PDA

View Full Version : Flash Pack questions

Sal-XK
02-21-2012, 04:20 PM
I have it all updated to include the data pack.

1. Why won't it display my trans temp?

2. Why does it display some temperatures in celsius?

3. Where can I download a more comprehensive manual that covers all the options and what they mean?

any is free to answer any of these questions if you know the answer. I'm bummed about the trans temp right now I was looking forward to having that while off road and towing hope its just a glitch in the software or in my head LOL

hoaxci5
02-21-2012, 04:47 PM
1. I couldn't get trans temp to display either so I'm interested if anyone has a solution.
2. I think it just depends one which item you pick from the menu, I had one that was C and the same reading in F so I just disabled the C one, but they were the same sensor.
3. No clue.

Sal-XK
02-21-2012, 04:51 PM
I'll check the other sensor bank and see if it displays in F. I have the pack mounted so I want to monitor certain systems during stressful times LOL

hoaxci5
02-21-2012, 04:56 PM
I haven't read through it all yet, but it sounds like it wasn't or isn't enabled yet for transmission monitoring.. which sucks since I'm going to be pulling a toy hauler around the country in just a few days..

Sal-XK
02-21-2012, 05:07 PM
I haven't read through it all yet, but it sounds like it wasn't or isn't enabled yet for transmission monitoring.. which sucks since I'm going to be pulling a toy hauler around the country in just a few days..

well if that's the case the trans upgrade is only $40 bucks. I just don't want to purchase it if it won't solve the problem.

hoaxci5
02-21-2012, 05:10 PM
The upgrade is for changing shift points, I think we might just have to update the device, and if it still doesn't work contact superchips and request that they turn that "feature" on. I think it's a limitiation of how many items that device can read, so you lose one of the sensors to be replaced with the trans temp. I'm working hard on mine now, it just took major priority so I'll be contact superchips trying at least to get that answer.

Sal-XK
02-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Mine is completely up to date I down loaded all the new software yesterday and added the two free options as well. Keep me informed I really want to monitor my trans temp for crawling around mountains in 100* temperatures. So far I love this thing just being able to monitor 4 sensors at once is pretty cool :)

hoaxci5
02-21-2012, 05:19 PM
I just updated mine also and verified it still didn't work. I just sent them an email, I imagine since they are east coast I won't hear anything until tomorrow though, I'll update when I know more.

Sal-XK
02-21-2012, 05:32 PM
I just updated mine also and verified it still didn't work. I just sent them an email, I imagine since they are east coast I won't hear anything until tomorrow though, I'll update when I know more.

Ok cool maybe scott will make in the thread in the morning and point us in the right direction to. $40 dollar upgrade to monitor the trans temp would be fine with me still cheaper and easier then installing a new gauge you know.

superacerc
02-21-2012, 08:04 PM
I thought mine did the initial update yesterday but apparently it didn't. I can't get this thing to update at all. It's useless right now and pissin me off. What happens when it updates properly? Mine update program just says error 5 on uploading the EEprom file whenever I connect it. Occasionally it will say that it connected but to check back later for updates.

Sal-XK
02-21-2012, 08:07 PM
I thought mine did the initial update yesterday but apparently it didn't. I can't get this thing to update at all. It's useless right now and pissin me off. What happens when it updates properly? Mine update program just says error 5 on uploading the EEprom file whenever I connect it. Occasionally it will say that it connected but to check back later for updates.

Mine just said currently up to date. I would search that code on there forum and see what it is. I'm sure Scott will be in here tomorrow hopefully.

Sal-XK
02-21-2012, 08:15 PM
From what I can find its a connection error with the firewall or web browser

superacerc
02-21-2012, 09:19 PM
I've tried it with the firewall off and on 3 different connections from three seperate sources. I'd like to set it on fire and drive over it about now.

And to make matters worse i've written tech support 3 seperate times and have never received a reply or confirmation.

pjmjr508
02-21-2012, 09:32 PM
I had some issues when I tried to update it before, sent scott a pm & it got taken care of for me.

