PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Road Upper Control Arms

Matt
03-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Anyone tried these yet? At $340 you can get these AND the adjustable rear trackbar for a few bucks less than Al's...

http://www.rocky-road.com/wk-grand-cherokee-control-arm.html

Budasac
03-06-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm curious about these as well.

BonesWK
03-07-2012, 06:37 AM
They look good.

I stand by my RRO lift, their quality is awesome. I have 40k on this lift with no issues at all. Also intrigued to see them in action.

stites-xk
03-07-2012, 07:08 AM
me too i still haven't pulled the trigger on the JBA upper control arms so maybe i will try this instead.

07JeepXK
03-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Hmmm...These look pretty much identical to the JBA UCA's. I might have to make a phone call to RRO later and find out more info as I was close to pulling the trigger on the JBA's.

As for the adjustable rear track bar, I'd recommend Rusty's over the RRO. Rusty's is beefier and totally adjustable from 1-6 inches of lift. It also had a grease zerk on the adjustable end and that end is more Heavy Duty.

Matt
03-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the track bar.... ill give that a look.

Let us know if you get the RRO arms. Not sure how much longer mine are going to last....

07JeepXK
03-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the track bar.... ill give that a look.

Let us know if you get the RRO arms. Not sure how much longer mine are going to last....

I should be ordering next week. Now I just need to decide if I want the JBA or RRO UCA's. My biggest concern is getting my front end alignment back into spec so I stop cupping tires due to the lift. The Rusty's track bar was $140 shipped to my door. It costs a little more then the RRO but so worth it if you ask me.

DetroitMarauder
03-07-2012, 10:52 AM
You have a link to the Rusty's track bar?

07JeepXK
03-07-2012, 11:13 AM
You have a link to the Rusty's track bar?

No, its not listed on their website. You have to call them directly.

Omelet
03-08-2012, 10:04 PM
The PN for the Rusty's bar is RC-TB732-WK. I would also recommend it! I have been rocking it a year now with zero issues. It is a burly boy! There are quite a few guys with it now. The only guy I know of that had the RRO bar was Carlos with his hybrid lift and he said he had to modify it to work.

DetroitMarauder
03-09-2012, 08:45 AM
So the WK track bar works on the XK? I'll have to order it next weekend then. My buddy is a mechanic and it bothers him to no end that its off like it is.

Matt
03-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Yeah they're the same exact part. :)

07JeepXK
03-09-2012, 09:17 AM
So the WK track bar works on the XK? I'll have to order it next weekend then. My buddy is a mechanic and it bothers him to no end that its off like it is.

Yes. I have the Rusty's track bar installed on my XK as we speak.

Sal-XK
03-09-2012, 11:33 AM
I need to get off my butt and order this myself before I purchase new tires.

pjmjr508
03-09-2012, 03:06 PM
I need to get that as well, should have it on before MOAB

07JeepXK
03-13-2012, 02:10 PM
I have decided to give these control arms a try. They are a lot cheaper then the JBA UCA's and not only that have a lifetime warranty.

Matt
03-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Great!!! I was hoping you would choose these arms so i wouldn't be the guinea pig :)

Sal-XK
03-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Awesome can't wait to hear back on these

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pjmjr508
03-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Awesome can't wait to hear back on these

x2

BonesWK
03-14-2012, 05:20 AM
x2

x3

07JeepXK
04-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Rocky Road has by far the worst customer service that I have EVER delt with. I canceled my order that I placed last week and just ordered the JBA HD UCA's with overnight shipping. I called Rocky Road today because I never received any kind of email confirmation that my order had been received/processed or shipped. Keep in mind I placed the order last week Thursday. The first guy I spoke with today looked up my info and wasnt sure why I didnt get any email conformation. He even confirmed my emaill address that was on file. He checked on the status and said that the order hasnt been processed to ship and most likely wont ship for another 2-3 more days because they have been behind lately. I asked if they were open on Friday last week and he said they were and that they were just closed Saturday and Sunday. Not only that but he said once shipped it would take 6-8 days for me to receive them because im in NY and they are in UT and that I mostlikely would get them until next week. It didnt say that online when I chose the shipping method. It clearly said 3-5 days or else I would have chose to have them shipped faster. I got off the phone with him because I was a little upset and decided to call back 20 minutes later to see if there was any way I could change the shipping to overnight so Id have them by this weekend. A different guy picked up the phone and said that I could change the shipping but wanted to make sure the parts were on the shelf ready to go. I was on hold for about 5-10 minutes and was then told that the RRO UCA's arnt even finished being produced and wont be available for another week or so. No where on the website did it say they were still under production and that it would be another week or so until they can be purchased. The first guy I spoke to failed to even mention that they were still in production. I told him to cancel my order and I was going to place an order through Jeepin by AL becuase I have an appointment for an alignment on Moday and no parts to install.

