PDA

View Full Version : WK With Bilge Pump

BonesWK
03-05-2012, 07:53 AM
With his super snorkel, comes the need for a bilge pump.

Hate him or love him, he is adding things to the WK that I would never think of doing. To each his own.

Discuss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbNtGXQh1Mc&feature=g-u&context=G2f6df8dFUAAAAAAAZAA

Matt
03-05-2012, 08:09 AM
This guy has a bad rep for his personality, not because of the things he does to his Jeep.

Makes for some interesting YouTube videos though!

hoaxci5
03-05-2012, 08:27 AM
he needs to invest in some pontoons, or something he's always sinking that thing and getting it stuck in water.

Matt
03-05-2012, 08:45 AM
In his original snorkel video he mentions plans for pontoons on each side...

Adondo
03-05-2012, 10:25 AM
This dude needs to lose the carpeting and leather seats, and replace them with rubber mats and plastic Jeep racing seats. (OMG, that video actually made me use the word "dude" :D )

I used to do that stuff with the old Land Cruiser, but it was bare bones inside. It's painful to see muddy water sitting on that leather seat.

He has the only luxury Jeep I've seen that needs life jackets under the seats, and life rings hanging on the sides. Maybe he needs to add a red/green navigation light as a hood ornament.

BonesWK
03-05-2012, 10:51 AM
He has the only luxury Jeep I've seen that needs life jackets under the seats, and life rings hanging on the sides. Maybe he needs to add a red/green navigation light as a hood ornament.

Made me LOL. haha great stuff

Budasac
03-06-2012, 04:48 AM
The bilge pump is stupid. There's no way it can pump out the water faster then it's coming in. Just drill two holes in the floor and let it drain out when you exit the water. Always worked fine for my TJ. And as someone already stated, he needs to pull he carpet and bedline the floor or something. That rig must smell like **** inside after being swamped so many times with all the carpets and seats in there.

AUSTINTX-XK
03-06-2012, 07:14 AM
i guess his wife won't let him buy a boat....

CmmdrDan
03-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Is that suppose to be fun getting stuck all the time.

Sal-XK
03-06-2012, 10:02 AM
I wonder what kind of pump he is using. The pump on my last boat would throw 20x that amount of water. I bet he used something for a garden water feature or fish tank LOL

pjmjr508
03-06-2012, 10:13 AM
If I remember right he said it was a 500 gph pump, the exit stream does not look like that.

I do have to say it is a jeep & he is driving it as a wrangler driver would; that being said normally the wrangler is stripped bare & is only a trail rig. I feel bad for the WK.

I don't know the guy personally so can not speak to him as a person, but I would not do this to a WK.

Does this make sense?

Budasac
03-06-2012, 01:02 PM
If I remember right he said it was a 500 gph pump, the exit stream does not look like that.

Actually I believe he said he has two pumps. But it doesn't matter how big the pumps are when you have them pushing through 3/8" tubing. Kind of like the engine trying to suck air through 35' of PVC. I don't know where all his money comes from, but it's certainly not engineering.

I used to sail alot. Most boats I ran (27'-42') had a 3/4" - 1" pipe for the bilge pump and would blow water out the back of the boat like a hose on full blast. Even still, if you were to breach the hull the pump wouldn't keep up with the water coming in. It would simply give you more time to repair the hole (or make preps to bail) and then clear the bilge after the leak is fixed. Since the WK is no where near water tight the water level in the truck will rise to level outside relatively quickly. Since there is no way those pumps are going to keep up they are useless. All it's good for is pumping out the footwells after the rig has been dragged out of the water. And like I said, a couple strategically placed holes in the floor and gravity will do the rest.

Wasn't this cat supposed to be moving to Bangkok or the Philippines or something.