PDA

View Full Version : Paint Question

oleblue27
07-24-2012, 04:29 AM
Hey guys, I'm somewhat new on this forum, but not new on jeepcommander.com.
I've got a quick question. I've recently decided that I like my midnight blue jeep more than I thought, so I'm going to stick with this instead of repainting it. my question is, where can I take it to get it looking like new again? I've heard something about color sanding it and waxing the crap out of it but that is it. any suggestions? I'm trying to get it to look like it just came off the showroom floor! thanks in advance for your help!

Matt
07-24-2012, 04:48 AM
What kind of condition is the paint currently in? Are you trying to remove deep scratches or just freshen it up?

Sal-XK
07-24-2012, 05:28 AM
I would find a car detailer that has great rep or take it to a body shop if the paint is that bad of shape. Not all paint can be restored but you'd be surprised.

oleblue27
07-24-2012, 06:14 AM
it's got a decent amount of scratches and paint chips from bushes and trees.. I also hav 3 small BB gun dents in the side where some inconsiderate jerk shot it. I got quotes 30$ yesterday to touch those up so they won't rust, and about 650 for the full job.

like I said, I'm just trying to restore it to showroom finish, there aren't any deep scratches except for on the rear bumper where i don't even know what happened lol. it's 2WD and my daily driver/show car. not gona lie it's kind of a mall crawler, I have 4 wheelers for off road lol.

oleblue27
07-24-2012, 06:17 AM
basically just freshen it up.

NeilSmith
07-24-2012, 06:33 AM
go to the dealer and get some touch up paint, you can do it yourself. then find a good detailer. youd be surprised what an experianced detailer can do.

06JeepXKHEMI
07-24-2012, 06:37 AM
I used to do mobile detailing in college in Fla.. I nice high speed cut and buff would probably do the trick. Without seeing the paint in person its tough to say but anyone whose worth paying should be able to put some life back into it. For high speed buffing expect to pay $15-20/panel which should include compound/glaze/sealant in that order.