PDA

View Full Version : Stock Tire replacement recommendations

CKB3
04-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Im looking to replace the tires on my stock XK (245/65/17). I looked at the tire reviews and most appear to be on larger tires. The XK is primarily driven on the highway and im looking for a quiet high mileage tire. I would like to keep the total price under 900. Any recommendations would be wonderful. And we did not like the Stock Fortera tires

Thanks,
Curtis

LWM
04-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Im looking to replace the tires on my stock XK (245/65/17). I looked at the tire reviews and most appear to be on larger tires. The XK is primarily driven on the highway and im looking for a quiet high mileage tire. I would like to keep the total price under 900. Any recommendations would be wonderful. And we did not like the Stock Fortera tires

Thanks,
Curtis

Duramax from Discount Tire

Carn75
04-15-2012, 07:19 PM
For mostly street driving I always liked the Goodyear Silent Armors. They were quiet and really good in the rain.

CKB3
04-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Duramax from Discount Tire

couldn't find these...

Thanks for the Silent armor recommendation...

Matt
04-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Also check out the Toyo Open Country HT. That was always a solid performing highway tire for trucks/SUVs at the shop I worked at.

The_War_Wagon
04-18-2012, 06:39 AM
Try the Nitto Crosstek CUV's. I'm running a set on mine right now, and they're great around town or on the highway. I only have 5k miles on mine; they're 60k rated. Buy me some decent A/T's and I'll swap 'em with you! :p

CKB3
04-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Thank you for all the suggestions! I went with a set GY Wranglers and will likely provide a review on them in a month or so after a little bit of mileage

Sal-XK
04-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Thank you for all the suggestions! I went with a set GY Wranglers and will likely provide a review on them in a month or so after a little bit of mileage

Cool! just a reminder to you guys to post in the TIRE REVIEW (http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php/1159-Tire-Reviews?highlight=tire+reviews) thread when you can so we can keep it updated and add as many tires to it as possible.