PDA

View Full Version : Any southerners other than me?

wrenchin hobo
07-30-2010, 09:48 AM
I know there has to be someone else other than just me.

NeilSmith
07-30-2010, 01:48 PM
American by birth, southern by the grace of God. Born in Tampa, Fl and moved to Charlottesville Va in 1980.

Sal-XK
07-30-2010, 04:21 PM
I wasn't born in the south but I got here as fast as I could and I ain't going back.

wrenchin hobo
07-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Sweet i'm not alone. Wish I could take some time off work to wheel with some of you guys. Seems like everyone in this area goes to SCORP which I'm not fond of or loads up and travels way out. I'm determined to make a trip to Big Bend next year for about a week in the fall. Have lots of mods planned before then.

Either of you guys make it out to Texas or Louisiana to do any camping/wheeling?

NeilSmith
07-30-2010, 05:18 PM
never been to either my self. love to go out to west texas some day

Sal-XK
07-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Been to Louisiana a couple of times for work can't say I'm a fan.

wrenchin hobo
07-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Careful Sal, I'm a born and raised Cajun...

Most places people go to in Louisiana isn't the pretty areas. You have to get off the beaten path and into some small towns or countryside to "experience" what cajun country is.

However, that said, she is a poor state and living in flat land all my life makes me dream of hilly terrain to play or live in. I wish I could have ended up close to Austin or something.

Sal, you ever need a tour guide for Louisiana please let me know.

J

redrockv8
07-31-2010, 01:24 PM
I live in Missouri but have been to Florida 10 times in the last 3 years...I love the South. Places like Mobile, Biloxi, Gulfport, New Orleans...I love cajun food and the people down South are the friendliest people you can meet.. It's hard to beat the beauty of the Emerald Coast.
HT

okiecommander
08-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Oklahoma City is now represented. Hit me up if you are anywhere close and wanna go on a run

wrenchin hobo
08-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Oklahoma City is now represented. Hit me up if you are anywhere close and wanna go on a run

I have a couple of cool pics from the last time I was in OKC...wife was working for Schlumberger and had us in the Marriot (sp?) for almost 2 months. And I was able to get a couple of shots of my Mark VIII next to new GT

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/08/DSCF0167-2.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/08/DSCF0168-3.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/08/DSCF0169-4.jpg

Unfortunately I never venture up that way now that I'm here in Hell....er Houston.

okiecommander
08-04-2010, 07:14 PM
I have to wonder what in the world that GT was doing out there? Somebody with a lot more money than me. Just posted some pics in my Garage. Check'em out

wrenchin hobo
08-04-2010, 07:20 PM
There was a medical conference there for a day or two. Several Porsche's, Bimmer's, and Mercedes in the parking lot. This dude just parked his junk in front of the door all day one day. Quite funny.

strokeZ
08-24-2010, 01:19 PM
hey there wrenchin - I'm here in Houston, TX (dirty side of the storm).....

wrenchin hobo
08-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Sweet, someone else that resides in Hell, er, ummm Houston!!! Where do you go wheeling around here? And you must show me some pics of the Z4. And if you need some go fast goodies for it (other than what you have) let me know I have an account with Road Sport Supply so there are lots of things I can get...course I can also get lots of performance stuff for the commander. But I'm not a supporting vendor here, so I'll shut up now.

J

superacerc
09-26-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm in Houston as well. Humble area.

strokeZ
10-26-2010, 02:36 PM
hey sorry wrenchin, forgot about this thread! Brazos Valley Off Road Ranch is probably the closest to us. There are a few out near Marble Falls as well. I have not been to BVORR yet so might be a good day trip. Yeah when I get some time to pull my head out of my A** I'll send you a few pics of the Z and the XK. The Z was a fun build (it was a mess when I got it). Pushing 300 hp w 250 ft lb of torque....woo hoo! Not bad for a 2900 lb and change car.

I am curious - what kind of performance stuff for the Commander can you get? I am trying to get that motor to push 320 to 350 hp but at my witts end finding parts (headers, free flow cats, etc.) I guess I really would like the torque more than the HP when it comes right down to it. Anyway - damn fine to know there are other folks in the area who use these things as god intended!!!!

wrenchin hobo
10-27-2010, 05:31 PM
you need to contact these guys.
http://www.krcperformance.com/

They carry lots of 4.7 parts for higher hp. I'm a hemi kinda guy as that's what I have the most experience with. There are camshafts available which are their midrange cams that offer 30 to 40 hp with a tune, 20 hp without a tune. There are also cold air intakes which will help and sullivan makes an intake and there is adapter plates to use to bolt and eaton m112 blower to your truck. Check it out here http://www.airram.com/parts.php?categoryid=855 That would be all the torque you ever need. Of course it's all in how much you're willing to spend and how much time you want to take to do the research. I'll help where I can, but 4.7 are a grey area for me.

Justin

strokeZ
10-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Pretty sweet gear Justin thanks! I will be calling these guys!

cico7
10-28-2010, 04:07 PM
too bad crzycajn isnt here.........he should be.

Ross
12-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Hey, I also live in this sauna we call houston lol. I usually just go offroading wherever there is mud or a future trail to be:p

wrenchin hobo
12-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Well that makes about 4 of us in h town. We need to get together for some wheeling.

Probably after the new year before I can get away, but yeah we need to get together!

strokeZ
12-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm down.....

1USMC
12-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Aloha all;
Thats kinda southern ain't it ??
I'm in SE Texas. May move in the next year or two to the Houston area.
2010, Limited. Will post more when I can get time !!...

strokeZ
12-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the forum! SE TX is kinda big!

1USMC
12-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Thank you, nice to be here!
I'm South of Corpus Christi. And yup It's big out here. Nothing but miles and miles of nothing,.....

superacerc
12-14-2010, 07:05 PM
I still plan on wheeling at the end of january. Everyone is invited and many have already said they are going. I've been out of town and haven't had time to be on the forum much but i'll keep everyone updated.