PDA

View Full Version : weird sound in front suspension

stites-xk
02-09-2012, 08:04 PM
So when I put the super lift on my xk I took it out for a test and everytime I hit a big hole I had this weird popping sound and then the same thing happens when I flex it. If anybody has some advise that would be awesome.

Sal-XK
02-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Start with disconnecting your sway bars and see if the noise goes away. If it does your sway bar bushings are bad which is a likely cause that surfaces after lifting.

cprokopf
02-09-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm going through th esame thing since I had my upper and lower ball joints replaced. I plan on replacing my sway bar bushings and end links. I'm cocnerned sicne I recently had a ball joint fail and my passenger side wheel broke off. Tore up alot of stuff!

stites-xk
02-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hear that cprokopf and thanks for the for the input sal

Sal-XK
02-10-2012, 05:04 AM
I'm going through th esame thing since I had my upper and lower ball joints replaced. I plan on replacing my sway bar bushings and end links. I'm cocnerned sicne I recently had a ball joint fail and my passenger side wheel broke off. Tore up alot of stuff!

Sorry to hear that but you must of had warning sings of part failure for some time. A loud knock or pop is a warning sign that something is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sal-XK
02-10-2012, 05:06 AM
Sorry to hear that cprokopf and thanks for the for the input sal

No problem man it takes minuets to disconnect the sway bar links it's just to easy to check if that's the cause. Just let us know if you still have the pop disconnected and we can help you narrow it down from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stites-xk
02-10-2012, 05:40 AM
Awesome I will be doing that tonight because I have a snow wheeling run tomorrow after I replace my rear wheel sensor