PDA

View Full Version : mygig

06JeepXKHEMI
06-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Does anyone know if the mygig navigation unit would work in a 2006 Commander?? Since my Garmin was stolen in wonderful Atlantic City :mad:, Id like to get an indash navigation unit obviously comparing factory equipment with aftermarket, I really like the mygig.. Or if anyone would suggest an aftermarket piece with bluetooth..

pjmjr508
06-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know if the mygig navigation unit would work in a 2006 Commander?? Since my Garmin was stolen in wonderful Atlantic City :mad:, Id like to get an indash navigation unit obviously comparing factory equipment with aftermarket, I really like the mygig.. Or if anyone would suggest an aftermarket piece with bluetooth..

I don't know for sure, but if I remember right I have heard of someone doing this with out any issue, but can't confirm it.

lekmedm
06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
I believe you'll need the Lockpick (http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm) to install the MyGig in an '06 or '07 XK.

06JeepXKHEMI
06-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Im wondering after looking at cost of mygig if aftermarket is a better way to go?!?! any suggestions from people with upgraded navi?

Sal-XK
06-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Im wondering after looking at cost of mygig if aftermarket is a better way to go?!?! any suggestions from people with upgraded navi?

Aftermarket is way better don't put the stock system back in. I've seen some guys put some pretty cool stuff in I'm sure they'll chime in on that.