PDA

View Full Version : Whos Commander is this?

Holaday07 4.7
01-26-2012, 07:04 AM
http://jeepinbyal.com/

XK with an 8 inch lift, and not on any forum?

Sal-XK
01-26-2012, 07:12 AM
It's mark he's on JC and the WK/XK FB page if your talking about the blue XK

Matt
01-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Where's he from? I remember Chris telling me the XK getting the test kit was on the west coast.

Holaday07 4.7
01-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Oh, I guess I just have not seen him on there. I didnt know there was anyone running an 8 inch lift on their XK. He didnt do the Rear Control arms either it looks like. Just figured there would be a bunch of info.

Sal-XK
01-26-2012, 07:33 AM
He's on the east coast. Im not sure what he's doing all I know is he was testing the coil overs. I think he already had the SL on stacked with a spacer lift.

Matt
01-26-2012, 07:33 AM
That picture may not be complete.... looking at Chris's WK those longer radius arms are are needed to minimize the horizontal movement of the axle at those lift heights....

I'm sure there will be more info in coming months.... especially since Chris really put his to the test wheeling recently.

Sal-XK
01-26-2012, 07:37 AM
I think he had a couple of posts in the 6" lift thread on JC

Matt
01-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Is his the 2wd one that dropped back down to 4" for a while until he got the JBA control arms?

Sal-XK
01-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Is his the 2wd one that dropped back down to 4" for a while until he got the JBA control arms?

I can't remember. If that's true added with this guy isn't well known in the XK circle then that's another bad business decision JBA and all I can say is here we go again LOL

Matt
01-26-2012, 07:55 AM
He's probably unaware of the activity on most of these forums... lol so it probably wasn't a role in his selection process.

I would've jumped on that opportunity though, like Chris.

Sal-XK
01-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Well if he hasn't learned after the last time with that knuckle head them he never will.

Matt
01-26-2012, 08:09 AM
True....

Give it some time though... he did just expand like crazy with the acquisition of 4XG. And from what I saw, that's probably a lot of work in itself depending on how his JBA business was staffed.... plus the work he's putting into the WK and XK 6" kits.... he probably doesn't have much time to browse these forums even if he wanted to.

So ill still hold out hope that JBA/4XG will eventually be active here in the near future. I think he'll need to be to really sell those kits.....

Holaday07 4.7
01-26-2012, 08:37 AM
There was one guy on JC that had the SL and spacer. He was running the 18 inch Sahara wheels on 35 inch Fierce MTs I think. His XK was 4wd and I think his Forum name was Trailer8 maybe. Anyways, I figure if there is an XK with an 8 inch running around it would be cool to get some more info.

Sal-XK
01-26-2012, 09:06 AM
I bet he is busy I can understand that I was just saying if that was a 2wd XK then oh boy LOL. I'm very interested in this lift getting completed and some solid prices being advertised. I'm guessing though it's going to be in the same price range of a SFA conversion or maybe even more. If that is the case I will just do the SFA I'm loyal to my XK not the suspension LOL

Matt
01-26-2012, 09:24 AM
I think Jon should become a superlift and KING distributor. ... then size up some KING coilovers that are adjustable for 4-6" ($1700 per the last email I got from them) that can be sold as a supplement to the SL and maybe even some rear shocks to match.... then a 2" spacer for the rear and whallaaaah, some competition (with the addition of some control arms anyways. )

Sal-XK
01-26-2012, 10:15 AM
I guess it's about what you want out of your jeep. If we approach $6k for a 6" lift then that's SFA swap prices. For me I would do the swap and loose the on road benefits of the IFS and gain the off road benefits of the SFA but that's me.

Matt
01-26-2012, 10:25 AM
I doubt anyone would realistically pay that....

I think ~5" and a solid set of 33s is the optimal setup for me. It'll probably start with the SL+JBA arms+spacers and then eventually morph into coilovers up front. .... just need to sell my Jeep liberty, pay off the XK and wait until one of my kids is done daycare... then ill get to start playing for real!

AJeepZJ
01-26-2012, 10:42 AM
^agreed - Until I do an engine swap. 4-5" of lift with 33x12.5's will probably be my max lift. 8" is by far too much lift for me. But, I can definitely see myself doing the SL this time next year.

Sal-XK
01-26-2012, 10:58 AM
I don't have a height limit. It will be what ever is nessacary to fit the tire size I decide on. I'd like to stay as low as possible. I think matt has a good number 5" lift probably be perfect.

LWM
01-26-2012, 04:54 PM
I think Jon should become a superlift and KING distributor. ... then size up some KING coilovers that are adjustable for 4-6" ($1700 per the last email I got from them) that can be sold as a supplement to the SL and maybe even some rear shocks to match.... then a 2" spacer for the rear and whallaaaah, some competition (with the addition of some control arms anyways. )

I can sell both those items! :)

Sal-XK
01-26-2012, 05:04 PM
I can sell both those items! :)

Don't jump the gun I'm still waiting on another part to become for sale LOL

Matt
01-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Don't jump the gun I'm still waiting on another part to become for sale LOL

He doesn't have to manufacture those though... just get them on his purchasing list!

I am still hoping that another lift comes along that gives us some better options.

LWM
01-26-2012, 05:35 PM
He doesn't have to manufacture those though... just get them on his purchasing list!

I am still hoping that another lift comes along that gives us some better options.

I also carry OME and some others

Matt
01-26-2012, 05:39 PM
That reminded me that I was due for my "every few month e-mail distribution" where i send ever suspension lift manufacturer an inquiry asking if they have plans for a suspension lift for our vehicles....

im doing my part! ;)