PDA

View Full Version : **Goodyear Tire RECALL**

Matt
03-01-2012, 06:38 AM
As a lot of you are probably aware from the news, there's a recall for Goodyear Silent Armor tires.

I noticed that the sizes are VERY popular for our vehicles. So check yours!

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/results.cfm?rcl_id=12T003&searchtype=quicksearch&summary=true&refurl=email

Also, I got info from a friend today who works at a shop and is being told this recall is going to expand beyond just the Silent Armors. Since the Duratracs and MT/Rs are very popular tires here as well, I'll keep you guys in the loop if I hear anything.

And if anyone else has info, post it up.

AJeepZJ
03-01-2012, 06:59 AM
As a lot of you are probably aware from the news, there's a recall for Goodyear Silent Armor tires.

I noticed that the sizes are VERY popular for our vehicles. So check yours!

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/results.cfm?rcl_id=12T003&searchtype=quicksearch&summary=true&refurl=email

Also, I got info from a friend today who works at a shop and is being told this recall is going to expand beyond just the Silent Armors. Since the Duratracs and MT/Rs are very popular tires here as well, I'll keep you guys in the loop if I hear anything.

And if anyone else has info, post it up.

man.. even my old silent armor's aren't on that list. I'm secretly hoping this will include 285 duratrac's so I can start over at 100% tread, lol.

Matt
03-01-2012, 07:06 AM
lol I'm secretly hoping it'll include my 245 duratracs so I can go up to 265s. All this talk from a few of the XK guys squeezing 285s on their 2-3" lifts is going to make me jealous if they succeed!

We all know how recalls go though... They start small and eventually expand once the company makes a decision of cost vs risk.

NeilSmith
03-01-2012, 08:54 AM
my duratracs are two years old, doubt i will get a new set for free. :(

Sal-XK
03-01-2012, 09:57 AM
my duratracs are two years old, doubt i will get a new set for free. :(

I doubt anyone will receive new tires for old ones. They'll probably have a tread cutoff depth and just pro rate you compensation based on life left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Matt
03-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I doubt anyone will receive new tires for old ones. They'll probably have a tread cutoff depth and just pro rate you compensation based on life left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Exactly.

But again... its just Silent Armors as of now.

GPintheMitten
03-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the post. The recall doesn't include my size (255/75/17).

P.S. They've been a good all around tire, but especially in the snow.