PDA

View Full Version : Disabling TPMS with Flashpaq

Matt
04-30-2012, 11:19 AM
I recently installed 285/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar on Black Rock Series 997 wheels with rubber valve stems. I used my Superchips Flashpaq to disable the TPMS using the TPMS OFF ROAD setting. No more dummy light on the dash since I dont have the oem TPMS sensors in the wheels.

Ooooh I like that flashpaq trick..... you don't get any codes since there aren't any sensors responding to the module? I'm still having issues with my OEM sensors and haven't seen a TSB yet, so I've just been ignoring the warning light.

07JeepXK
04-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Ooooh I like that flashpaq trick..... you don't get any codes since there aren't any sensors responding to the module? I'm still having issues with my OEM sensors and haven't seen a TSB yet, so I've just been ignoring the warning light.

Absolutly no codes, no issues and no dummy lights. The flashpaq totally disables everything with the tpms. Only downfall is I'll have to check the tire pressure manually now everyonce and a while just to ensure all four tires are at the proper psi. Its no different now then any other vehicle back in the day that didnt have tpms sensors. Do you have a flashpaq? If so i would just disable it so you dont have that stupid light and just keep an eye on air pressure.

Matt
04-30-2012, 12:38 PM
I do have the flashpaq.... but sounds like I need to do a software update. I don't remember seeing that setting, only being able to adjust the PSI that the sensors target.

07JeepXK
04-30-2012, 01:18 PM
I do have the flashpaq.... but sounds like I need to do a software update. I don't remember seeing that setting, only being able to adjust the PSI that the sensors target.

Hmmm. I havent updated my Flashpaq since I got it several years ago. Its under the Advance settings, in the same area where you adjust the tire size and gear ratio. I remember seeing the PSI sensor target your referring to. Ill take a picture tonight on my flashpaq showing the menu.

Matt
04-30-2012, 01:39 PM
....oh man now you have me worried they may have removed it due to legal issues. Ill hook mine up after I see your pic to see if its the same.

07JeepXK
04-30-2012, 04:44 PM
....oh man now you have me worried they may have removed it due to legal issues. Ill hook mine up after I see your pic to see if its the same.

Pug in your flashpaq
Choose Aditional Features
Advance Functions
Tire Pressure
TPMS OFF ROAD
Enable OFF ROAD SETTING!

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/04/IMAG0291-1.jpg

Matt
04-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Mine doesnt have it :(

What software version do you have??

Matt
04-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Mine:

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/04/20120430225507-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/04/20120430230346-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/04/20120430230529-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/04/20120430225645-1.jpg

Matt
04-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Figured it out!!

Had to do an internet update and it's a new (free) add-on to select! Awesome, cant wait to install it and see what it does.... wondering if it'll still show the TPMS reading on the dash, but not throw the warning when i lose sensor connection.

Sal-XK
05-01-2012, 04:58 AM
See if you can monitor trans temp now. Just wondering if the update fixes that issue as well or did they just update hoaxci5 flash pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD :D

Matt
05-01-2012, 05:33 AM
Will do. I'll take the Jeep for a ride tonight when I get home. What menu is the trans temp monitor in?

07JeepXK
05-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Mine doesnt have it :(

What software version do you have??

Im not sure what software version I have. I would have to check it out later tonight when I get out of work. All I know is that my flashpaq hasnt been plugged into a computer since the day I got it and that was probably over two years ago.

Figured it out!!

Had to do an internet update and it's a new (free) add-on to select! Awesome, cant wait to install it and see what it does.... wondering if it'll still show the TPMS reading on the dash, but not throw the warning when i lose sensor connection.

Glad you got it figured out! I cant answer that question for you because I have a 2007 4.7 Liter Sport and my XK doesnt show the TPMS reading on the dash like yours. Mine only shows the dummy light so you have to check each tire to figure out which one is low. But my guess would be that it wont show the reading on your dash because it completely disables the TPMS. Let us know!

hoaxci5
05-01-2012, 05:53 AM
There are two spots that have trans temp on mine, and only one works. I can't recall where it was at though, and I'm a long ways away from my jeep currently..

Turning off the TPMS turns it off completely, it won't even show in the menu when you click through the EVIC.

Matt
05-01-2012, 05:58 AM
That's good news for me.... I can now turn off my tpms until Chrysler fixes their sensor issues. :)
I may actually consider an aftermarket tpms system....maybe someone will make sensors that will report via Bluetooth and work with smartphones....

07JeepXK
05-01-2012, 06:30 AM
I made a new thread and merged all the TPMS talk over to here.

Matt
05-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Good idea.... was thinking that it should be a separate thread but don't have the "power" lol

07JeepXK
05-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Good idea.... was thinking that it should be a separate thread but don't have the "power" lol

Yeah. For some reason it didnt move the thread as planned and gave you credit for the thread and put my post in the end of the thread. So I just quoted myself edited it into your post which is now the first post. Kind of confusing.

Matt
05-01-2012, 07:55 AM
"It" knew I thought of it first. :)

07JeepXK
05-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Thought of starting a new thread...or disabling TPMS with flashpaq...lol

LWM
05-01-2012, 01:58 PM
I have had the light on my dahs ever since I removed my spare tire and put in on teh back bumper, then I tore off one receiver while wheeling so my light never turns off.

Guess I know what I need to do with my VIVID before I head to Moab!

Matt
05-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Success!!!

Just disabled my TPMS, and as mentioned it's like it doesnt even exist! Oh man what a relief....

To be honest, i'm actually a fan of TPMS systems. Especially with my (self diagnosed) OCD, knowing what the tire pressure is in all tires all the time was something I liked..... BUT, when even the expensive OEM sensors don't work as they should (still awaiting a TSB) AND the fact that the spare tire has one, thereby dooming me to an everlasting TPMS warning light if I relocate the spare..... well, I can do without it. Relocating the spare was actually one thing bugging me for a while now. Not that I'm going to buy a new bumper right now, but I knew the day was going to come when i was going to have to make a choice.

07JeepXK
05-01-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm glad you got everything worked out. TPMS is over rated anyways...lol I am itching to go wheeling and air down the new MT/Rs!