PDA

View Full Version : ORV Rescue Club?

Matt
06-26-2012, 06:05 AM
So this was just a random thought I had that, with some participation, may be kind of fun and a bit different.

For a while I've been thinking of putting a decal on my hood/fender area, but never had the ambition to think about what to do. My interest was re-sparked when I saw a picture where a member put RUBICON on his fender and it looked good. (he's not a member here so I don't want to steal his picture, but im sure you get the idea).

So I've been brainstorming ideas and came up with :
ORV RESCUE-01

Obviously shorthand for Off-Road-Vehicle Rescue vehicle #1. Then I thought, why not make mini-club out of it for TUJ??

I've since been coming up with a "requirements" list. Of course it would mostly be merit based... but I think the requirements are simple enough to have just about anyone here qualify.

Each member would get their own number. For example the next member would be "ORV RESCUE-02". There would be no number overlaps, and we will have an official list with a picture of each vehicle in the first post of the thread.

Some requirements (+/- pending input)
1) Must be TUJ Member
2) Must offroad a minimum of 2x per year
3) Must carry tow strap(s) at all time - on & offroad
4) Must carry 1st-aid kit at all times - on & offroad
5) Must have minimum of 1 tow point

And then a list of recommended gear like OBA, flares, jumper cables, shovel, D-rings, etc, etc.

I also think this would be a good way to promote the nature of TUJ... which is primarily Modifying, Offroading & Helping our fellow enthusiasts.

Thoughts??

TrialByFire
06-26-2012, 07:07 AM
I like it! But how about SFA RESCUE-01? :cool:

06JeepXKHEMI
06-26-2012, 07:21 AM
I like this idea alot!! When I had my Nissan 240sx, my club had a decal we all put on, however since we all didnt like the look of a badge up car, we created a "ghost" decal so you wouldnt see from all angles it looked really cool and Matt if I can find the picture my buddy had a white 240 with a grey "ghost" emblem which looked awesome!!

Matt
06-26-2012, 07:23 AM
I was thinking we'd have a standard size/font/location and then everyone can get their own custom colors.... make it as noticeable as they desire.

Matt
06-26-2012, 07:26 AM
I like it! But how about SFA RESCUE-01? :cool:

I don't want to single out anyone..... we'll save them all lol. :)

07JeepXK
06-26-2012, 07:46 AM
So how would we decide who's who? Meaning who gets what number?

Matt
06-26-2012, 08:04 AM
The order you join. Ill make a thread and when you've met the requirements you post up.... you can include pictures, a story, whatever you want. Ill then add you to a spreadsheet that ill host on my dropbox and assign you the next number in sequence.

We can have a stickie thread that is a list of members with a picture of their rig and a link to the joining thread. Once you get your decal on you can email me the pic and ill add it to the first post of said thread.

Matt
06-26-2012, 08:12 AM
We may also want to have the standard decal size different for XK & WK body differences.

stites-xk
06-26-2012, 09:14 AM
I like it.I'm in.

Pixelcodex
06-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Since I am but bone stock and really do not have a lot of offroad experience (at least on a truck) I might be one of the rescuees when I do. I can contribute by making the decal for you guys. Just give me a reference of what you want it to look like, and I will come up with something.

07JeepXK
06-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Im pretty sure I meet all of the requirements...lol

Matt
06-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Cool. Looks like theres some real interest.

It doesn't matter if you're bone stock.... these vehicles are very capable off-road even in stock form. The goal is to promote offroading and also advance the practice of being "prepared".. hence why two of my recommendations are a first aid kit and tow strap at all times. Both of these items have come in handy during normal daily driving. Throw some basic rescue equipment in the back of the Jeep, go wheeling twice a year and join! In the end its all in good fun..... And a bit more rewarding that something like "I'm in the white Jeep club because I have a white Jeep" :)

I'm not sure if its possible, but I'd like my decal to have grey lettering that's outlined in blue and red numbers. Otherwise I may just do grey letters with red numbers.

Matt
06-26-2012, 11:06 AM
And this is open to recommendations. .... should we set the bar higher? More requirements for supplies, like CB, off-road jack of some kind, etc? More than 2 wheeling trips?

07JeepXK
06-26-2012, 11:06 AM
All white letters would work for me.

