PDA

View Full Version : What are my options?

Holaday07 4.7
12-29-2011, 07:41 AM
My front end is sagging again now that I have the sliders, front guard, and put on the new front suspension skid.

Can I...

1) Just add the OME MD springs to my current Daystar lift and take out the 1/2 inch spacer from Robby?

Or

2) My struts are good and I dont want a crazy stiff ride. Should I put the HD springs on, take off the Daystar lift, and leave the 1/2 inch spacer from RObby.

I just want it to sit level, that is all.

Matt
12-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Option 2 is what I went with and it worked quite well.

I would definitely recommend going with the HD springs, remove the daystar spacers and then use the 1/4" thick spacer to fine tune the height (start with it installed). That's exactly what I'm running on my armored v8 XK. So at least you have a baseline. :)

07JeepXK
12-29-2011, 09:03 AM
My front end is sagging again now that I have the sliders, front guard, and put on the new front suspension skid.

Can I...

1) Just add the OME MD springs to my current Daystar lift and take out the 1/2 inch spacer from Robby?

Or

2) My struts are good and I dont want a crazy stiff ride. Should I put the HD springs on, take off the Daystar lift, and leave the 1/2 inch spacer from RObby.

I just want it to sit level, that is all.

Just a heads up. The OME HD coils make it a stiff ride. Not sure if thats what you are looking for. Im actually thinking about swapping over to the MD Coils. I dont have steel bumpers or really anything that has added weight to the XK other then the 4xguard belly skid. I have even removed the third row seating and the spare tire so the HD coils really arent needed for me.

Matt
12-29-2011, 09:15 AM
I guess its relative. ... I expected a really stiff ride from the OME HD but its really not. Yes, its stiffer than stock, but its not a rough ride by any means.

I think a lot of the people who complain about a really stiff ride after the OME are the ones who also just installed LT tires with their lifts and inflated them to 50+ psi. I honestly didn't notice a huge difference when I swapped out my stock springs/struts/RC and installed the OME HD except that its nowhere near as "floaty". But I also didn't change my tires (E rated set at 38psi).... so I really think the tires are the biggest influence.

Holaday07 4.7
12-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Just a heads up. The OME HD coils make it a stiff ride. Not sure if thats what you are looking for. Im actually thinking about swapping over to the MD Coils. I dont have steel bumpers or really anything that has added weight to the XK other then the 4xguard belly skid. I have even removed the third row seating and the spare tire so the HD coils really arent needed for me.

Sell me your HD coils?

Sounds good on that. I was not sure that i could put the OME on the stock struts, but if that is not a big deal, then right on.

Matt
12-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Sounds good on that. I was not sure that i could put the OME on the stock struts, but if that is not a big deal, then right on.

Based on the measurements I took, there's no issues installing the OME springs in stock struts.

The primary benefit for OME struts is to get the "fine tuned" valving for the springs. I put that in quotes because they use the same struts for both the MD and the HD springs... so, IMO, the "fine tuning" is more of a sales pitch.

07JeepXK
12-31-2011, 07:23 AM
I guess its relative. ... I expected a really stiff ride from the OME HD but its really not. Yes, its stiffer than stock, but its not a rough ride by any means.

I think a lot of the people who complain about a really stiff ride after the OME are the ones who also just installed LT tires with their lifts and inflated them to 50+ psi. I honestly didn't notice a huge difference when I swapped out my stock springs/struts/RC and installed the OME HD except that its nowhere near as "floaty". But I also didn't change my tires (E rated set at 38psi).... so I really think the tires are the biggest influence.

I noticed quite a difference going from Bilstein HD Struts with BDS spacer to the OME struts and HD Coils. I have load range C Goodyear MTR's w/Kevlar running 35 psi. The max psi on these tires is 50 psi. I do like the stiff ride, dont get me wrong. But I know others really dont want that. I just dont see me installing front and rear bumpers anytime soon since Im going to focus on getting the XK paid off so I think I might swap them out for the MD coils.

Matt
12-31-2011, 07:31 AM
When you swapped the struts you had the same tires before/after as well?

It would be interesting to see what happens when you swap to MD coils. .. for both ride quality and lift height. Are you going to do it soon or just thinking about doing it?

Holaday07 4.7
01-03-2012, 07:02 AM
I noticed quite a difference going from Bilstein HD Struts with BDS spacer to the OME struts and HD Coils. I have load range C Goodyear MTR's w/Kevlar running 35 psi. The max psi on these tires is 50 psi. I do like the stiff ride, dont get me wrong. But I know others really dont want that. I just dont see me installing front and rear bumpers anytime soon since Im going to focus on getting the XK paid off so I think I might swap them out for the MD coils.

I will buy your HD coils if you switch them.