PDA

View Full Version : Hemi MDS Indicator

jantrit
02-28-2012, 04:12 PM
After reading on a couple places about adding an MDS indicator for the Hemi XK I decided to go for it. To keep the look stock I put the LEDs into the vent on the Drivers outside top vent. There was a thread (http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10433&page=5) on "The other forum" that listed which wire to tap in the engine bay and I ran it through the firewall on the passenger side then across the dash that was out for my radio upgrade and wired up the LEDs. Here is the final product during light testing (I.E. straight to the battery)

I put a switch in the little glove box that breaks the ground connection so that I can turn it off should it become annoying at night and closing the vents isn't enough.

For those really interested here is a close up of the 2 LEDs in the vent itself:

Matt
02-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Nice work!

You should link the thread from the other forum. We're pretty chill with that stuff here. If it's information that'll help the group, post it up (regardless which "forum" its on)!

wookie
03-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Jantrit, do you get the "ECO" indicator on your EVIC when the MDS kicks on? When my EVIC shows compass I get an "ECO" and when I'm in the mileage it shows "Fuel Saver" Just curious, thanks.

jantrit
03-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Jantrit, do you get the "ECO" indicator on your EVIC when the MDS kicks on? When my EVIC shows compass I get an "ECO" and when I'm in the mileage it shows "Fuel Saver" Just curious, thanks.

No I don't and thus the need for the mod. I think that came out in later models.

Matt
03-02-2012, 04:27 AM
I don't have an indicator either.