PDA

View Full Version : AC Drain Plug

mrnavy2
06-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Guys and Gals, I have a 08 Commander Limited 4.7. I noticed that I have no water under my XK when running the AC.. I did notice that the passanger side floor is just alittle dam. I am thinking that my AC Drain Plug is clog. I have read different places the plug might be, but does anyone know for sure where on the 08 it would be.. Thanks Steve...

Matt
06-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Do you have a sunroof? With the rain we've been getting it's possible your sunroof drains are clogged which is VERY common for these vehicles.

We can take care of that when we do your plugs and also check the seals for the door wiring that Sal (i believe) also had an issue with.

If i remember correctly, the AC drains above the trans. So the "good ol days" of blasting some air in there to clean it out are gone.... but I haven't heard of many people having the AC line backup.

mrnavy2
06-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks Mat. Yes i have Sun roof but there is no leak there. We will talk at the meeting tommorrow.

Matt
06-08-2012, 09:38 PM
You won't know if those lines are clogged unless the floor boards are wet. i'll explain in a few hours at the meeting :)

criket
06-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I have also heard of the heater core thing leaking behind the glove box. Might want to look at that also.

BTW, go ahead if you haven't and clean the rain grooves, drain, or whatever around your doors and sunroof (if equipped). That way, you will know for sure that it isn't coming from above.