PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2012

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Matt
12-31-2012, 08:00 PM
I have smacked that 4XG front guard A LOT.... i might take those brackets off when I replace my sway bar bushings and see if there's some excess load being transferred into the radiator support after all the impacts they've taken offroad. One of those could be acting like a high compression spring now.

Gulf550
12-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Love those lights on the bumper. Which ones did you get and how bright are they? I assume they are brighter than Hella 500's.

They are the dually D2s. Absolutely love them. Most of my wheeling happens at night. The pair of dually D2s are bright, it's kinda like driving around with your high beams on. But the light bar is like having the sun on your roof. It's awesome.

Matt
12-31-2012, 08:16 PM
One of those light bars is on my wish list! I'd love to see one in person..... it's hard to grasp how bright they are even by pictures. I have a feeling most pics dont do them justice

Gulf550
12-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Your right, pictures don't do it justice.

07JeepXK
01-01-2013, 05:53 AM
Installed my SA Secure Console last night.

Sal-XK
01-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Pics don't do it justice man that thing is sick it's so bright and the best part is the low amp draw.

1USMC
01-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Well this didn't happen today, but my wife surprised me with some LED off road lights from rigid industries, 40" E-series light bar and a pair of dually D2s.

Very nice X3 , After seeing your Defender rack over a year ago I ordered mine over 8 months ago. Still hasn't came in.. :-( I have the single row 40 inch, pair of dually D2's and a few others for scene lighting for the sides and rear sitting waiting for its arrival. I will also hook them up to an emergency flasher.

I'd love to see your 40" E series light up !

redrockv8
01-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Installed an Interstate 72 month battery. I still had the original Mopar in my 07 and don't like to wait for things to fail.

hoaxci5
01-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Traded it in yesterday on a Town and Country minivan.. good and bad day, lots of memories in the short 2 years that I owned my XK, but man it felt like it was in the shop more than on the road. I'll be sticking around though and meeting up with the east coast members at RC on a fairly regular basis it seems with my XJ.

LWM
01-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Traded it in yesterday on a Town and Country minivan.. good and bad day, lots of memories in the short 2 years that I owned my XK, but man it felt like it was in the shop more than on the road. I'll be sticking around though and meeting up with the east coast members at RC on a fairly regular basis it seems with my XJ.

Maybe it's time you get more XJ's in here and start a group for them!

Matt
01-23-2013, 08:16 PM
You better keep hanging around Jacob. Looking for some more family gtg's too!

hoaxci5
01-23-2013, 08:33 PM
You better keep hanging around Jacob. Looking for some more family gtg's too!

You guys are driving here though :)

Matt
01-23-2013, 08:35 PM
You guys are driving here though :)

Still waiting for the invite to the house warming!

Adondo
03-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Got the 30" bar yesterday. It does change the looks a lot. I'm so used to those round HID's that were one of the first things I installed, that it almost looks strange to me now. It does modernize it though. You can see a lot more grill now too.
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/03/IMG_4256-1.jpg

Lit.
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/03/IMG_4258-1.jpg

Why I REALLY like the Totron's extruded aluminum casing and its sliding mounting system. Try putting that light onto that existing HID bracket with the usual Ridged light's end mounts. You'd have to fabricate a large U bracket. It's a cinch with the Totron's bracket setup.
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/03/IMG_4263-1.jpg

Another view.
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/03/IMG_4264-1.jpg

Adondo
03-01-2013, 11:32 AM
It's BRIGHT to say the least. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING out front is lit, even the tops of 40' trees.

In the caving world, such lighting is said to be a "comforting level" of light. It may be more than one light in a caving system, but the phrase "comforting level" means enough light to light up the floor, walls, ceiling, and push back the "dead black void" of the cave tube leading away from you to at least its next corner. That's what the LED light bars do, it lights up everything within 270 degrees of the front of the rig. And, by everything, I also mean every teeny-tiny pebble and rock in the pavement ahead for at least 1,000 feet.

It's also a lot better than the HID's because when they follow the high beams, they're on NOW, not 30 seconds later after they've fully ramped up.

And, run the lower bar and the upper bar together? OMG it's high noon in front of you.

pjmjr508
03-01-2013, 04:55 PM
looking great