PDA

View Full Version : OME Lift??

bncrshr77
05-15-2012, 08:53 AM
I've looked through the for sale section with no luck.. RockyRoad is out of stock.. Anyone know where I can get my hands on an OME HD front/rear springs and the struts? Thanks..

Matt
05-15-2012, 09:16 AM
PM Jon (knappster)... his business, Steel Armadillo, is a distributor

LWM
05-15-2012, 04:22 PM
PM Jon (knappster)... his business, Steel Armadillo, is a distributor

We do sell this set up and I will try to match any price you find if possible (I don't get the column discounts that some big dealers get). I am currently at The Ultimate Jeep Summit so I would not be able to get this out until I return if you are interested.

bncrshr77
05-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Just sent you a PM... I'm interested..

Ross
05-15-2012, 06:50 PM
I will be looking into buying the same setup soon. Does Steel Armadillo sell a front strut leveling spacer?

LWM
05-15-2012, 07:15 PM
I will be looking into buying the same setup soon. Does Steel Armadillo sell a front strut leveling spacer?

I don't think you need the spacer with the OME kit, but yes we do sell a 1/4 spacer that gives .5" of lift.

LWM
05-15-2012, 07:15 PM

I don't think you need the spacer with the OME kit, but yes we do sell a 1/4 spacer that gives .5" of lift.

Ross
05-15-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm going to run it on top of the OME strut for more lift. I will be sure to go through Steel Armadillo after I get some graduation money haha :D

LWM
05-15-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm going to run it on top of the OME strut for more lift. I will be sure to go through Steel Armadillo after I get some graduation money haha :D

Thanks for the support.

cprokopf
06-11-2012, 02:25 PM
My V6 WK currently has the RR 2" spacer lift with the F-150 MLL on the rear. I really like the current stance since I added the MLL in the rear. I am planning on ordering the OME extended shock this week but now I'm wondering if I should also replace my front springs with the OME springs. Is the addition of the springs worth the investment and work? I've never replaced springs, is it a fairly easy project? Any advise would be appreciated.

07JeepXK
06-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Hands down.., yes it's worth it!

cprokopf
06-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Can you give any details on why it's worth it? Also, how difficult is the project? Lastly, what is the difference between front OME springs & shocks versus OME struts? I honestly don't wheel my Jeep but I like to know that I can if I ever wanted.

Matt
06-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Honestly if you currently like the ride, don't plan on offroading a lot and don't plan on adding a lot of weight from skids/bumpers/etc... then putting the OME HD springs really isn't worth it.

But if you notice the front end sagging, want to firm up the ride, plan on adding weight and traversing rough terrain; then they OME springs are definitely worth it while you're tearing down the front end to change the struts.

Disassembling the strut is not "difficult", but it is very dangerous. If you've never done one before, I highly recommend having a friend walk you through it (especially if you're putting the OME HD springs in because the preload is outrageous). A lot of guys end up just bringing their struts to a shop and having them rebuilt there; a shop will have a quality spring compressor that makes the job easy as cake.

stites-xk
06-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Disassembling the strut is not "difficult", but it is very dangerous. If you've never done one before, I highly recommend having a friend walk you through it (especially if you're putting the OME HD springs in because the preload is outrageous). A lot of guys end up just bringing their struts to a shop and having them rebuilt there; a shop will have a quality spring compressor that makes the job easy as cake.

Really dangerous make sure you get could coil spring compressors, and make sure they are on there good like Matt said especially the OME springs. I was surprised at the preload they had.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bncrshr77
06-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Well, my lift is here so almost time to instal it!! Does anyone happen to have a list handy of the torque specs for the install? 06 Commander... Thanks!

Matt
06-12-2012, 10:23 AM
If no one gets to it beforehand shoot me a PM if I haven't responded by 10:30ish.... working on a final exam after work today and usually call it quits around 10.

07JeepXK
06-13-2012, 02:02 PM
What lift did you go with???

bncrshr77
06-13-2012, 08:57 PM
The OME 2" HD...

07JeepXK
06-14-2012, 06:09 AM
The OME 2" HD...

Good Choice!!!!

cprokopf
06-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the info. You guys just supported exactly what i thought. I will probably just go with the new OME struts for now.