PDA

View Full Version : Happy with Boston?

Core XK
08-10-2012, 11:00 AM
I went from the 08 bone stock to 10 with much more including the premium sound from Boston. I am not sure about you guys but I love listening to my Pearl Jam loud when cruising alone in the XK :P

I remember with my 08 the system was pretty bad the louder the music became, and with Boston it is 100x times smoother and clear.

I think this is a pretty damn good sound system. My fiancee has a Bose HD system in her 2012 Camry and I can tell a small improvement especially when listening to talk shows.

AJeepZJ
08-10-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm glad you are enjoying your system. I always enjoyed the system I had in my Jeep - I had 3 different forms of listening entertainment until I got rid of my subsciption to Sirius radio, in addition to my IPOD and Slacker subscription for music. I didn't find out till yesterday that I have the boston acoustic upgrade in my Jeep until I went to Best Buy yesterday to have them swap out my rear-view camera.

Core XK
08-10-2012, 04:31 PM
lol that's funny. It was more noticable for me I guess going directly from the stock system to the Boston; it was knight and day. I also have the Sirius subscription but I may get rid of it due to only using it for Pearl Jam Radio lol....and I have ever single song downloaded to the GPS anyway :mad:

Sal-XK
08-10-2012, 06:08 PM
When I go from my Jeep to the wife's passat I can't believe the sound difference her's sounds 100x better then mine but I don't have the Boston either.

hoaxci5
08-10-2012, 06:21 PM
I've always been pretty into car audio stuff, and have been pretty happy with my boston system also, the only thing I did do was add a single 10" sub just to fill out the bottom end.

Core XK
08-10-2012, 06:32 PM
When I go from my Jeep to the wife's passat I can't believe the sound difference her's sounds 100x better then mine but I don't have the Boston either.

Yeah my fiances camry has the High Def. Bose system and there definitely is a noticable difference even from Boston Premium System.

I've always been pretty into car audio stuff, and have been pretty happy with my boston system also, the only thing I did do was add a single 10" sub just to fill out the bottom end.

I wouldn't mind adding an additional sub one day but it would definitely have to be completely hidden....I like the "stock" look :P

hoaxci5
08-11-2012, 06:43 AM
I just put a small enclosure in the foot area behind the drivers seat. I have twins still in car seats so its not really a loss of space.

criket
08-11-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm so disappointed with the sound system in mine that I haven't turned on the radio in over a year. I'd rather listen to the cb than to hear the crappy sound system.

Sal-XK
08-11-2012, 01:20 PM
I'll eventually have my entire system including the nav system replaced for something of quality.

Core XK
08-11-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm so disappointed with the sound system in mine that I haven't turned on the radio in over a year. I'd rather listen to the cb than to hear the crappy sound system.

Which system do you have?

NCCommander
08-12-2012, 05:22 PM
I like the Boston system, it sure beats the sound system in other Jeeps ive had haha. There are times where an additional sub would be nice though....

criket
08-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Which system do you have?

I don't know. It whatever came with the base model V6 laredo. I have no clue actually. My current system is windows down and arm out the window. Drowns out everything.

The_War_Wagon
08-17-2012, 05:55 AM
Are the rear door speakers subs? They sound awfully muffled in my Jeep. The front speakers are great for clarity, but I'm thinking of replacing the rear ones!

06JeepXKHEMI
08-17-2012, 06:09 AM
The rear door speakers aren't subwoofer they are called mid-ranges which are exactly what their name says, hits the mid range sounds. You may be getting a muffled sound from not having bass, treble and mid adjusted correctly, I dont have a problem with mine..

Ive also been into car audio for years, I used to have 2 JL Audio w3v2 and boston acoustic components.. I have the boston acoustics system in my XK as well and love it.. I do have plans for putting a JL sub in the back, maybe w6 if I can fit one.. If anyone plans on adding a subwoofer JL Audio is the way to go, by far the best subs out. I plan on putting one on the drivers side rear next to 3rd row seats in a custom enclosure. I want to retain to open space for sleeping for future Rausch Creek trips and bringing my pitbull around.

Matt
08-18-2012, 05:21 AM
Hahaha I went through about 4 different sets of JL subs back when I had my Explorer.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/08/Explorer85-1.jpg

06JeepXKHEMI
08-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Nice what version were you runnin w0?

Matt
08-18-2012, 08:03 AM
They were the D4's. The W0's came out about a year after I got that setup IIRC.

Core XK
08-18-2012, 03:24 PM
I don't know. It whatever came with the base model V6 laredo. I have no clue actually. My current system is windows down and arm out the window. Drowns out everything.

Yeah I agree the stock sound system in the WK/XK's is horrible; premium sound is a knight and day difference.