PDA

View Full Version : Links no worky

Matt
08-11-2012, 06:20 AM
Jon, in case you're not aware yet... links aren't working. All the sigs, threads, etc. The threads seem to be there, but for whatever reason if you click a link that was posted before the site went down, it doesn't work. I believe the URL's are the same though :confused:

07JeepXK
08-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Hmmm that's not good.

Sal-XK
08-11-2012, 07:07 AM
If we have to change every link again I'm going to scream!

Matt
08-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Ok i see the difference.... the '/' is now a '?'

Before site change:
theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php/73-Sal-XK-s-Garage

After site change:
theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php?73-Sal-XK-s-Garage

..... please tell me this can be an across the change software fix and we dont have to edit every single link we posted :(

Sal-XK
08-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Ok i see the difference.... the '/' is now a '?'

Before site change:
theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php/73-Sal-XK-s-Garage

After site change:
theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php?73-Sal-XK-s-Garage

..... please tell me this can be an across the change software fix and we dont have to edit every single link we posted :(

Oh my freaking god!!!!!!!! LMAO I hope to god that can be done with a click from the web guy. But I have a feeling were going to be doing every single link again.

Matt
08-11-2012, 10:21 AM
That's a lot of links now!

Sal-XK
08-11-2012, 10:37 AM
That's a lot of links now!

Yuup! Probably triple the links we had to do last time.

criket
08-11-2012, 12:24 PM
I have been trying to get on this forum for 2 weeks now and it kept showing a database error. I have finally been able to get on today!!!! Sounds like I'm not the only one with a problem.

Sal-XK
08-11-2012, 01:19 PM
I have been trying to get on this forum for 2 weeks now and it kept showing a database error. I have finally been able to get on today!!!! Sounds like I'm not the only one with a problem.

Nope the forum had to switch server providers and it took awhile. We posted it on TUJ's FB page.

LWM
08-11-2012, 03:16 PM
I sent an e-mail to the WebGuy about the links problem, I will let you know what he finds.

Sal-XK
08-11-2012, 03:44 PM
I sent an e-mail to the WebGuy about the links problem, I will let you know what he finds.

He shouldn't charge you for that if it was working when we moved it should be working now.

LWM
08-11-2012, 04:25 PM
He shouldn't charge you for that if it was working when we moved it should be working now.

But it isn't and all he did was copy and paste the forum basically so the problem most fall into host or domain issues.

Sal-XK
08-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Don't pay more I'd rather go threw and fix the links! Anyone else willing to help to keep cost down?

Matt
08-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Give all "active" members moderator rights for a week and we'll sweep the place!

Sal-XK
08-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Give all "active" members moderator rights for a week and we'll sweep the place!

Ya a few more people helping out will make short work of it.

pjmjr508
08-12-2012, 11:19 AM
let me know what I can do to help & will do at night after work & kids asleep.

Sal-XK
08-12-2012, 12:02 PM
The way we did it last time was everyone fixed all the links in there own posts then reported the bad links they found that weren't there's and I went and fixed them it was a PITA and were a lot bigger now so that way won't work to well plus I don't have the time it would take either. Let's just hope the web guy can get it done easily.

Matt
08-19-2012, 06:44 AM
Any update on this?

Was going to go through the first post of my garage thread to at least change those links.... figure I can change them back if/when this gets fixed.

LWM
08-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Web guy did not find a fix, I guess this falls to us to come up with a solution.

Matt
08-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Oh man, this includes every link posted anywhere on the internet:(

There's no way to have every address theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php/.... forwarded to theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php?..... when people click on it? I'm not a web guy, but I recall that kind of stuff being done on previous forums (like when seriousexplorations.com was changed to explorer4x4.com). Though i think we went through this with the last changeover, was hoping maybe you had a "new" web guy that had more info

Jon, every link in the member map is bad too :eek: lol

Sal-XK
08-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Ah man :( I guess I'll have to bust out the laptop and just start fixing stuff. Monday threw Thursday I won't have anytime to dedicate to fixing links.

Matt
08-22-2012, 05:38 AM
Jon, do you have a username and password at vbulletin.com? I was reading some troubleshooting threads there and it looks like people have similar issues as us. I'd like to post a question there but you have to be a licensed customer.

LWM
08-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Jon, do you have a username and password at vbulletin.com? I was reading some troubleshooting threads there and it looks like people have similar issues as us. I'd like to post a question there but you have to be a licensed customer.

I do, but it is one my desk at home (a thousand miles away).

Matt
08-22-2012, 09:47 AM
No prob. I say we hold off on going crazy with changing links..... I bet someone on that forum has a solution.

Sal-XK
08-22-2012, 09:54 AM
No prob. I say we hold off on going crazy with changing links..... I bet someone on that forum has a solution.

I fixed my garage and sig already but I'll stop there I guess and see what info turns up.

Matt
08-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah I fixed mine too. Easy to change back though.

Sal-XK
08-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Yeah I fixed mine too. Easy to change back though.

A bunch of my links were messed up pointing to the first post not sure if they were always like that but I had to redo them all from scratch.

Matt
08-22-2012, 10:01 AM
I had some like that too... there was another error further along in the URL that had to be fixed on some

Sal-XK
02-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Hey guys, I know this is a old thread but I'm still finding and fixing dead links from the switch. If you guys can just click links every now and then to find the ones that are still bad would be great. If you don't or can't fix the link just report the post or send me a link and let me know. Thanks!