PDA

View Full Version : super chips flashpaq

EvilJager
02-17-2012, 03:49 PM
I got bored today and fooled around with my superchips flashpaq today. I was low on gas so i decided to do a stock vs 91 tune run.

Dont laugh at my slow times.
Fully skidded + rear bumper
33" tires

Stock tune- 17.23 @ 81 mph
91 tune- 16.88 @ 81mph

I think i can get it a little better when i launched it hard on the 91 tune it wouldnt read it so i had to take it a little easier. Ill try again after i do more mods. All and all to shave almost 1/2 for $300 isnt that bad to me :)

Sal-XK
02-17-2012, 04:03 PM
No that's cheap in the racing world man. I'm patiently waiting for mine to show up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt
02-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Run it again after a few hundred miles. After you tune the computer a lot of settings go into "learn" mode.

EvilJager
02-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Sal i hope you like it. Im pleased with mine.
Matt, learn mode? Like the computer corrects the tune?

Matt
02-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Matt, learn mode? Like the computer corrects the tune?

Sort of. A simplistic way to look at is is a tune gives the computer "target" parameters. It then adjust/refines those targets to adjust for variances in engines/actual fuel octanes/temps/etc.

Adondo
02-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Yup, let it learn for a bit, (maybe 50~100 miles) then run the test again.

It's also handy for resetting your speedo for those 33" tires. (If you haven't already)

EvilJager
02-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Yea ive done that. Ive actually had it atleast a year -2 years now.

Does anyone know if i can adjust the electric fan to make it turn on at lower temps?

Matt
02-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Does anyone know if i can adjust the electric fan to make it turn on at lower temps?

Pretty sure you can... did you try "advanced features" (or something like that..)

EvilJager
02-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Yea i looked around in there and couldnt find anything

Sal-XK
02-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Yea i looked around in there and couldnt find anything

I'm pretty sure I've read that someone did that. I would ask SC if you can't find it or Check there forums. I'm looking forward to getting mine and digging I that thing hopefully not breaking anything. :)

Matt
02-17-2012, 05:30 PM
i could swear i saw it when i was tuning...

PM superchips, they are a vendor here :)

EvilJager
02-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Good idea

AJeepZJ
02-21-2012, 04:49 AM
Superchip and Hypertech recommend a minimum of 91 Octane, but apparently 93 s what yields the best results. Try 93.

EvilJager
02-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Okay heres my update guys. You told me to put 50-100 miles on and do another run and it would be slower b.c. the ecu will learn or somwthing..... i waited until i needed to fill up and decides to do it. I also addes the power wire. They say it dynos in at 8-10 whp gain. I did my 1/4 run and it was. 05 faster rofl... so either the power wire works and made up for the ecu learning or the power wire didnt work and the ecu didnt learn/adapt to my tune.

Matt
02-22-2012, 08:48 AM
What's the power wire?

Sal-XK
02-22-2012, 09:05 AM
What's the power wire?

It's a plug that trick the computer into thinking the intake air is colder then it really is. I don't remember by how much though.

EvilJager
02-22-2012, 09:20 AM
It will make the intake air temp read 20° lower

07JeepXK
02-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Okay heres my update guys. You told me to put 50-100 miles on and do another run and it would be slower b.c. the ecu will learn or somwthing..... i waited until i needed to fill up and decides to do it. I also addes the power wire. They say it dynos in at 8-10 whp gain. I did my 1/4 run and it was. 05 faster rofl... so either the power wire works and made up for the ecu learning or the power wire didnt work and the ecu didnt learn/adapt to my tune.

Im confused. Once the ecu learns the new tune the vehicle should run faster...not slower

Also if your power wire didnt work and the ecu hasnt learned the tune then how would your 1/4 time be faster?

Matt
02-26-2012, 06:49 AM
Also if your power wire didnt work and the ecu hasnt learned the tune then how would your 1/4 time be faster?

FWIW- .05 isn't really "faster". You'll see bigger differences than that in successive runs at a track just an hour apart, let alone days apart. lol it could have actually been a "slower run" with more optimal conditions (that would have resulted in a faster original run)... like lower temp & humidity or changes in atmospheric pressure. ;)

EvilJager
02-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Dude that was way faster! I could feel it haha.. yea i know anything is a variable when it comes to 1/4 times. I just figured id share my info with ya guys. Either way i have seen improvements with the power wire tho. Going up hills before the power wire it would drop gears & with it on now it doesnt and powers thru.

EvilJager
02-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Im confused. Once the ecu learns the new tune the vehicle should run faster...not slower

Ive herd from a few people on here that your ecu will figure out you've changed the tune and go back and correct it. Which wojld make ot slow again.

.05 in a 1/4 mile is nothing. It could have been something like hitting one less bump in the road

Matt
02-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Ive herd from a few people on here that your ecu will figure out you've changed the tune and go back and correct it. Which wojld make ot slow again.

If you're talking about me.... that's not what i meant. Your ECU won't undo the tune. Every time you re-tune your ECU goes into "learn" mode (just like disconnecting your battery) and takes a few hundred miles to optimize. The difference is you've set it to target different parameters with the handheld. So it'll still "target" those new parameters, but takes some time to get there. IE with a stock tune, when you disconnect the battery the ECU will take some time to refine itself, but it targets the "stock" tune parameters.

Sal-XK
02-26-2012, 03:53 PM

.05 in a 1/4 mile is nothing. It could have been something like hitting one less bump in the road

Matt beat me to it but he said it a lot more intelligently then I did LOL

EvilJager
02-26-2012, 05:13 PM
My bad. I misunderstood you :(

scottso699
01-10-2013, 02:21 PM
It will make the intake air temp read 20° lower

It's a plug that trick the computer into thinking the intake air is colder then it really is. I don't remember by how much though.

Hi Guys - I know this is an old thread but I wanted to get more info on this "Power Wire" - I've heard of some guys making their own for a couple of bucks - where did you buy yours and was it worth the money? Did it really work?

Thanks,

Scott

Lt_JWS
01-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Hi Guys - I know this is an old thread but I wanted to get more info on this "Power Wire" - I've heard of some guys making their own for a couple of bucks - where did you buy yours and was it worth the money? Did it really work?

Thanks,

Scott
Here's a vid to show you how to make your own....
http://youtu.be/qUjAI9ZGXkY

scottso699
01-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Here's a vid to show you how to make your own....
http://youtu.be/qUjAI9ZGXkY

Very cool - does anyone have any experience with this mod? Looks easy enough to do but I was just wondering if it really makes difference. I have a super chips tuner so I wasn't sure if it would make any more of an improvement.