Matt
06-26-2012, 11:11 AM
When I'm kicking back tonight after work ill setup the threads and excel sheet so we can get the ball rolling, numbers assigned and decals ordered. :)

06JeepXKHEMI
06-26-2012, 11:35 AM
By adding more requirements I think it sort of takes away from the fun of it. The basics I think are perfect since us "newbies" can all participate. Maybe for the more advanced, you can set a different decal, like chief or captain or something high ranking showing your level of insanity, I mean commitment hahaha

Sal-XK
06-26-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm in of course :) and currently meet the requirements but I think they should be tougher. The harder to get in the more pride there is but don't make it so hard only 5 of us can make it in. I think a cb is a must even just for running any trail. Extra lights maybe also think the recovery points should be minimum front and rear.

pjmjr508
06-26-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm in & meet all requirements as is now & still building on to it

Pixelcodex
06-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Cool. Looks like theres some real interest.

It doesn't matter if you're bone stock.... these vehicles are very capable off-road even in stock form. The goal is to promote offroading and also advance the practice of being "prepared".. hence why two of my recommendations are a first aid kit and tow strap at all times. Both of these items have come in handy during normal daily driving. Throw some basic rescue equipment in the back of the Jeep, go wheeling twice a year and join! In the end its all in good fun..... And a bit more rewarding that something like "I'm in the white Jeep club because I have a white Jeep" :)

I'm not sure if its possible, but I'd like my decal to have grey lettering that's outlined in blue and red numbers. Otherwise I may just do grey letters with red numbers.

This is moving faster than I expected. How about this?
It might be an issue for some people, as it might not pop off their vehicles.

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Matt
06-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Wow great input everyone!!

I think we'll keep it somewhat simple for 2012 since we're halfway through the year. I want to see these vehicles hitting the trails, there's enough rescue vehicles on pavement already. :p

For 2013 we'll up the anti and/or see about adding levels.... maybe stripes or stars to denote rank (hell most of you are current or retired military so that should be a good fit!)

This is moving faster than I expected. How about this?
It might be an issue for some people, as it might not pop off their vehicles.

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

That color scheme is exactly what I was thinking of, for my vehicle at least. Maybe a bit more aggressive of a font though?

And would it be easier/cheaper/better to Just do 2-3 standard colors to suit everyone? Each one will have a different number so I wasn't sure if it then mattered what colors we do since they'll be one-offs regardless....

07JeepXK
06-26-2012, 12:23 PM
I think that looks awesome. Not sure how the colors would look on my XK though. It would look good on matts XK.

Pixelcodex
06-26-2012, 12:37 PM
That color scheme is exactly what I was thinking of, for my vehicle at least. Maybe a bit more aggressive of a font though?

And would it be easier/cheaper/better to Just do 2-3 standard colors to suit everyone? Each one will have a different number so I wasn't sure if it then mattered what colors we do since they'll be one-offs regardless....

The font is the SRT font, so I figured it would go with the Jeeps, though maybe SRT is more for the road...
In terms of colors, you have the perfect vehicle, since most would pop off white. I have to look into producing these, but it would be better to come up with a universal color scheme so that we do not have to send out a lot of different files (usually printing places charge a setup fee, unless they get printed digitally).
I can come up with other options for the fonts, and in terms of colors, are people going to stick them on the body or the windows?

Sal-XK
06-26-2012, 12:38 PM
I think plain black would be ok with my jeep it won't stick out like white would but the black would be a better look. You know I love stickers :D but don't get to carried away with stars and stuff don't want my hood covered LOL

Pixelcodex
06-26-2012, 12:43 PM
I think plain black would be ok with my jeep it won't stick out like white would but the black would be a better look. You know I love stickers :D but don't get to carried away with stars and stuff don't want my hood covered LOL

I don't know, stars maybe. Rainbows is where I draw the line. LOL

Matt
06-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Location was going to be the side of the hood, like the Rubicon decal on the wranglers.

I didn't realize that was the SRT font... it seemed a bit more cartoonish. Ill have to look up some SRT pics.

LWM
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
I am in but I have one suggestion...

Use three digit numbers so that as we grow you will be consistant, so the first one should be ORV-001

And I want to be skiped so I can have ORV-007

Matt
06-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Lol I was going under the assumption we'll never be in the 3 digits (within the foreseeable future anyways)... as members leave we'd re-issue their numbers, or have the 100th person have the first 3 digit # if it ever happened.

But I see your alterior motive! Hahaha

Ross
06-26-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm in!

Matt
06-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Ok guys... so are we doing 3 digits? Gonna get this started in a few

stites-xk
06-26-2012, 03:45 PM
I like were this is going. I also like the sticker.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LWM
06-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Ok guys... so are we doing 3 digits? Gonna get this started in a few

I can live with two or three.

Matt
06-26-2012, 04:05 PM
I can live with two or three.

