PDA

View Full Version : HEMI Headers

06JeepXKHEMI
07-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Has anyone found a set of headers for the HEMI or know someone who is making them?!? Cant seem to find any on the internet..

pjmjr508
07-02-2012, 02:07 PM
GL on finding that, I have been looking for a while & can't find any either.

07JeepXK
07-02-2012, 06:50 PM
It seems all the HEMI Headers out there won't fit due to clearance issues in the engine compartment..

06JeepXKHEMI
08-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Well Im updating this after some research today.. I will be buying a set of headers for a GC srt8 and making them fit... They share the same heads so the fit should be right on with minor modifications. I got the idea from a guy who did this to his HEMI XK on jc.com along with cam and head work which will be getting done as well down the road. Adam has volunteered to help along with his buddy Jay, I will update everyone when I buy the headers, got a great deal from a guy Ive bought headers from before. Not sure if I can have this done before RC but will try.

06JeepXKHEMI
08-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Ive read some guys on SRT8 forum running the headers Im going for and they've got great reviews, will be tricky to see how the bolt up to stock cats/mids, maybe upgrading those wont be a bad idea.. I dont care how loud my beast gets, actually the louder the better. My XK is registered in Fla who has no emissions so thats not of concern either or legality of the sound, hahaha

Core XK
09-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Dude I cant wait to hear it!! Hopefully by RC!

06JeepXKHEMI
09-01-2012, 06:35 AM
I hope I can swing them by then would definitely make people wonder whats under the hood, it wont be quiet thats for sure!

Matt
09-01-2012, 07:29 AM
After hearing all your exhausts I'm kinda thinking super 44 for mine...

Core XK
09-01-2012, 08:25 AM
After hearing all your exhausts I'm kinda thinking super 44 for mine...

Do it.

Matt
09-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Check out the video on the flowmaster website for the 44.... its a hemi charger

Core XK
09-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Check out the video on the flowmaster website for the 44.... its a hemi charger

There is a youtube video out there with an XK with the 44 series I believe

06JeepXKHEMI
09-04-2012, 07:48 PM
So Ive got everything planned out, SRT8 long tube header kit with 3" mid pipes. The mid pipes are straight thru with no cats and I believe I will have issues with CELs, so Im ordering Magnaflow high flow cats to weld into mid pipes. Since this kit is made for an SRT8 Ill need a 3" y-pipe which Im also getting from magnaflow, this while allow me to use the current muffler I have. After the muffler there will be a str8 pipe deleting the rear resonator. Not sure when Ill be able to get everything bought and installed, however Ill have the cats and y pipe within the next mth. Let me know what you guys think, especially on running no cats, the SRT8 guys use a tuner to run no cats, not sure I want to run without cats..

Matt
09-04-2012, 07:58 PM
My 100% dead honest opinion is that you're doing a lot of work and money for mods that are going to get you minimal to no gains where you want/need them (low RPM) but some decent gains if you were taking your XK down the track. It's going to sound badass for sure.... but man, for an offroad truck you could put that money to much more applicable mods (CV axles, winch, etc).

With that off my chest....

With that said; The only part of your plan I really don't think is worthwhile is the magnaflow cats..... unless you're planning forced induction in the near future (which would be sweet... but then you'll really need upgraded axles! lol)

06JeepXKHEMI
09-05-2012, 05:03 AM
The total cost for this around $700, no where near CVs 2k. Ill never put a winch on my XK unless its behind the bumper and out of sight. I like a clean looking modded truck. As far as gains/hp, on paper it may not be much but keep in my I have a CAI, will be getting superchips before RC and then these mods. In the future an SRT8 intake manifold, tb, fuel rail and injectors will be going in, making this mod a necessity. Also, my CAI probably never increased my HP on paper, but she definitely accelerates better under normal and WOT conditions, better mpg and waaaaay better sound. If I werent getting the headers so cheap, $550 shipped, I wouldnt do it, high flow cats shipped Im getting for $140 and $35 y pipe.

Matt
09-05-2012, 05:11 AM
In my head I was seeing ~$1500 for everything you listed. $700 ain't bad, hell people almost spend that much for a bolt on cat-back.

I also pulled somewhat of a 'sal' last night. Finished working on my final exam (25+ hours of analysis) and needed a few hard drinks lol. So I was a bit blunted than normal! I love performance....hell I helped my buddy build a sick 10-second (ALL motor) camaro for racing super street where ever 1/2 HP increase matters. I just keep my love for high reving HP/speed mods separate from my off-road mods..... lol don't want to flip backwards going up a steep climb!! :)

06JeepXKHEMI
09-05-2012, 05:22 AM
Hahahaha I understand, I went into this build off doing both off roading and creating a Jeep that will shock people on the streets. I saw the bolt on magnaflow high flow cat/y pipe assembly, they want $675!!! for that and you wont see much from that. So looking at their "spun cat" high flow universal, Ill slap those right in between the straight mid pipes that come with the kit, giving me a 1 off kit that no XK has, which is my goal. Ultimately I plan on doing the SRT8 mods with a cam so Ill gain back what I lose in low RPM, which with the flashpaq I should be alright... Besides, who wouldnt want to hear my XK WOT in 4lo after this?!?!

