PDA

View Full Version : Chris selling his jeep!!!!!!

criket
04-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Chris is selling his Jeep so my may trip got cancelled.

The heck you say!!!! CHris/jager is selling his 8" lifted WK on 37's????

Sal-XK
04-18-2012, 07:01 PM
The heck you say!!!! CHris/jager is selling his 8" lifted WK on 37's????

Don't want to take this thread over with the news but From the FB page

Some bitter/ sweet news for you guys today. If all goes as planned Marlin (owner of jba/4xg) will be buying my wk. He said it'll be used for R&D for new products and take to shows. As for the group it WON'T be going anywhere, it'll just need a new leader. ( if one of the admins dont want it)

EvilJager
04-18-2012, 07:14 PM
:'( i might still show up if you go that weekend. Ill just have to ride with someone if yall havent disowned me. I could be camera man

Matt
04-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Chris is giving up his WK for this commuter car:

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/04/ChadConwayComutaCar-1.jpg

... i recommend an insta-ban :(

EvilJager
04-18-2012, 07:22 PM
gnarly dude!

Sal-XK
04-18-2012, 07:38 PM
I think it's the getting out of jeeps all together that's hard to take.

Matt
04-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Na... people toss around wranglers all the time cause they're a dime-a-dozen. Whats hard to grasp is the highest lifted WK being discarded for [seemingly] no good reason.

And when i say "no good reason", i mean "you need a damn good reason to do this to us!" :mad:

Omelet
04-18-2012, 07:49 PM
So what's the deal Chris? Can't afford it anymore? Done with the whole Jeep life? Done Marlin still have the blue CRD that he bought from the other guy that has the alleged 4" lift on it? You know the one that no ones ever sees anymore! So this means that we will never see your monster WK anymore :(

Sal-XK
04-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Na... people toss around wranglers all the time cause they're a dime-a-dozen. Whats hard to grasp is the highest lifted WK being discarded for [seemingly] no good reason.

And when i say "no good reason", i mean "you need a damn good reason to do this to us!" :mad:

we all do things for different reasons I guess. It's a nice jeep but obviously his interests have changed I guess. Putting 37" tires on I'm sure was pretty expensive on gas LOL.

AJeepZJ
04-18-2012, 08:16 PM
I think Im just going to go to Carolina Beach that weekend. Sal, bring beer.

Matt
04-19-2012, 03:24 AM
we all do things for different reasons I guess. It's a nice jeep but obviously his interests have changed I guess. Putting 37" tires on I'm sure was pretty expensive on gas LOL.

Oh I know. Just trying to get him to change his mind. I hammered him pretty good with text messages last night too lol. :)

BonesWK
04-19-2012, 05:21 AM
buy a 40oz

pour some out for him

Sal-XK
04-19-2012, 05:30 AM
I think Im just going to go to Carolina Beach that weekend. Sal, bring beer.

buy a 40oz

pour some out for him

We giving him a send off? we'll toss a picture of his jeep in the ocean and say good bye LMAO

AJeepZJ
04-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Oh I know. Just trying to get him to change his mind. I hammered him pretty good with text messages last night too lol. :)

Last night??

I've been chewing Chris out for almost 3 weeks. I even called him. Chewed him out for an hour.

Matt
04-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Damn its been going on that long?

AJeepZJ
04-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Well.. About a 1.5months ago he was just looking for a DD, which i was all for. Tried to help find a few. Then he slipped into a 'coma' and started hinting at selling the WK, which Ive been against. Since I was already giving him a hard time, and Out of respect, lol, I just kept that dialogue to myself.

But it's all good Chris. What ever you end up with, no matter how much I disapprove, lol. Ur still my bro.

Matt
04-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Maybe Marlin will let him wheel it at RC still...... he's not far from there.

EvilJager
04-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Lol you guys are crazy!

But yeah basically after i put bigger tires on my mpg hot even worse and the gas prices are going up. On top of that im down about $5,000 for the year so far and starting to drain my savings just to go to work. The only time i drive my jeep is to go to work,pick up the kids, and go home. I was going to get another car but would kill my savings account. Not a great idea since im making less this year. So i canceled that idea and thought about it real hard and decided to sell the jeep. I dont really want to but i just cant afford it right now. So sell the jeep, buy a car and pay off a cresit card.
You'll def still see the jeep around. Marlin is making my jeep his R&D jeep for jba . Right now he has the super cv's to make and install. He told he he still had alot of stuff to make for it so im not sure what's up his sleve. He also told me he will be taking it to.alot of shows. So youll def be seeing it at the shows coming up. I guess butler jeep shoe is next? I dont plan on buying a jeep after selling this one right away but i do plan on getting another jeep. Prob be a wrangler tho. For the 10k i had in my g.c. it would have went alot further in a wrangler.

