PDA

View Full Version : Wheel spacer question

Ross
01-25-2012, 03:33 PM
I have a set of 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers that I was going to have put on by 4wheelparts along with some 265/70/17 goodyear wrangler duratracs. My problem is that 4wheel parts does not have the load range "C" in stock, but only the "E" (these are about 100$ extra, which would have otherwise gone towards their tire protection warranty.) They said they do not know when they will be getting more "C"s, so I was thinking of just getting them at discount tire and then installing my spacers afterwards, would this be ok, or would I need to get my wheels rotated and balanced again AFTER install of the spacers?
Thanks, Ross

hoaxci5
01-25-2012, 03:46 PM
You do not need to rotate and balance after spacers. But I will tell you this, if you get the tires from Discount Tire and have spacers they won't touch it. So no free rotations or even getting a flat repaired. Company wide policy if it has spacers they won't work on it.

cico7
01-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah but Mr Tire does....

You do not need to rotate and balance after spacers. But I will tell you this, if you get the tires from Discount Tire and have spacers they won't touch it. So no free rotations or even getting a flat repaired. Company wide policy if it has spacers they won't work on it.

Adondo
01-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Do yourself a favor and lose the factory "pebble gatherer" wheels and put aftermarket wheels on. Spacers are just a failure waiting to happen, IMHO. Actual wheels are a lot stronger since they mount up solid to the hubs, and with factory length studs too.

I used to get a screeching rock in a brake pad about every time I wheeled, but not since swapping wheels. The new ones don't collect ice and snow either.

AJeepZJ
01-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I think this is one of those 'your experience may vary' deals. I have not had any issues with my wheel adaptors - and I've wheeled and drove on them for 1.5years now, like many other modified XK and WK's on the road. Not that I have a +4" lift - but once you start applying larger said lifts, you MUST have more backspacing, it's obvious. When the recommended backspacing for +4" lifts, especially for a wk, is 4.0" - the only viable options to achieve this is with wheel adapters.

Ross
03-02-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm going to just get my spacers and tires mounted and balanced at 4wheel parts.

DetroitMarauder
03-03-2012, 06:27 AM
I'm going to just get my spacers and tires mounted and balanced at 4wheel parts.

If it will save you a little money go to discount and do the spacers afterward yourself. I did mine and it only took about 20-30 minutes. The problem with having a shop do them is that you will still need to pull the tires off after 50 miles to check that the lugs on the spacers are still tight. That is unless the shop will do that for you too.

stites-xk
03-03-2012, 08:03 AM
i have the 1.5 wheel spacers on stock rims with the 4 in superlift and had no problems to date. I've been using them for about two years now. Discount tires has no issues with mine warranty and all. Just a FYI.

Ross
03-03-2012, 10:29 AM
I think 4wheel parts is willing to check my lug nuts.

07JeepXK
03-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I've been running my 1.25 inch spidertrax wheel spacers for 3 years now with no issues and off road all of the time. I hand torque both the spacer lugs and the wheel lugs.