Just trying to give you guys a heads up so you dont have to deal with the same problem I had. I think I'll be happier with the JBA's and probably should have just ordered them in the first place.

Matt
04-09-2012, 11:41 AM
That sucks. :(

Sal-XK
04-09-2012, 11:56 AM
I've heard complaints about there customer service before.

BonesWK
04-09-2012, 11:59 AM
yep x2 on the customer service. i have heard bad things as well. My lift was bought from a local guy, and is GREAT quality. Unfortunatly from what is sounds from many, is their quality only goes so far, and lose people based on customer service.

Sal-XK
04-09-2012, 12:17 PM
yep x2 on the customer service. i have heard bad things as well. My lift was bought from a local guy, and is GREAT quality. Unfortunatly from what is sounds from many, is their quality only goes so far, and lose people based on customer service.

Yup heard that to great products sucky customer service.

07JeepXK
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM
I guess the biggest reason im so pissed is because I called and talked to them directly a few weeks ago when trying to decide which UCA's I wanted to go with. Not once did they mention the UCA's were still in production and the first guy I talked to today never mentioned that either. If you have a product thats not ready to be shipped for a few weeks that should be noted on your website so people are aware. Also make note on your website that your falling behind and it might take 3-5 days to process the order before it even gets shipped out.

On a positive note, Jeepin by Al is on point. I called them prior to ordering and right away there was a message saying that no one is in the office because they were all away for the week at Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari. I ordered their HD UCA's anyways and not even an hour later I received and email saying they were shipped and will be at my door tomorrow. Thats customer service with a smile.

AJeepZJ
04-10-2012, 06:31 AM
wow... they really tanked on that one. They sound very disorganized and ill-prepared.

Sal-XK
04-10-2012, 06:40 AM
wow... they really tanked on that one. They sound very disorganized and ill-prepared.

From what I've heard there products are good and they stand by them if they got there customer service fixed they would be good. But also heard there so busy there having trouble keeping up to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07JeepXK
04-10-2012, 09:00 AM
From what I've heard there products are good and they stand by them if they got there customer service fixed they would be good. But also heard there so busy there having trouble keeping up to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you ask me...shipping should be there number one priority if they are that far behind. They lost a customer due to their poor customer service. Anyways, I ordered the Jeepin by AL HD UCA's less then 24 hours ago and they already made it to my house. For no one being in the office yesterday due to Easter Jeep Safari I think thats amazing. Jeepin by AL FTW!!!!

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/04/IMAG0248-1.jpg

kmax
04-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Those look good, 07! I'm set to finish off my (second set) of stockers in a couple weeks when we're in Moab again, so these are on my list! Glad to hear their customer service is so good.

Sal-XK
04-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Those things look tough

07JeepXK
04-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Those look good, 07! I'm set to finish off my (second set) of stockers in a couple weeks when we're in Moab again, so these are on my list! Glad to hear their customer service is so good.

Those things look tough

They might be getting installed tonight. Depends on how long this Battalion Training Meeting lasts :(

Gulf550
04-11-2012, 09:34 AM
This is something I found out about the Jeepinbyal control arms when runing the supperlift lift. I've been sending emails
Back and forth about my alignment problems I've been having since installation of the upper control arms.

The a-arms were desined for a lift kit other than Superlift, SL uses a
stering knuckle extention to level out the factory a-arm. *If you add more
lift to the jeep then our a-arms will work.

To make a long story short, my camber and caster cannot be adjusted anymore
to correct my toe out problem. Corrective action will be replace my inner outer tie rods from moog.. Just an fyi

Omelet
04-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Did they try adjusting the rear on the lower arm? When I had mine aligned they weren't sure they could get it withing spec. I told them the rear mount has at least an inch of adjustment to it, which they didn't know. After that the alignment was perfect! It was all basically maxed out, but within spec. However I don't have the JBA arms, I have the HM arms.