Matt
09-05-2012, 05:30 AM
.. Besides, who wouldnt want to hear my XK WOT in 4lo after this?!?!

.....about those upgraded CV axles.....lol

06JeepXKHEMI
09-05-2012, 05:31 AM
So here is the mid pipes, cat and y pipe to show what I have planned...
Cut out area in the mid pipe for cats to get welded in, utilizes stock 02 so no CEL
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/09/78988290-1.jpg
High flow cat OBDII
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/09/31817b95-1.jpg
y pipe is needed to go into single inlet muffler
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/09/89a6d33c-1.jpg

06JeepXKHEMI
09-05-2012, 05:33 AM
.....about those upgraded CV axles.....lol

Id rather pay $60 and replace one then 2k and be broke for awhile!!!

Matt
09-05-2012, 05:45 AM
Id rather pay $60 and replace one then 2k and be broke for awhile!!!

Lol was just making the connection:
Modified Hemi + QDII + 4low + WOT = bye-bye-CV !

I would definitely add CVs to spare parts you should bring on wheeling trips after these mods. ;)

06JeepXKHEMI
09-05-2012, 06:17 AM
Done, I plan on purchasing before the next RC trip just in case...

Sal-XK
09-05-2012, 06:39 AM
I also pulled somewhat of a 'sal' last night. Finished working on my final exam (25+ hours of analysis) and needed a few hard drinks lol. So I was a bit blunted than normal :)

I resemble that remark I'm a blunt butt head with or with out some drinks. LOL

nice mods I like it bro and no matter how much HP you have you control how much goes to the ground. You can 500HP doesn't mean you use it all so need to be snapping CV's :D

06JeepXKHEMI
09-05-2012, 06:46 AM
I cant wait to get all this done, I got in touch with a guy this am from the SRT8 forum who does custom tuning so he will tune my car specifically for my mods and what I want to do. I hear ya on the CVs as they are of concern, but like TrialbyFire said a $60 replacement is more feasible than 2k!! And with the guys I wheel with Im sure they wouldnt mind a helping hand if I break one, cough Matt/Adam cough.. And hopefully Ill be meeting you Sal at the next RC trip!!!

lekmedm
09-05-2012, 06:58 AM
So here is the mid pipes, cat and y pipe to show what I have planned...
Cut out area in the mid pipe for cats to get welded in, utilizes stock 02 so no CEL
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/09/78988290-1.jpg
High flow cat OBDII
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/09/31817b95-1.jpg
y pipe is needed to go into single inlet muffler
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/09/89a6d33c-1.jpg

Please make sure to include part numbers and pricing for this project. That way, this thread will be a great resource for someone else in the future. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Core XK
09-05-2012, 07:05 AM
I cant wait to get all this done, I got in touch with a guy this am from the SRT8 forum who does custom tuning so he will tune my car specifically for my mods and what I want to do. I hear ya on the CVs as they are of concern, but like TrialbyFire said a $60 replacement is more feasible than 2k!! And with the guys I wheel with Im sure they wouldnt mind a helping hand if I break one, cough Matt/Adam cough.. And hopefully Ill be meeting you Sal at the next RC trip!!!

Yeah im with you on that one Andrew lol.....I do feel much safer wheelin' as a beginner with people who can fix just about anything :P

06JeepXKHEMI
09-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Please make sure to include part numbers and pricing for this project. That way, this thread will be a great resource for someone else in the future. :)

Will do, once I confirm which ones Im buying Ill post brands, part #s and costs..

07JeepXK
09-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I can swap in a spare cv axle of you need it in a matter of 30 min on the trail!!

Sal-XK
09-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I can swap in a spare cv axle of you need it in a matter of 30 min on the trail!!

Takes me longer then that in the garage LOL

07JeepXK
09-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Takes me longer then that in the garage LOL

Haha really?? Does that include alcohol/piss breaks??? A CV swap is easy my friend. I don't play around!! Especially when there is wheeling to be done.

Sal-XK
09-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Haha really?? Does that include alcohol/piss breaks??? A CV swap is easy my friend. I don't play around!! Especially when there is wheeling to be done.

Ahhhh beeeerrr yum

06JeepXKHEMI
09-05-2012, 11:15 AM

Hence the reason Im not worried about it!!! The good thing is I feel Adam is as excited to do my mods as I am and its great hahahaha Im seeing this project to be complete sometime Nov/Dec, depending on how much beer I drink at the STEELERS games Im going to, which will be a lot

06JeepXKHEMI
09-06-2012, 05:26 PM
After speaking with the tuner I was informed the HEMIs cats are already high flow spun cats so there is no need to purchase cats, good news for me!!