PDA

View Full Version : Need your help.

Arrie
07-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Come Commander drivers of the world unite. I need your help in this poll.
http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=61418

Adondo
07-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I read the thread. (Hey, it rhymes!)

Sounds like the typical Commander bashing there... as in a shopping mall Jeep, etc.

Seems the only time any ''real Jeep'' owner is convinced the XK isn't just a ''wet grass 4x4'' is when they see them in places like Imogene pass.

Or... when a dozen of us XK's were coming out of Yankee Boy Basin during the 2009 Camp Commander in Silverton CO. I went past a guy sitting in a CJ, and he loudly exclaimed the Lord's name as we went past. I'm guessing he was completely shocked at the parade of ''shopping mall Jeeps'' coming back down from the top.

Sal-XK
07-08-2010, 11:33 AM
dude as soon as my account is activated I will come in guns blazing LOL

Little Evil
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Im waiting for my account to be activated as well. I would like to see the XJ owner follow us sometime. Does "Don't follow me, you won't make it!" ring a bell here.

Adondo
07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
They can say what they want... but there's still 1940's era technology in the running gear under them. The XK is all 21st century. :)

Okay, I revise my 1st statement somewhat... the Wranglers have 21st century technology hacked/tacked onto 1940's running gear. (In the form of Traction control)

Nobody ever seems to question Range Rover's abilities, yet the XK was modeled closely to a RR. The only question about RR's is if their Lucas electrical system can hold up long enough to complete the trail. :)

I've made it up hills that I thought sure it wouldn't. One was a ditch bank. My buddies dared me to just see how far up it would get. How far was that? All the way up to the top and over. And the 35 degree steep bank scared the crap out of 'em too.

The XK has also made things look bad. I waited until a Chevy truck with a screaming V8 and 35'' tires got done flinging dirt in an unsuccessful attempt at a torn up steep hill. He backed down, then I drove up without even disturbing the dirt much. What's funny, is the crowd at the top that was cheering him on, stood silent and slack jawed when Mike, Sven, and I looked at them as we drove on out of the place afterward.

powerslave1966
07-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I just registered, I'll bring a couple of sets of Brass Knuckles, you know, just in case.........:mad::mad::mad::p:p:p

powerslave1966
07-08-2010, 07:13 PM
BTW, Arrie, did you happen to post this in the other forum?

07JeepXK
07-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Some people are just jellous of the Commander. Thats all.

Arrie
07-11-2010, 10:02 AM
BTW, Arrie, did you happen to post this in the other forum?

Yip I posted it. Let the XK war begin....lol

07JeepXK
07-11-2010, 01:48 PM
They ask a lot of personal information just to register.

Arrie
07-12-2010, 09:53 AM
They ask a lot of personal information just to register.

Just put anything in there....lol. It's been so long ago that I registered I cant eaven remember. But there lots of nice chaps on that forum and a lot of experts as well.

Phunkeydude
07-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Arrie, I registered and am just waiting for moderator approval. As son as I get that, I'll post a few of my favorite pics that show the XK is so beyond the mall parking lot! Having owned a XJ for 10 years and then the XK for 4yrs and now a new JK, I can truly say the XK can go everywhere the XJ and the JK can.

07JeepXK
07-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Arrie, I registered and am just waiting for moderator approval. As son as I get that, I'll post a few of my favorite pics that show the XK is so beyond the mall parking lot! Having owned a XJ for 10 years and then the XK for 4yrs and now a new JK, I can truly say the XK can go everywhere the XJ and the JK can.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.