Sal-XK
04-19-2012, 09:55 AM
You have to do what you have to do. I've sold plenty of toys when I was younger that's the way things go when you have a family to support.

Matt
04-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Chris you gonna hang around here still? Maybe talk to Marlin about putting you on part-time payroll to do the forum work like Mike used to for 4xG??? You're on enough forums and well known so that'd be a good move IMO.... otherwise we'll probably never hear much about Marlins plans, products, etc (unless we go to the shows)

Sal-XK
04-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Chris you gonna hang around here still? Maybe talk to Marlin about putting you on part-time payroll to do the forum work like Mike used to for 4xG??? You're on enough forums and well known so that'd be a good move IMO.... otherwise we'll probably never hear much about Marlins plans, products, etc (unless we go to the shows)

I'm sure that was marlin's plan from the start unless Chris paid full retail for the lift which I would not have to be tested on.

criket
04-19-2012, 10:13 AM
It's all good Chris. If I was in a pinch, I'd sell my jeep too. Family is always first.

AJeepZJ
04-19-2012, 11:22 AM
It's all good Chris. If I was in a pinch, I'd sell my jeep too. Family is always first.

I dunno.... your loyalty is questionable. I think you'd off your WK long before you were pinched. more like... touched.

Sal-XK
04-19-2012, 11:42 AM
I dunno.... your loyalty is questionable. I think you'd off your WK long before you were pinched. more like... touched.

When you have kids and a wife to take care of your out look on life will be vastly different then when your single.

criket
04-19-2012, 11:52 AM
When you have kids and a wife to take care of your out look on life will be vastly different then when your single.

This x10000. Aj, young grasshopper, you will learn this too one day. :)

Matt
04-19-2012, 12:10 PM
That's why I sold my beloved GMC Sierra Denali for the Jeep Liberty... :(
I miss that truck (And will have another pickup soon), but not being nailed down with a high payment sure makes it easier to buy toys for the kids.. and seeing them happy/playing is worth it. :)

..... lol but as soon as the XK is paid off that Liberty is getting traded for a truck!

Matt
04-19-2012, 12:14 PM
...... And ya know, if I didn't make that move I would've never got so into modding the XK!

AJeepZJ
04-19-2012, 04:24 PM
This x10000. Aj, young grasshopper, you will learn this too one day. :)

LOL.. on a naive scale. You guys must think me a 10 (0 being the lowest). Of course family comes first. Precisely why I don't have any.

Sal-XK
04-19-2012, 05:03 PM
LOL.. on a naive scale. You guys must think me a 10 (0 being the lowest). Of course family comes first. Precisely why I don't have any.

When it happens and it will it catches us all I will bump this thread for you LOL

EvilJager
04-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Lol nothing is planned aj. When it haplens it happens fast!...
Matt. If he buys it i still plan on being around to see what y'all are up to and keep new product info flowing. He hasnt paid me anything for promoting his products but that hasnt really mattered to me. I just like filling everyone in on new products like im sure everyone else does too. If he doesnt buy my jeep tho i duno what'll happen to it. But something will :(

Matt
04-19-2012, 05:15 PM
If he doesnt buy my jeep tho i duno what'll happen to it. But something will :(

We can make an 8" lifted Commander and an OME lifted WK that'll get better mileage....

AJeepZJ
04-19-2012, 05:17 PM
When it happens and it will it catches us all I will bump this thread for you LOL

Lol nothing is planned aj. When it haplens it happens fast!

Dont count on it.

EvilJager
04-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Dont count on it.
before you know it you'll be the black brady bunch aj hahahahaha

EvilJager
04-19-2012, 05:31 PM
We can make an 8" lifted Commander and an OME lifted WK that'll get better mileage....thay doesnt sound as cool tho :/

Sal-XK
04-19-2012, 05:34 PM

lmfao

EvilJager
04-19-2012, 05:37 PM
lmfaostill rofl here!

AJeepZJ
04-19-2012, 06:18 PM
You two are out of control

EvilJager
04-19-2012, 06:19 PM
You'd be crazy if you had kids too!

Ill keep everyone posted bout the jeep tho...

Sal-XK
04-19-2012, 06:25 PM
You two are out of control

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD :D

criket
04-19-2012, 06:31 PM

LMAO!!!!!!

Marsha Marsha Marsha!!!!!

AJeepZJ
04-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Ob, brother...

NeilSmith
04-20-2012, 09:53 AM
I completely understand. I have only one child, but she absolutely comes first. I work commision and work has slowed down a little bit. That means that my pay fluctuates, sometimes a difference of $10K per year, or more. :( But, heres the good part. I've convinced my wife that once I pay off the XK that I can buy a 370Z and it will save on gas. LOL !!!

CmmdrDan
04-20-2012, 12:16 PM
I am actually looking forward to taking a ride in his soon to be ride.

EvilJager
04-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Lol i bet

CmmdrDan
04-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Text coming your way.