PDA

View Full Version : Flashlight mounts

Matt
05-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Going to pick up some maglight mounts for the XK today. Thinking one in the cargo area and one near/on the dash.

Do you guys have flashlights mounted inside?

Adondo
05-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Yup. I have a Fenix TK-40 right by the driver's door on a set of Maglight mounts. That light puts out a whopping 600+ lumens!!

http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=41

Sal-XK
05-31-2012, 08:10 PM
I have mounted in the back

Matt
05-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Swung by Lowe's and.... no mag-lite clips! C'mon!

Sal-XK
05-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Swung by Lowe's and.... no mag-lite clips! C'mon!

I checked every store I could and no one carried them. I finally just gave up and ordered them on line. Radio shack tractor supply northern tools home depot lowes walmart no one had them.

LWM
05-31-2012, 09:29 PM
I checked every store I could and no one carried them. I finally just gave up and ordered them on line. Radio shack tractor supply northern tools home depot lowes walmart no one had them.

Guess I should add this item to my long list.

pjmjr508
06-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Mine is mounted in the back. I got the mounts from amazon for cheap. Once I get the XK back I will take some pics & post.

IamJEEP
06-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Kinda off track but, do people still use Maglights with all these new LED lights out on the market? I forget the name of the one I have (which I need to mount if I can find ring mounts) but it's bright as hell. Sal, might remember how bright it was when ahem....I had to change a flat.

Let's see some mounted/mount pics!!!11

Matt
06-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I have a tiny high powered flashlight that my buddy who's in the special forces gave me for Christmas. It's so bright that it literally blinds someone for a good 15-20 seconds by design. I always have that on me.... but I like my 4 or 5 cell mag light in the vehicle; somewhat as a self-defense weapon in addition to a flashlight.

IamJEEP
06-02-2012, 07:47 PM
I have a tiny high powered flashlight that my buddy who's in the special forces gave me for Christmas. It's so bright that it literally blinds someone for a good 15-20 seconds by design. I always have that on me.... but I like my 4 or 5 cell mag light in the vehicle; somewhat as a self-defense weapon in addition to a flashlight.

Good point on that..... I have a few other items to fit that role tho. :p

Mine actually is a rechargeable led light that can be charge in the car or in your house. A lot of people do not like the rechargeable lights 'cause they don't last, but the one I have lasts for months if not used. It's been in the side pocket for at least 6 months now without use and I bet it will light up the parking lot! LOL.

Matt
06-02-2012, 07:49 PM
There's also an LED conversion kit for the mag-lite.... been considering giving that a try.

IamJEEP
06-02-2012, 07:52 PM
There's also an LED conversion kit for the mag-lite.... been considering giving that a try.

Been there, done that. I believe it does not allow for beam adjustment after the conversion. So, if that is a feature that you want....then don't do the conversion. Otherwise, it works pretty good.

Matt
06-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Damn really? Thanks for the heads up... i'll leave it as is!

criket
06-03-2012, 03:56 AM
I have a Mag lite that has the LED bulb in it, I believe. It came from Wal-Mart and was ~$35. It is VERY bright. It blinds people for several seconds. Of course, there are brighter lights out there but I have no need to start a fire with my Mag lite or permanetly damage peoples retinas, LOL.

NeilSmith
06-03-2012, 11:55 AM
thats just it, the mag-lite is just not as popular as it once was. they just cant compete with the intensity of a nice surefire. that being said, i still have my maglite, it fits perfectly in the front door panel cubby.

LWM
06-03-2012, 03:32 PM
i still have my maglite, it fits perfectly in the front door panel cubby.

That is where I keep mine too.

IamJEEP
06-04-2012, 06:23 AM
thats just it, the mag-lite is just not as popular as it once was. they just cant compete with the intensity of a nice surefire. that being said, i still have my maglite, it fits perfectly in the front door panel cubby.

Thats where mine lives, but it slides around a bit. Been wanting to mount it for a while now.

pjmjr508
06-04-2012, 12:15 PM
my Maglite is a 4 cell LED so its the best of both worlds. I'm very happy with it.

Adondo
06-05-2012, 02:38 PM
I have a brightguy.com order coming... soon. It was sent the 29th, and has been sitting for two days in Federal Way. (Across the mountains from here) I've noticed in the last couple of months, my eBay and whatever stuff just c...r...a...w...l...s. Hopefully, I'll have it tonight, but we'll see. The U.S.P.S. and their stupid budget cuts have done nothing but make mail take three times as long to get somewhere. :mad:

Anyway, one of the items is this: http://www.brightguy.com/TerraLUX/TerraLUX+MiniStar+31M-EX+LED+Conversion+Kit

A 1,000 lumen Maglight conversion kit. Mom keeps a 4D Mag by her bed. I've long since tossed the lightbulb, but it's maybe 150 lumens with one of those little LED conversion bulbs. This baby should make a virtual flame thrower out of it.

I like my Fenix TK40 because it's not quite as long as a 2D Maglight. There's not enough room by the driver's door for anything longer.

The_War_Wagon
06-12-2012, 01:09 PM
I just toss 'em down into those open spaces in the door!