PDA

View Full Version : The night from hell

fireemt371
06-13-2012, 03:41 AM
So yesterday i noticed the check engine light come on so i ran the code u1411. Its a 6 cyl with 86k so its a light on big deal. Get on the interstate for a 3 hr ride go to set the cruise control and holy shnikies it accelerated like a bat out of hell. When i finally get to where im going i park and go inside for some bs training class. 2 1/2 hours later walk out to head home and when i opened the door bam water comes rushing out, all the windows were shut and water didnt make it inside the sill but still last night was nit a good night for the commander.

BonesWK
06-13-2012, 05:11 AM
So yesterday i noticed the check engine light come on so i ran the code u1411. Its a 6 cyl with 86k so its a light on big deal. Get on the interstate for a 3 hr ride go to set the cruise control and holy shnikies it accelerated like a bat out of hell. When i finally get to where im going i park and go inside for some bs training class. 2 1/2 hours later walk out to head home and when i opened the door bam water comes rushing out, all the windows were shut and water didnt make it inside the sill but still last night was nit a good night for the commander.

so where did the water come from?

fireemt371
06-13-2012, 05:55 AM
so where did the water come from?

Heavy rains last night. Came out from inside door but interior was 100% dry

BonesWK
06-13-2012, 07:51 AM
wow dude, thats crazy. I mean water sometimes trickles out of my door after rain, but nothing like rushing water.

fireemt371
06-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Yea theres a recall on the door seals so im going to bitch about that. As far as the cruise control goes seems like im not the only person with the issue but no recall so im going to have to fix that. Hopefully i get thks straightened out

06JeepXKHEMI
06-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Ive noticed that after a rain or even washing her down, when I open the drivers door it seems to hold alot of water on the sill, is that what you are referring to?

criket
06-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Ive noticed that after a rain or even washing her down, when I open the drivers door it seems to hold alot of water on the sill, is that what you are referring to?

I think he is because mine does the exact same thing.

DetroitMarauder
06-13-2012, 09:25 AM
I think he is because mine does the exact same thing.

Mine too but it's worse on the passenger side. Good to know I'm not alone.

06JeepXKHEMI
06-13-2012, 10:59 AM
I guess its not that big of a deal if it doesnt get inside but im wondering if eventually if water continues to accumulate and sit there we all will have problems down the road, especially us where our roads become salt flats during winter months...

fireemt371
06-13-2012, 11:34 AM
That is my concern where i live they love salting roads.

06JeepXKHEMI
06-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Well being back in NY coming from Fla for sometime, when I lived up here before I used to wax the door jams every change of season as preventative, this seemed to do the trick on the ZJs.. Im extremely OCD so its not a major concern but is one the least.. Keep us updated on recall, if there is a fix until then ill continue to clean area and rid of water/debris..

NeilSmith
06-13-2012, 04:08 PM
the water running down into your shoes when you open the door is absolutely normal. they just hold water there but it doesnt get inside. dont worry about that, just remember when you open the door after a good rain.

Sal-XK
06-13-2012, 08:49 PM
the water running down into your shoes when you open the door is absolutely normal. they just hold water there but it doesnt get inside. dont worry about that, just remember when you open the door after a good rain.

Mine doesn't do this I wonder where the water is going instead LOL

06JeepXKHEMI
06-14-2012, 05:46 AM
I dont have any water inside, knock on wood.. i always keep in mind after a rain that when i open the door, dont have my feet anywhere near it!!!

DetroitMarauder
06-14-2012, 06:09 AM
I learned a while ago, my wife on the other hand still gets a free foot wash on a regular basis.

Holaday07 4.7
06-14-2012, 02:12 PM
I used Silicone and sealed both sides of the door seals. No water inside now, and no free foot wash either. Dont know if it would help or not, but it fixed mine