PDA

View Full Version : Two codes Today

stites-xk
06-14-2012, 07:10 AM
I was driving last night and my xk through some codes. C140f and P2317. Any advice would be helpful thanks.

07JeepXK
06-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Found this online:

Trouble Code: P2317
Ignition Coil No. 6 Secondary Circuit Insufficient Ionization
Possible Causes:

* Intermittent condition
* Cylinder No. 6 spark plug or wire is damaged or it has failed
* Ignition Coil No. 6 is damaged or it has failed
* Ignition coil control circuit is open or shorted to ground

C140F(transfer case range position sensor; erratic performance). Check connector for this condition and repair as necessary. Actuator replacement may be necessary in some conditions.

stites-xk
06-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks man. I understand the first one, but were would i check on the tcase? Also what am i looking for on the tcase?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BonesWK
06-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks man. I understand the first one, but were would i check on the tcase? Also what am i looking for on the tcase?

Looks like it may be some electrical connector on the actual TC, look for wires leading to the TC. But thats just my guess

Matt
06-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Disconnect the transfercase motor harness, clean all the leads with spray on electronics cleaner, put some dielectric grease on it and plug it back in.

If the code comes back there's a few other things you can check with a multimeter.

stites-xk
06-14-2012, 10:00 AM
ok thanks well do tonight hopefully thats it.

07JeepXK
06-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Im surprised you dont have a misfire code for cylinder 6 if the coil is possibly bad. I would probably just pull the coil for the cylinder and check it out. Maybe swap it with a different cylinder and see if it pops a code for the cylinder you swap it to. If so just replace that coil and you will be good to go.

stites-xk
06-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Im surprised you dont have a misfire code for cylinder 6 if the coil is possibly bad. I would probably just pull the coil for the cylinder and check it out. Maybe swap it with a different cylinder and see if it pops a code for the cylinder you swap it to. If so just replace that coil and you will be good to go.

Im surprised as well. Im going to swap it around tonight

Matt
06-14-2012, 11:13 AM
It might be misfiring but not enough to set a hard code. Did you use a scanner or just to the key dance? A decent scanner would also let you view "pending" codes.

stites-xk
06-14-2012, 01:55 PM
It might be misfiring but not enough to set a hard code. Did you use a scanner or just to the key dance? A decent scanner would also let you view "pending" codes.

I used my superchip flashpaq

Matt
06-14-2012, 02:16 PM
I think theres an option to see pending codes with that.

stites-xk
06-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Cool I'll check it out. Thanks for all the help guys. No wonder i like this forum so much.