PDA

View Full Version : Tire help

Ross
03-02-2012, 11:34 PM
I have been needing new tires for a while now and wanted to upgrade to a more aggressive tread pattern. I was looking at the good year wrangler duratracs, but I am kind of short on money at the moment so I'm considering going with the guard dog m/t retreads from Treadwright since they are $100 a piece and have a ton of great reviews. With proper trimming in the wheel wells, will I be ableto fit a 265/70r17 size of this tire tire?
Thanks, Ross

Edit: Daystar 2" lift with 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers. I am also considering getting 9/16 front leveling strut for a bit of extra clearance up front.

Matt
03-03-2012, 06:15 AM
What lift & wheels? (I can't see sigs because I'm on my phone)

Ross
03-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Well it seems that 4wheel parts will not install retreads, so now I must find a place to install them with my spacers...any suggestions?

Sal-XK
03-03-2012, 11:12 AM
That's the biggest issue I think retreads and spacers is a double whammy. Find a non chain tire store I guess. Or a off road shop. 4wheel parts is more a chain bolt stuff on type shop I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross
03-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I guess I'm probably going to have to go with a new set of tires. I was looking at the duratracs but they are all on back order. Doeas any one have any tire suggestions?

criket
03-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I would look at craigslist in your area. Since you say you are short on money, you can probably find a good used set in whatever size you want. If you do buy some off of CL, have a trusted mechanic look at them before putting them on.

Gotterdid
03-03-2012, 06:41 PM
My treadwright guardogs have been awesome so far. I paid a shop 60 bucks to mount them. It was a used tire shop and there was a bit of a language barrier but they had good equipment and did a good job.

BonesWK
03-05-2012, 07:26 AM
My treadwright guardogs have been awesome so far. I paid a shop 60 bucks to mount them. It was a used tire shop and there was a bit of a language barrier but they had good equipment and did a good job.

LOL