EVERYTHING east of Greensboro down to Wadesboro is flat as a flitter - other than signals CROSSING at the fringe of broadcast range, I can't imagine EVER being without a radio signal there!

Hey, I grew up south of Asheboro, right in the middle of the state and we got NO SIGNAL whatesoever fom any phone company. It's still like that. It's a geographical oddity.