07JeepXK
04-11-2012, 12:58 PM
This is something I found out about the Jeepinbyal control arms when runing the supperlift lift. I've been sending emails
Back and forth about my alignment problems I've been having since installation of the upper control arms.

The a-arms were desined for a lift kit other than Superlift, SL uses a
stering knuckle extention to level out the factory a-arm. *If you add more
lift to the jeep then our a-arms will work.

To make a long story short, my camber and caster cannot be adjusted anymore
to correct my toe out problem. Corrective action will be replace my inner outer tie rods from moog.. Just an fyi

I just finished installing the JBA UCA's and new LCA's. I recently replaced my inner tie rods with MOOG and I'm only running a OME lift with stock steering knuckles so I should be good. It drives straight...no more clunking noises. It gets an alignment in the morning

pjmjr508
04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Nice

Matt
05-03-2012, 05:00 AM
Looks like I'll be trying the rocky road arms instead of JBA based of the measurements posted here:
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17946

07JeepXK
05-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Hmmm. This has me thinking. I love my JBA UCA's and they were able to get the alignment dead on. The only thing I dont like is the clearance issue because I wheel the piss out of my XK. It seems like the JBA UCA's would work best for someone who only does normal street driving with a 2 inch lifted XK and wants a great set of UCA's that wont break and are totally rebuildable.

So now the question is, can you get the alignment dead on with the RRO UCA's like you can with the JBA's. As you know I just installed brand new meats on the XK and the last thing I want is for them to start cupping because I swap UCA's and they cant get the XK aligned to spec.

Matt
05-03-2012, 07:48 AM
My alignment is currently "good".... its in the green but on the edge of the spec. It shouldn't take much to get it well within spec.

I have an inkling that the JBA arms are like that to get the alignment in spec on their 4" lift where the angles of the arms are really stretching the limits.

When I install my upper and new lower control arms.... in going to get the RRO and ream out the LCA slots to allow a little more adjustment.

07JeepXK
05-03-2012, 09:08 AM
I dont think you will need to ream them out. As it stands now with my JBA UCA's, the lower control arm bolts are in the exact middle of the slot. Meaning I still have adjustment both ways.

Matt
05-03-2012, 11:12 AM
True, but based on those measurements the upper balljoint will move outwards a significant amount. Couldn't hurt to elongate at least the front mounting point for the LCA since that one affects the camber the most.... ill be doing it while I have the control arms off.

07JeepXK
05-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Sounds like a great idea. I wish we had spoke about this prior to installing my new LCA's.

Matt
05-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Sounds like a great idea. I wish we had spoke about this prior to installing my new LCA's.

But did you know that the front bolt was slotted before you took them off? I didn't realize it until you told me since the bolt heads completely cover the slot..... I didn't think of doing this until you mentioned that.

07JeepXK
05-03-2012, 12:49 PM
But did you know that the front bolt was slotted before you took them off? I didn't realize it until you told me since the bolt heads completely cover the slot..... I didn't think of doing this until you mentioned that.

Did I know it was slotted? Well sort of because I knew that all the adjustments were made at the lower control arms on our XK and it just wouldnt sound right to me to have the rear slotted and the front just a fixed hole.

LWM
05-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Moved the other development discussion to a new thread.

Matt
05-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Sold my front guard today and used the $$ to order the RRO UCAs. Lurking on JG looks promising... member reported camber readings at 0 and this at full extension (OME, so expect the spindle to still come close or hit with a spacer lift)

07JeepXK
05-27-2012, 10:10 AM
So basically at full extension they dont come in contact with the coil/isolator like my JBA UCAs correct? The mounting bolts for the ball joint are in upside down.

Matt
05-27-2012, 10:17 AM
That's what it looks like.

That's not my vehicle... I stole the pics from a WK on jeepgarage.

07JeepXK
05-27-2012, 10:23 AM
That's what it looks like.

That's not my vehicle... I stole the pics from a WK on jeepgarage.

Yea I figured that much...lol I know you wouldnt install them upside down.

valpacer
05-29-2012, 03:02 AM
I cant even get RR to reply to any phone messages or emails!

Going to check that other thread out, i need to do something soon!

