PDA

View Full Version : Wheeling pics from the weekend.

valpacer
04-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Couple of pics from the weekend. Only 3 trucks as everyone else was have a great time at Camp Coffs, a massive jeep event i couldnt get to :(
. But it meant we could hit some hard tracks we haven't seen in 12 months.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/04/P1000413-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/04/P1000410-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/04/P1000406-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/04/P1000404-1.jpg

And then I busted a front CV.:mad:

But it gave me time to fit up the new led bar when i got home. On a tilt tray. 2 hours later. With the neighbours looking. Hmmmm.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/04/DSC_0038r-1.jpg

AJeepZJ
04-11-2012, 04:21 AM
That's awesome David. Did I read correctly somewhere you are get'n some new meats??

BonesWK
04-11-2012, 05:21 AM
awesome pics man, thanks for sharing as always.

Looks like a fun trail - but tough on CVs :)

Matt
04-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Some sick trails there.... I know the pictures probably don't give them justice!

pjmjr508
04-11-2012, 10:53 AM
love to see the pics you post of the trails there

valpacer
04-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Was the only track we really got photos of. And probably the easiet part :cool: To get to here we had to come down around 30m over a 2.5m deep rut in the tracks from recent rains. Had to dig the front right tyre into the bank and crawl down. One of the XJ's slid in and i had to winch it back to the top on its side!

Was my last wheel in its current setup, modded SL and 35" tyres going on next week :D

Dave

TrialByFire
04-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Great photos. Another CV bites it! We're poppin' them right and left.

Matt
04-14-2012, 07:09 PM
you guys make me scared to go wheeling... at least i know i can make it out of there with a busted CV though!

07JeepXK
04-14-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure how all you guys are busting cv's. I'm glad I dont have that problem...yet!

valpacer
04-15-2012, 03:10 AM
I take mine into places that a lot of trucks wont go. And always pushing the limits :(

All the Jeeps in our club that go on these runs are twin locked and highly modded. XJ's with long and short arms on 33's, JK's on 4.5" lifts and either 35's or 37's (this is where the WH wheelbase helps, closer to XJ). I use the winch a bit :cool:

Dave

07JeepXK
04-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Im just like you. I like to take the XK places that others would never take their $35,000 + vehicle. Most of the time others can't believe how capable the Commander is. My XK has seen beter days. It doesnt look half as nice as other forum members due to all the scratches and dents from off roading.

Sal-XK
04-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Im just like you. I like to take the XK places that others would never take their $35,000 + vehicle. Most of the time others can't believe how capable the Commander is. My XK has seen beter days. It doesnt look half as nice as other forum members due to all the scratches and dents from off roading.

That's why I painted mine it was looking pretty shabby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Holaday07 4.7
04-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Dave, I think you take the cake on body damage sir. Always look forward to seeing your pictures

valpacer
04-16-2012, 05:32 PM
You may be right there. Ive missed out on a photo shoot for a local magazine too due to the damage. Oh Well, cant wheel paper!

Ill have some more pics of the build this week, and hope to be wheeling 6in higher in 2 weeks!

Sal-XK
04-16-2012, 05:35 PM
You may be right there. Ive missed out on a photo shoot for a local magazine too due to the damage. Oh Well, cant wheel paper!

Ill have some more pics of the build this week, and hope to be wheeling 6in higher in 2 weeks!

Looking forward to seeing your new setup and how crazy you'll be with it :D

pjmjr508
04-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Looking forward to seeing your new setup and how crazy you'll be with it :D

x2

Holaday07 4.7
04-16-2012, 06:01 PM

I think they missed out on what enthusiasts (sp?) really care about. Oh well, looking forward to your new ride

TrialByFire
04-17-2012, 07:59 PM
you guys make me scared to go wheeling... at least i know i can make it out of there with a busted CV though!
I saw in the manual where the XK (w/QDII) has a "limp" mode it automatically switches into when something breaks. You may have to winch in a few spots, but you'll get home.

pjmjr508
04-18-2012, 11:48 AM
I saw in the manual where the XK (w/QDII) has a "limp" mode it automatically switches into when something breaks. You may have to winch in a few spots, but you'll get home.

this is good to know

valpacer
04-19-2012, 02:00 AM
Yep, when the front and rear wheel sensors get a different speed reading it will lock the trans into whatever gear it is in. Stop and restart to clear. Ie when you do a CV or rear driveshaft and then the driven tyres spin trying to get out etc.

Same as if you get mud into the wheel speed sensors of the diff actuation switches. Limp mode, trans locks into gear used.

Well the work has begun, Stu has a couple of Mega JK builds on the go so it wont be a quick process, but im hoping to get over to his joint early next week to give a hand. We arent using spacers so we have to make up some new rear coils and we may even relocate the rear shock mounts higher to increase our chock choices, but likely bilstein remotes.

Will have some pics early next week! If anyone still has their WK and hasnt sold it......:D

criket
04-19-2012, 08:27 AM
^Haha, I see what ya did there!

AJeepZJ
04-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Yep, when the front and rear wheel sensors get a different speed reading it will lock the trans into whatever gear it is in. Stop and restart to clear. Ie when you do a CV or rear driveshaft and then the driven tyres spin trying to get out etc.

Same as if you get mud into the wheel speed sensors of the diff actuation switches. Limp mode, trans locks into gear used.

Well the work has begun, Stu has a couple of Mega JK builds on the go so it wont be a quick process, but im hoping to get over to his joint early next week to give a hand. We arent using spacers so we have to make up some new rear coils and we may even relocate the rear shock mounts higher to increase our chock choices, but likely bilstein remotes.

Will have some pics early next week! If anyone still has their WK and hasnt sold it......:D

Lol.. Nice... I'm actually very interested seeinh how yours will turn out.. You'll still be working on what remains of my top 5 WK's...