Scott@Superchips
02-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Sorry for taking so long to get to this thread.

The PIDs read by our Advanced Data Acquisition software are coming directly from the PCM and TCM. So if the trans temp data is not provided through either of those computers then we are unable to offer a viewable option for that info.

That being said, if you are seeing an option for that feature and nothing is just coming up I would suggest that you give customer service a call at 888-227-2447 to verify that the feature is functioning correctly.

Scott

Sal-XK
02-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Sorry for taking so long to get to this thread.

The PIDs read by our Advanced Data Acquisition software are coming directly from the PCM and TCM. So if the trans temp data is not provided through either of those computers then we are unable to offer a viewable option for that info.

That being said, if you are seeing an option for that feature and nothing is just coming up I would suggest that you give customer service a call at 888-227-2447 to verify that the feature is functioning correctly.

Scott

We see the option and the display pops up but no data shows up.

Sal-XK
02-22-2012, 09:01 AM

I only found one spot that list the trans option so hopefully you find something out today.

Scott@Superchips
02-22-2012, 09:16 AM
I am aware of some vehicles that actually show the data but there are several that do not. Customer service can verify your files and better determine if the function is having issues or not.

Scott

I only found one spot that list the trans option so hopefully you find something out today.

hoaxci5
02-22-2012, 09:18 AM
I sent an email yesterday, should I just call instead? Or just wait it out?

Scott@Superchips
02-22-2012, 09:24 AM
I would place a call in if you have the time. I have been told that on occasion some emails are caught by our spam filters and never make it to customer service.

Scott

I sent an email yesterday, should I just call instead? Or just wait it out?

hoaxci5
02-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Ok just got off the phone with Jason @ Superchips, he says there is a TSB that has to be taken care of to turn on/fix the sensor on the Jeep itself, and then the flashpaq has to be updated manually.

So off to google to find out what that TSB is because he didn't have the number, and then a dealership..

hoaxci5
02-22-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm a little confused by this answer, Sal you have an 06 4.7 right? I can't find any TSB's the sound right for my 07 5.7, and it seems not many of the TSB's are crossing over motors and years.. I searched for drivetrain, transmission, and electrical TSBs..
http://www.xkjeeps.com/xk_tsb.htm

Sal-XK
02-22-2012, 10:14 AM
I have the 2007 4.7L Flex. I don't recall reading any TSB's for that. I have the link at home for all the TSB's got it off of JC I think it was if ya feel like searching. I don't like that answer either because that's a $50 charge at least to have the computer flashed. I can call the service person at my dealer ship I guess but we all know how that will go LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott@Superchips
02-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Interesting, let me see what I can drum up.

Scott

hoaxci5
02-22-2012, 10:30 AM
In case it matters I've got a 2007 with a Hemi. The JK's apparently just needed it manually added to their programmer software. Which on the superchips forum guys were just posting their year and model along with the serial number of their flashpaq and it was getting pushed to their account and they just updated and were ready to go.. If that is all that needs to happen, my serial number is 1515468

Sal-XK
02-26-2012, 09:41 AM
anyone have an update at all?

hoaxci5
03-08-2012, 09:33 AM
I got a reply from my tech support request yesterday (Ron) he told me to update my flashpaq and it would work. There are two spots now with trans temp in the menu's, only one of them works. That isn't a complaint thats just so if someone else gets it updated they don't freak out thinking it didn't work. I don't remember which menu the working on is in, but it definatly displays and it's in degrees F. I was towing my trailer yesterday from CA to AZ and low temps were 179ish and I saw as high as 250 which I pulled over and let it cool for..

Sal-XK
03-08-2012, 09:47 AM
I'll try to update again I guess I plugged it in last week and it said it was up to date so who knows. I'll dig threw the menu again and see if I can find it.

hoaxci5
03-08-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure if they had to do custom programming to my account. When I contacted tech support I gave them my serial number and all that, so if an update doesn't work an email to tech support might. They just weren't super speedy at getting back to me, and the when I called I got a different answer..