PDA

View Full Version : jeep gone crazy or is it me?

EvilJager
01-02-2012, 12:24 PM
So it startes when i took the wk swimming. Threw some codes and needed to replace the abs sensor. I bought the part laat week and still havent installed it yet. ( still throw codes everytime i turn it on). Then the rear was acting funny. Like it wasnt engaging correctly when i turned it on and drove. But only when i turned it on. Changed the diff oil last night. Sat overnight in the garage. I have driven it twice today with no rear end problems and threw no codes. Whats going on here! Im positive the diff oil wasnt the problem

hinchcliffe
01-02-2012, 01:58 PM
When was the battery replaced or is it original? Otheriwse bad electrical connections or grounding issue? Maybe a cut wire shorting?

Matt
01-02-2012, 02:07 PM
What were the codes again? In your other thread didn't we mention wet electrical connectors as a possible cause? Could be residual water sitting in there causing issues at random times..

EvilJager
01-02-2012, 02:15 PM
The battery is origional. Well i guess it is its a mopar battery and ive never replaced it.

Matt heres the codes.

C101c
Right front wheel speed sensor signal erratic performance

U0415
Implausible data received from abs.

I dont see water being in there. It was atleast a month or so ago (i think lol)

Sal-XK
01-02-2012, 02:20 PM
The rear diff vent line only goes to the top of the fender on the XK. How deep where you? You could of got water in the diff.

Matt
01-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Did you ever clean out the connectors?

EvilJager
01-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Sal i was about 28" in water.
Matt i havent takwn the connectors apart amd cleanes them but did a good underbody cleaning

Matt
01-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Cleaning the underbody won't help if water got into the ABS Module connectors and started corroding them.

The first thing you need to do is address that C101C code. You already bought the sensor, so you should replace it. You should also disconnect and clean the terminals on the ABS module since that can also cause the problem.

After that's done, the U0415 code should also go away... if not you may need a new TCM (but that's up under the dash so i dont see that being the problem unless your interior was submerged).

Edit: if you let it go too long you may find yourself replacing the ABS module instead of $5 worth of terminal cleaner and dielectric grease.

EvilJager
01-02-2012, 02:40 PM
My interior staied dry