PDA

View Full Version : Satellite signal & roof racks

BonesWK
01-05-2012, 09:04 AM
So im a new happy owner of a Rola roof rack.

I had a question about satellite radio, does anyone else have sirius while running a rack? I would like to know how you mounted it with minimal cutting out of the signal. Thanks

DetroitMarauder
01-05-2012, 11:25 AM
I had a question about satellite radio, does anyone else have sirius while running a rack? I would like to know how you mounted it with minimal cutting out of the signal. Thanks

x2

Sal-XK
01-05-2012, 04:42 PM
I have no issues with mine and my wire floor is right on top of the antenna. My rear bar is pretty close to it as well.

NeilSmith
01-05-2012, 05:17 PM
my gps antenna is on the top of the rear gate and Ive never had a problem with reception.

LWM
01-05-2012, 05:31 PM
I had a problem when the rear bar was directly over the antenna, once I moved the bar I was okay. You can relocate the Satellite antenna like Adondo did as well, the write up is on the other forum (need to copy it here).

GPintheMitten
01-05-2012, 06:25 PM
I had a problem when the rear bar was directly over the antenna, once I moved the bar I was okay. You can relocate the GPS antenna like Adondo did as well, the write up is on the other forum (need to copy it here).

I don't remember him relocating the GPS antenna but I recall him relocating the Sirius antenna.

You can get a magnetic Sirius antenna with lead. I bought one and paid about $20 if I remember correctly.

I put my Rola Rack as far forward as I could and I got reception most of the time with the stock antenna.

LWM
01-05-2012, 08:17 PM
I don't remember him relocating the GPS antenna but I recall him relocating the Sirius antenna.

That's what I meant, I fixed my post! Thanks.

BonesWK
01-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Glad I'm not the only one.. I get reception about 85% of the time its more annoying than anything.

I may move the rack up a few inches to see how that works