PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent ABS/ESP/Traction Control Light

BonesWK
05-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Ok Guys, im a bit lost as to my issue.

Ive been having this issue for the last month, I will be driving a longer distance, maybe 30 minutes+ highway and all my ABS/ESP and TC light come on with the "Service 4x4" in the evic. The jeep drives fine the whole time until I stop and turn it off at my destination. Now when I go to leave, turn the jeep on, the lights are still lit, then after running up to 5mph (when the sensors turn on) all the lights disappear. No codes at all before and after.

Things I have done

Put Dielectric Grease on the ABS Sensors - 2 weeks ago
Changed Ignition Switch -last week (had the whole dash light up issue for a while)

Symptoms of a sensor going bad maybe?

Matt
05-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Do you have the superchips programmer? Could pull the tcase code with that.

BonesWK
05-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Do you have the superchips programmer? Could pull the tcase code with that.

Nah, no SC, but I am thinking more and more, that is going to be my next purchase... seems to help cure a lot of small issues as well as pull codes

Lt_JWS
05-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Key dance trick wont tell you the code??

TrialByFire
05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
I get the ESP/BAS lights a lot after wheeling then getting back on the pavement. It seems to be related to low tire pressure. After I air back up to 35 psi, the warnings go off after a few miles.

Matt
05-11-2012, 04:43 AM
Key dance trick wont tell you the code??

Forgot about that!

See if you get any codes with the key dance

BonesWK
05-11-2012, 06:18 AM
no codes fellas. Lights will be on with no codes. Then quickly go away.

I think I need to get a volt meter and check each of these sensors to see if one is going bad

Matt
05-11-2012, 06:22 AM
Key dance might only give P000 codes.

BonesWK
05-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Ive pulled U codes with the key dance when my ignition switch was bad, but I cant clear them without the superchips etc.