I'm just wondering how it'll look... im good with either but figured might as well see what everyone else thought :D

mrnavy2
06-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Im in, but i need to get my XK up to Par... Steve

Matt
06-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Don't worry Steve, you have 6 more months to qualify for the 2013 membership (you'll see what I mean in a minute... im working on the application thread) :D

ItsMeKO3
06-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Pretty sweet idea Matt!

Pixelcodex
06-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Location was going to be the side of the hood, like the Rubicon decal on the wranglers.

I think that if we are going to do it ala Rubicon on the side, it will need to be simpler, without outlines. What would be ideal is to have it in a semitransparent grey, so it will "adapt" to each members Jeep color. I have to look into this to see if there is such a vinyl. Keep in mind also that we do not have a plane on the hood that you can see from the side like the Wrangler. I will try to mock them up on an XK/WKnext time.

Matt
06-26-2012, 06:20 PM
This is what i was going for.... but am definitely up for suggestions (lol i think you're a lot better at this stuff than I)

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/06/ORVExample-1.jpg

Pixelcodex
06-26-2012, 06:26 PM
[QUOTE=Matt;32468]This is what i was going for.... but am definitely up for suggestions (lol i think you're a lot better at this stuff than I)

I guess I was just thinking about myself and the WK, and did not have the XK hood in mind. it works fine for the XK, not so for the WK...
I will mock something up tomorrow.

Matt
06-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Good point. For the WK it'd have to be along the top of the fender; which i believe is vertical enough to look good as well....

07JeepXK
06-26-2012, 07:07 PM
So does this mean we can't sport the sticker until 2013???

Matt
06-26-2012, 07:20 PM
So does this mean we can't sport the sticker until 2013???

You can sport the sticker as soon as you qualify.

It's a bit strange now since no-one has a sticker since its brand new. Basically once everyone has a sticker you'll just know you have to meet the requirements year after year to keep it "active" and stay on the list.

LWM
06-26-2012, 10:36 PM
I moved this discussion to the Socialization Section, If you feel there is a better place let me know.

If The club grows like I think it could we might make a section just for it.

Erk469
11-09-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm prior military and did search and rescue while in the Air Force. If anybody needs any help or wants to shoot any ideas by me just hit me up...I'm in the process of making up different fonts and colors for stickers, since no one jeep is the same color, I'm going to make quit a few of them and try and post them on here.

Matt
11-09-2012, 10:07 AM
I appreciate the sticker help!

Erk469
11-09-2012, 10:14 AM
No Problem

Erk469
11-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Here are some of them that I did this morning.1639

stites-xk
11-09-2012, 01:45 PM
I like #5

Matt
11-09-2012, 02:02 PM
I like the bottom one too!!

Erk469
11-09-2012, 02:02 PM
I can do just about any size, color and font..I just have to find somebody to do it. It shouldn't be a problem here in Boston. I will check around this weekend and next week to get prices.

Erk469
11-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I had to help somebody yesterday, in a snow storm, they wouldn't let me take pictures...this is the only one I have.
it was a Patriots football player...LMAO1641

Matt
11-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Thats what its all about man! How much would it suck to have a nice capable rig like this, find someone in need, and not have some basic equipment to help out?

Erk469
11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
The state troopers didn't have anything because it was a freak snow storm....LOL
Check out some of my gear that I have.
http://www.theultimatejeep.com/album.php?albumid=38

Erk469
11-09-2012, 02:41 PM
I think all of us that offroad, need to help out when we can. I mean most off us carry our gear in our rigs all year round, so why not lend a helping hand?

Matt
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Just checked out your pictures... that's a nice setup! We have to get together and hang out again soon. When are we putting your lift on?? :confused::)

Erk469
11-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I hope to order it on monday, wife willing....LOL

Matt
11-09-2012, 03:38 PM
lol i hear that! What one are you going with?

Erk469
11-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I might go with daystar, I have heard good reviews about it

Matt
11-09-2012, 04:04 PM
If your going to go budget boost, id recommend RC..... I've installed a bunch of them.

Erk469
11-09-2012, 04:05 PM
I didn't think about that, thanks for the info.

stites-xk
11-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Nice setup man!

Erk469
11-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks, it's work in progress

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

pjmjr508
11-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Nice setup

I like the last one as well

Matt
12-15-2012, 07:09 AM
Finally going to order my sticker. Not sure if its going on my fender or roof rack yet. I kind of like the fender position and keeping the wind deflector clean so it doesn't look like a billboard.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/12/GeckoRegularWhite_zpsb052dac8-1.png

07JeepXK
12-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Looks good. I wish those colors would go with my paint