PDA

View Full Version : More suspension lift options.... coming soon?

Matt
01-27-2012, 06:25 AM
Well every once in a while I send out emails to all the suspension lift manufacturers to see if anyone is developing an XK/WK lift kit.

Got a hit back from Rough Country this morning... the guy who emailed me said he heard they're going to do one but don't expect to see anything for at least a year.

So that's good in a way. At least they're planning on making a kit. Also he forwarded some pertinent info that I gave him that may now provide us a better kit:
1) we really need 5" to adequately fit 33s on a commander
2) we want more options than just a big spacer up front like the superlift. Better struts and stiffer springs would be a nice "upgraded" kit.

So keep our fingers crossed that more companies start heading this direction!!

Sal-XK
01-27-2012, 06:29 AM
That's pretty cool! For the price of some of these lifts and the issues that don't get addressed is crap :)

Matt
01-27-2012, 06:35 AM
That's pretty cool! For the price of some of these lifts and the issues that don't get addressed is crap :)

Exactly. I've been lifting vehicles for a looong time now and for what's offered in the current superlift kit, that's "normally" an $1100-$1200 kit in the rest of the market. For the $1800-$2000 most kits come with all new springs and upgraded shocks

Matt
09-03-2012, 06:15 AM
With the recent interest in suspension lifts (i think theres 5 members here seriously considering the SL in the next 6-8 months) I sent a follow up inquiry to RC to see if/when they are going to make a lift.