Matt
05-29-2012, 03:13 AM
when were you trying to contact them? This past weekend was a holiday weekend and a lot of businesses close down

valpacer
05-29-2012, 03:18 AM
3 emails and 2 phone messages in 2 weeks. Perhaps i should have left out i wanted shipping to australia...:D

These look to be the ones to get though!

Matt
05-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Well they're certainly not known for their customer service.... lol.

07JeepXK
05-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Yeah thats true...haha. I have to tear apart the front end again eventually to fix a leaking cv boot so I might consider these UCA's. It all depends though because my JBA UCA's are working great for me right now.

Matt
05-31-2012, 01:38 PM
RRO arms are shipping out today.

Thinking of stripping them down and painting then blue.....

madrock
05-31-2012, 02:35 PM
RRO arms are shipping out today.

Thinking of stripping them down and painting then blue.....

How long from the time you placed the order?

Matt
05-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Order placed May 27th.... 4 days

Note that was memorial day weekend as well.

madrock
05-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Thanks. That's not bad at all.

Someone on one of the Titan forums just had an issue with their customer service. They ordered an item 2 weeks ago...no confirmation email or anything. It took them several days to get ahold of someone. When they did, the person on phone could not tell them when the item would ship. When they requested a refund, they were told to they would have to wait two weeks for a refund.

Matt
05-31-2012, 04:25 PM
While my experience was pretty good, there's plenty of stories of questionable customer service from them.

.... maybe there will be another company making arms for us soon wink wink

LWM
05-31-2012, 05:34 PM
.... maybe there will be another company making arms for us soon wink wink

That would be amazing :)

BonesWK
06-01-2012, 05:10 AM
That would be amazing :)

i see what you did there

07JeepXK
06-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Thanks. That's not bad at all.

Someone on one of the Titan forums just had an issue with their customer service. They ordered an item 2 weeks ago...no confirmation email or anything. It took them several days to get ahold of someone. When they did, the person on phone could not tell them when the item would ship. When they requested a refund, they were told to they would have to wait two weeks for a refund.

I had placed an order a little over a month ago for the RRO UCA's and never heard anything for several days. No email confirmation for the order..nothing. I called them and they said they werent even finished with production so I canceled the order and received my money back right away. Their customer service does suck, but maybe they can make up for that with their product.

Matt
08-17-2012, 03:53 AM
A quick update. Got my arms ready to go (painted) so Just need to install them.

I noticed that the bushings were a much smaller diameter than my OEM arms so I contacted RRO to see what they used.... their website is misleading in the sense that when they say "OEM Jeep control arms bushings" one would think "OEM Jeep WK/XK control arm bushings".

To their credit they responded right away. However, they used the KJ control arm bushings. So then I responded basically asking WHY??.... no response.

Why would they spec out a smaller diameter bushing used on a considerably smaller vehicle for the "heavy duty" control arms is a mystery to me. (FYI the smaller the diameter, the higher the stress concentration).

I have them.... so we'll see what happens. But based on this alone, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending these arms to XK/WK owners who are planning on going off-road often. They're probably fine for the lifted DD type vehicle that might venture off pavement on occasion; in that sense they're still a nice lower cost solution.

Part of me wishes I could return them Just based off their website statement of "Rocky Road control arm kits come with Extreme Duty ball joints and dust boots, bushings and hardware."........ I'm calling BS on KJ bushings being "extreme duty" for a XK....

Matt
08-17-2012, 03:57 AM
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/08/20120815184347-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/08/20120804130220-1.jpg

Don't know how I didn't pick this up sooner.... the bushing difference is obvious. The OD of the OEM bushings are larger than the OD of the RRO arms bushing housing....

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/08/20120804130220-1.jpg

valpacer
08-17-2012, 04:17 AM
My set arrived today, 6 days after ordering! After a couple of months of no reponses, i gave up, then tried again last week and instant answer and delivery!

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/08/DSC_0237-1.jpg

I noticed the bushing size as well, time will tell!

Oh, and nice paint job there Matt!

Matt
08-17-2012, 05:37 AM
Definitely looking forward to seeing if they stand up to YOUR abuse!

I'm going to recommend they change that in their design ASAP. So if we have issues, hopefully they'll swap them out for us.

