PDA

View Full Version : July - Ultimate Commander VOTE & RESULTS

LWM
07-14-2010, 10:30 AM
For for the July 2010 Ultimate Commander, polls will be open until the end of the month.

The winner of this months contest will win a Superchips Tee-shirt, Ball Cap, Cozy & Sticker courtesy of SuperChips!

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/07/DSCI00021-2.jpg

#1 HueyPilotVN

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/07/003c1-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/06/1212-1.jpg

#2 Sal - XK

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/07/XKFlag-2.jpg

#3 Redrockv8

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Sal-XK
07-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Well I can't vote for my self so I voted for hueypilotVN. I like the stars and the lettering he has making it a military theme. With that I hope everyone else votes for me :D:D:D:D:D:cool:

HueyPilotVN
07-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Well I will vote for you because your flag is certainly bigger than mine. I vote for Sal.

I also like the picture from Redrocks.

I mostly entered this contest to help get it started and encourage other to enter.

Arrie
07-16-2010, 11:49 AM
How do I enter?
Here is some pic's of mine.

NeilSmith
07-16-2010, 12:43 PM
How do I enter?
Here is some pic's of mine.

There is a different theme per month. This month, being July with Independence Day, is a patriotic theme. So you will need pics of the Jeep with some patriotic theme. Now with that said, I know you live overseas, but I don't recall where you are originally from. So the question is, what constitutes patriotism for someone who is not from USA ? I'm not sure that was in Jon's thought process when he came up with the contest.

Kansas1230
07-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Had to cast my vote for HueypilotVN. His Commander is the most modified (though not over done) of the three and represents the "Ultimate" aspect of the contest. Included in those mods are his door-stars, which add a personalized bit of Americana. But mostly I cast my vote his way because I'm sure I saw* a red, white, and blue kite within the items of his storage box "survival kit." Voted for best way to fly the colors high.

(*In a different set of photos)

Really liked RedRockV8's photography too.

HueyPilotVN
07-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey, I forgot all about that kite. I still have that and another kite in my storage box. Thanks Kansas

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/06/0041-2.jpg

07JeepXK
07-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Just voted.

Good luck SAL! You got my vote.

HueyPilotVN
07-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Congratulations Sal, You look like the winner.

Sal-XK
07-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Congratulations Sal, You look like the winner.
9 days left

07JeepXK
07-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Its pretty close as of right now.

LWM
07-21-2010, 10:08 PM
It aint over till it's over :)

Sal-XK
07-22-2010, 05:06 AM
It aint over till it's over :)
Bugger :rolleyes:

07JeepXK
07-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Is it possible to have a tie? Its dead even now!

HueyPilotVN
07-24-2010, 09:11 AM
I think that a tie goes to the Infantry.

07JeepXK
07-25-2010, 06:54 PM
There are a lot of members on the forum that still havent voted. Please take the time to vote!

LWM
07-31-2010, 07:53 AM
Congratulations HueyPilotVn for winning the first "Ultimate Commander" of the month contest.

Please PM me a mailing address and I will send you your prize.

HueyPilotVN
07-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Mr. Administrator, my fellow members of this great Forum:

With a deep awareness of the responsibility conferred by your trust, I accept the honor of this award. I do so with deep gratitude, and I think also I might interject on behalf of all of us, our thanks to The Internet and the people of xk-forum for the warm hospitality they have shown.

I am very proud of our forum today. This community has shown to all of the Internet a user group united, with positive threads for solving member's problems; a forum ready to build a new consensus with all those across the world who share a community of values embodied in these words: family, work, neighborhood, peace, freedom and the Go Anywhere attitude.

I know we have had a quarrel or two, but only as to the method of attaining a goal. There was no argument about the goal. I will accept this award from the forum members to encourage them to eliminate, where it exists, discrimination against other members.

More than anything else, I want my award to unify our forum; to renew the Jeep Commander spirit and sense of purpose. I want to carry our message to every forum member, regardless of social group affiliation, who is a member of this community of shared values.

Three hundred and eighty eight years ago, in 1620, a group of families dared to cross a mighty ocean to build a future for themselves in a new world. When they arrived at Plymouth, Massachusetts, they formed what they called a "compact"; an agreement among themselves to build a community and abide by its laws. The single act--the voluntary binding together of free people to live under the law--set the pattern for what was to come.

A century and a half later, the descendants of those people pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor to found this nation. Some forfeited their fortunes and their lives; none sacrificed honor.

Four score and seven years later, Abraham Lincoln called upon the people of all America to renew their dedication and their commitment to a government of, for and by the people.

In 1969 the first messages passed were between UCLA and the Stanford Research Institute on what was originally called ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency NETwork).

Isn't it once again time to renew our compact of freedom; to pledge to each other all that is best in our lives; all that gives meaning to them--for the sake of this, our beloved and blessed Forum?

Together, let us make this a new beginning. Let us make a commitment to care for the needy members; to teach our newbies the values and the virtues handed down to us by our administrators; to have the courage to defend those values and the willingness to sacrifice for them.

Let us pledge to restore, in our time, the forum spirit of voluntary service, of cooperation, of private and community initiative; a spirit that flows like a deep and mighty river through the history of our forum community!

cico7
07-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Nice speech Mr Noonan!

07JeepXK
07-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Congrats!!!

Sal-XK
07-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!

AKFossil
08-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Man... August's winner has one heck of a speech to top. :p

Congratz :cool:

HueyPilotVN
08-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Man... August's winner has one heck of a speech to top. :p

Congratz :cool:

Not really, I copied and edited it from Phunkeydudes speech on the other Forum and he copied it from Ronald Reagan's inagural speech.

GPintheMitten
08-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Well, there you go again.

If you're going to steal a speech, it might as well be a good one.

cico7
08-02-2010, 04:12 AM
My Noonan reference, Regan's speech writer........