PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day 2012

Sal-XK
06-17-2012, 08:17 PM
So what did guys get or do for fathers day. If you have no kids what did you get or do for your father.

I got another fishing shirt I love these things but they ain't cheap there sweat wicking, SPF 50 protection, quick drying convert from long to short sleeve. There the best thing to be standing in the sun all day wearing. Then we went out the to eat. :D

LWM
06-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Watched movies at home with the family.

Thor, Hulk & Black Night!

pjmjr508
06-17-2012, 10:25 PM
wife & 3 yro son made me french toast & then just relaxed at home with the family. No gifts this round. Fine by me, with a newborn less than a month old.

06JeepXKHEMI
06-18-2012, 05:52 AM
No kids for me, got pops an impact driver and impact wrench- he says he's getting to old to change wheels and work on the cars by hand- Then just hung out and bbq'd for dinner and watched the HEAT victory!! great day for a great man

BonesWK
06-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Went fishing with my dad, out on the water all day - it was nice.
https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Im going to be a dad in the next 2 months, so my wife got me an "almost fathers day gift". Some bow ties! Dont knock em.
https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Matt
06-18-2012, 06:35 AM
My fathers day present was the RC crawler I posted the other build thread about.

Yesterday I took my dad offroading for his first time. Brought him to Rausch Creek and had him drive the XK over some pretty rough stuff. It was great having him finally see offroading from my perspective (he always gave me a hard time about it) and he had a blast. Stopped for a good BBQ dinner on our way home.

06JeepXKHEMI
06-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Ive got to get out to Rausch Creek or somewhere soon.. Ive been dying to take the XK offroad just havent had the time.. Maybe sometime in August or September, would say July but Ill be on a cruise for a week..

NeilSmith
06-18-2012, 04:17 PM
got a pair of shorts and a shirt plus a $30 gift card to Bass Pro Shop from my wife and daughter. check this out though. my buddy Tommy got two tickets to the Motley Crue / Kiss show in northern VA July 20th. he staking me with him !! it will be my 10th time seeing motley, first time for Kiss. he has never been to a rock show, only a couple of country shows. its gonna be a blast. i predict two very sore heads the next morning ( if all goes well ) :)

Budasac
06-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I was just a wee bit hung-over yesterday, but I got a waffle maker from the kids(wife). So of course, we had to make waffles! Then a nap was in order. After that just chilled with the kids in the yard. Laziest Sunday I've had in long time.

BonesWK
06-19-2012, 06:57 AM
got a pair of shorts and a shirt plus a $30 gift card to Bass Pro Shop from my wife and daughter. check this out though. my buddy Tommy got two tickets to the Motley Crue / Kiss show in northern VA July 20th. he staking me with him !! it will be my 10th time seeing motley, first time for Kiss. he has never been to a rock show, only a couple of country shows. its gonna be a blast. i predict two very sore heads the next morning ( if all goes well ) :)

friggin sweet man!

The_War_Wagon
06-20-2012, 06:29 AM
I got a hard time from my wife & kids... of course, I get that EVERY day... Does that count? 1356

Sal-XK
06-20-2012, 06:41 AM
I got a hard time from my wife & kids... of course, I get that EVERY day... Does that count? 1356

LOL well at least you got something I guess.

ScorpionCrawler
06-20-2012, 08:05 AM

Now that's funny...

I got a waterproof enclosure that will hold my cell phone and wallet with a teather strap for my Yak along with a larger lure case for Yak fishing. Rain and HIGH winds Sunday so I didn't get out but we threw the case in the pool and it worked.