07JeepXK
08-17-2012, 06:05 AM
I guess its a good thing that I kept the JBA UCA's. So far no issues!!!

valpacer
08-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Definitely looking forward to seeing if they stand up to YOUR abuse!

I'm going to recommend they change that in their design ASAP. So if we have issues, hopefully they'll swap them out for us.

Who ME??? I treat my Jeep with the utmost kid gloves and tissue paper................Ok you got me! :cool:

Weve got the Jeep jamboree in September, if they make it through that......

Matt
08-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Well here's an update. Some info from RRO.

Make of it what you will. While i'm not pleased with their bushing choice or reasoning, I'll hand it to them that the arms came quick and they've been very responsive to my E-mails; two things I didn't expect from some reviews. Hopefully they decide to take my advice and update the design for the next production phase.

We use the Liberty bushings because we started making those control arms a few years ago, but the WK/XK we have only been doing for about a year. The ID of the bushings is the same so it is easier to keep one part number instead of multiple. The Liberty bushings are also used on the CRD (diesel) model which is much heavier than the gas or WK/XK front end so there shouldn't be any durability issues.

Understood about the part number simplicity. But you're off on vehicle
weights. The CRD is not that heavy, not to mention the CRD XK/WK
models are far heavier than the KJ version which makes that a mute
point, the KJ arms are still weaker.

The CRD added ~200 lbs to the front of the KJ for a total curb weight
of approx 4,300 lb.
The 4x4 3.7L Commander has a curb weight of approx 4,800 lb.
The 4x4 5.7L Commander has a curb weight of approx 5,200 lb. (Limited model)

In any case, there's no question that the upper design limit for the
XK/WK bushings are higher than the KJ. The RRO website is misleading
because it says these arms come with "extreme duty" components which
isn't true when it comes to the bushings, they're technically "weaker"
than the stock bushings. (In most cases, I see control arm bushings
wear out before balljoints.)

If I would have had this information prior to ordering, I would have
spent the extra money for the JBA arms.

With the proper control arm bushings, I think you guys have a great
product here. I would highly recommend updating the design of the
Xk/WK arms to include the OEM bushings.

If you have any problems with the bushings, let us know and we'll warranty them.

Will do.
Thanks

07JeepXK
08-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Haha. Yeah the CRD liberty doesn't touch the commander in weight over the front end. They need to keep in mind that the guys who are ordering these UCA's have lifted rigs which are taken off road often. I can see you having to replace bushings often. Again +1 for JBA...

Matt
08-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah I was a bit taken back by that response.... "bushings are used on the CRD model which is much heavier....", ummm, NO.

DetroitMarauder
08-20-2012, 06:26 PM
I haven't been too impressed with them overall. The lift I got I have had no problems with but the their shocks and now the arms you ordered.

I wonder if they'll still warranty them when they find out you painted them.

Matt
08-20-2012, 06:31 PM
I wonder if they'll still warranty them when they find out you painted them.

Painting the metal arms doesnt effect the bushings... so yes they will lol

Sal-XK
08-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Well I'm sure they don't realize the influence that you will have on there sales I guess. Instead of being cocky and blowing you off they should of done some research or asked you some questions at least. And the soccer mom aint going to there site and ordering there parts the guys wheeling like us are ordering there parts so ya bad move on there part.

07JeepXK
08-20-2012, 07:17 PM
JBA will be going on the new hemi

Matt
08-20-2012, 07:20 PM
It definitely doesn't put their "engineering" team in a good light that's for sure.

My goal next year is to wheel enough to need the bushings replaced twice in the same year.....lol then im getting a refund

Matt
08-20-2012, 07:20 PM
JBA will be going on the new hemi

I'd do the same!

cmdr jim
09-16-2012, 06:20 PM
On the RRO Upper Control Arms, what is the thickness of plate that the ball joint mounting bolts go through?
Also could anyone with a 2" to 2-1/2" lift post a picture showing us the angle of the ball joint and the angle of the control arm?

Matt
09-16-2012, 06:24 PM
On the RRO Upper Control Arms, what is the thickness of plate that the ball joint mounting bolts go through?
Also could anyone with a 2" to 2-1/2" lift post a picture showing us the angle of the ball joint and the angle of the control arm?

3/8"

cmdr jim
09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
3/8"

Thanks.

