PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Issues

cprokopf
05-01-2012, 06:12 PM
My WK has a stock sunroof that is acting up. When I stut off the Jeep is automatically closes. When it closes it is not sitting flush with the top of my Jeep. I had this problem a couple years ago and it fixed itself. Anyone know how I can reset the "closed" setting?

Matt
05-02-2012, 06:22 AM
I'd try some cycling of the buttons.... open, close, restart Jeep, open, close, etc. Then open it and disconnect the battery, turn the key on and let it sit for 15 minutes.

BonesWK
05-02-2012, 12:14 PM
if you hold the "V" button for like 3-5 seconds it should re calibrate itself.

Adondo
05-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Mine did the same crap last year. It made horrendous stripping gear noises, and didn't close.

The service bulletin sounds silly, but it works. You open and close it five times in a row, and it'll re-calibrate itself. Somehow the link cable(s) gets misaligned.

I also got a ladder and went up and cleaned and lubed the tracks before doing it.

cprokopf
05-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I used the old Super Contra code from Nintendo....up down, up down, left right, left right, select start and now it's working! I appreciate the help. I actually just held each button by itslef for about 5 seconds until it recaliberated.

The_War_Wagon
05-04-2012, 05:29 AM
SPEAKING OF SUNROOFS...

Back in March, when we had 12 straight days of 70+ degrees, I applied the spring wax and detail to mine. Because I'd heard of sunroof leaking issues on Commanders, I've been watching mine closely. Nothing spotted SO far (and it's parked outdoors, 24/7/365), but when I was detailing mine, I decided to wax (spray wax) the metal around & inside the sunroof, get all the grime out, and Armor-All the seals - just to keep everything clean & pristine.

Was this a good idea? Or should you just let the 'gunk' build up, so as to ensure a tighter seal? What's the prevailing thought on that matter.

Mine opens and closes just fine, FYI.

cprokopf
05-04-2012, 08:41 AM
I believe the sunroof has some sort of lithium grease installed from the factory to assist in sliding and avoid corrosion. I would avoid over cleaning the tracks in fear of removing this grease.

XK N00b
05-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I used the old Super Contra code from Nintendo....up down, up down, left right, left right, select start and now it's working! I appreciate the help. I actually just held each button by itslef for about 5 seconds until it recaliberated.

LMAO :D

Btw, mine rattles and annoys the crap out of me. It's the accordion shaped plastic piece on the passenger side. Grr

The_War_Wagon
05-07-2012, 04:56 AM
I believe the sunroof has some sort of lithium grease installed from the factory to assist in sliding and avoid corrosion. I would avoid over cleaning the tracks in fear of removing this grease.

I NOTED that! DIDN'T mess with the tracks - just waxing the body work and Armor-All'ing the seals! :cool: