PDA

View Full Version : The wife caught me drooling over rock sliders.

jantrit
02-05-2012, 10:30 PM
So the problem with two XK's....

I'm looking on www.thesteelarmadillo.com (http://www.thesteelarmadillo.com/) for my XK today and the wife comes up behind me and comments...oooh nice what about mine? Then she promptly takes control of the ipad and starts scrolling through pictures.

The only issue she has with them is that the available step only covers a portion of the slider bar and she is worried our daughter would manage to slip a foot through the slot between the bar and the slider while climbing into the jeep. This climbing into the jeep is her new favorite thing to do. I'm wondering how hard it would be to get someone local to weld a couple pieces of diamond deck over the gap. Thoughts or suggestions?

Matt
02-06-2012, 04:18 AM
I don't think it'd be difficult to weld a few more plates on there... they come as base steel so you don't have to worry about stripping paint either before welding.

Sal-XK
02-06-2012, 04:31 AM
Like matt said it's to easy to get that done and if you like the logo ones I'm sure you can order extra step plates from Jon. It might even be cheaper to have Jon weld the what you need to the sliders when you order them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LWM
02-06-2012, 05:20 AM
There is a center step option, I can look into the cost to add the two ends when the time comes if interested.