I found these pics with the arms used with a Superlift 4" lift. My guess from studying the pics, using these arms and a 2 to 2-1/2" lift, the ball joint is probably very close to being straight, is that correct?

Matt
09-16-2012, 06:54 PM
I haven't installed mine yet... but i imagine that'd be correct since they're supposed to be designed for a 2" lift.

valpacer
09-18-2012, 02:05 AM
This is what they look like on mine, equivalent to 2 - 2.5 in lift. They sit level. Now to see what they will hold up to!

Dave

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

cmdr jim
09-18-2012, 09:30 AM
This is what they look like on mine, equivalent to 2 - 2.5 in lift. They sit level. Now to see what they will hold up to!

Dave

That's what I was looking for, Thanks.

Did they come with new pivot bolts or were you able to reuse your bolts?
Where is your concern with these, the smaller pivot bushings?

valpacer
09-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Reused the factory ones, the bushes are smaller than the factory, but i dont think they are any smaller than the JBA ones, time will tell if they have an impact on performance or longevity. Im about to head of for 4 days of wheeling at the Jeep Jamboree, tat will test them out!

valpacer
09-18-2012, 01:55 PM
For Matt!

cmdr jim
09-25-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm about to head of for 4 days of wheeling at the Jeep Jamboree, tat will test them out!

How did the RRO arms do?

valpacer
09-27-2012, 04:06 AM
Let you know tomorrow!! But has given me the ability to get the alignment back to factory and driving much better

valpacer
10-02-2012, 03:20 AM
Back from the trip, 2500km on the road, 4 days hard wheeling, no noises, all bushes intact, they did well.

I didnt give the front end any kind of consideration on this one, just wheeled it without concern, so i highly recommend them!

Dave

07JeepXK
10-02-2012, 05:50 AM
How about the RCV Axles??

BonesWK
10-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Back from the trip, 2500km on the road, 4 days hard wheeling, no noises, all bushes intact, they did well.

I didnt give the front end any kind of consideration on this one, just wheeled it without concern, so i highly recommend them!

Dave

Great news... this will need to be an upgrade/replacement in my future I think

valpacer
10-02-2012, 03:05 PM
How about the RCV Axles??

Same for these didnt have an issue. Had some grease thrown out, but i kept them greased through the end all weekend and didnt have an issue Didnt get any vibes from them as the other fella did, and no clicking etc. For the first time in ages i wheeled without trying to baby the front end, and it did everything! I still have to get a replacement front shaft made up (only due to the angle of the tcase end, not the strength).

Now if i can stop the computer going into service 4wd mode everytime i hit mud ill be happy!

Matt
10-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Glad to hear everything's working out. I'm more worried long term for the arms.... wouldn't necessarily claim victory after one wheeling trip.

You did remind me that I need to get a new front driveshaft though. All the grease has flung out of mine so it's just a matter of time....

cmdr jim
10-02-2012, 04:19 PM

Dave

Thanks for reporting back, this is great news! I know it's only one wheeling trip, but from some of the pictures you've posted in the past, I'm sure you put them through their paces.

07JeepXK
10-02-2012, 04:24 PM
My JBA UCA's have been on 4 off road trips so far no issues!!

Matt
10-02-2012, 06:45 PM
My JBA UCA's have been on 4 off road trips so far no issues!!

My stock UCA's have been through 5 offroad trips so far and no issues :p

Gulf550
10-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Same for these didnt have an issue. Had some grease thrown out, but i kept them greased through the end all weekend and didnt have an issue Didnt get any vibes from them as the other fella did, and no clicking etc. For the first time in ages i wheeled without trying to baby the front end, and it did everything! I still have to get a replacement front shaft made up (only due to the angle of the tcase end, not the strength).

Now if i can stop the computer going into service 4wd mode everytime i hit mud ill be happy!

I have sent mine both back to rcv. Mine are throwing way to much grease plus I had a bid vibration under acceleration. They have reported back and said they found a problem with both of them and are making me new ones.

Gulf550
10-02-2012, 07:14 PM

Here is a picture of what it would look like in 1 day driving to and from work. Total miles 20. I just got sick of all the grease going everywhere.

07JeepXK
10-02-2012, 07:32 PM
My stock UCA's have been through 5 offroad trips so far and no issues :p

Yea yea. We will see if your oem uca's make it through trip number 6!