PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's® Announces Plans for Columbus, Ohio, Store

cico7
02-18-2012, 08:31 PM
SIDNEY, Neb. (Feb. 16, 2012) -- -- Cabela's Incorporated, the World's Foremost Outfitter® of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, announced today plans to open a store in Columbus, Ohio, bringing Cabela's extraordinary retail experience to customers in Columbus and the surrounding area.

Cabela's expects to open the store in spring 2013. The 80,000-square-foot store will be located in the Polaris Centers development at Gemini Parkway and Interstate 71. It will be Cabela's first store in Ohio.

The store is expected to employ up to 175 full- and part-time employees, and most will come from Columbus and the surrounding area. Cabela's typically attracts as staffers experienced outdoor recreationalists, who join the Cabela's family of employees known for their passion for and knowledge of the outdoors as well as excellent customer service skills.

"We have so many great customers in the Buckeye State who share our passion for the outdoors, who live the Cabela's lifestyle, we wanted to build this store to better serve them," said Cabela's Chief Executive Officer Tommy Millner. "Generations of Ohioans have been loyal Cabela's customers and now, with this store, they will be able to really share in the Cabela's shopping experience."

The building's exterior will reflect Cabela's popular store model with log construction, stonework, wood siding and metal roofing. A large glass storefront will allow customers to view much of the store's interior as they approach the building. The inside will feature the company's next-generation layout, designed to surround customers in an outdoor experience, including conservation-themed wildlife displays and trophy animal mounts displayed on a mountain. Additionally, the store will feature a 5,575-gallon aquarium. The store will also feature a Gun Library, Bargain Cave and Fudge Shop. Construction is expected to start in spring 2012.

Cabela's has announced plans to build stores in Wichita, Kan.; Tulalip, Wash.; Charleston, W.Va.; Rogers, Ark.; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada; and Union Gap, Wash., all expected to open in 2012. Cabela's also plans to open stores in Grandville, Mich., and Louisville, Ky., in 2013.

Cabela's stores showcase thousands of products, including hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating and wildlife-watching gear, as well as clothing and outdoor-themed gifts and furnishings. The company is famous for its strong brand and world-renowned reputation for delivering quality merchandise, value and legendary customer service.

The Polaris Centers development also includes Costco, Cambria Suites, Toys R Us, Babies R Us, Hobby Lobby as well as the Polaris Business Park, and is conveniently located near numerous hotels, restaurants and other national retailers, including Polaris Fashion Place.

Sal-XK
02-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Lucky!

cico7
02-18-2012, 08:39 PM
We have a mini Gander Mountain, no Bass Pro or anything close.....

Lucky!

Sal-XK
02-18-2012, 09:01 PM
I wish I had a bass pro. I have a gander mountain there ok I guess

criket
02-19-2012, 07:18 AM
There a Bass Pro in Charlotte, NC. It's pretty good.

The only Cabela's that I've been too is the one in or near Harrisburg, PA (I think it's Harrisburg). Anyway, it was the bee's knees man. I was blown away.

Sal-XK
02-19-2012, 07:26 AM
There a Bass Pro in Charlotte, NC. It's pretty good.

The only Cabela's that I've been too is the one in or near Harrisburg, PA (I think it's Harrisburg). Anyway, it was the bee's knees man. I was blown away.

The closest bass pro to me is in Myrtle beach. I'm not sure why only gander mountain built a store here. You would figure with all the people we have and the type we are it would be a no brainier

LWM
02-19-2012, 08:07 AM
We have both, Bass Pro and Cabela's and fortunately Cabelas is within ten minutes of my house :)

NeilSmith
02-19-2012, 02:07 PM
We drive an hour to Richmond for Bass Pro and Gander Mountain. Cico, I actually ran into Cajun at Bass Pro one Christmas. We dont have a cAbellas. What we do have also in Richmond is REI which has some better camping gear.

criket
02-19-2012, 03:52 PM
We drive an hour to Richmond for Bass Pro and Gander Mountain. Cico, I actually ran into Cajun at Bass Pro one Christmas. We dont have a cAbellas. What we do have also in Richmond is REI which has some better camping gear.

REI is the tits when it comes to camping and canoeing/kayaking. THey have pretty good biking stuff don't they?

NeilSmith
02-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Ive never really looked at biking stuff there.

The_War_Wagon
02-20-2012, 08:11 AM
I wish they'd open one in Pittsburgh, but then, the one in Wheeling, WV would probably dry up!