PDA

View Full Version : Cracking vinyl on seats

lekmedm
08-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Well, leather seats aren't all they're cracked up to be! The side bolsters to the seats appear to be vinyl and my driver's seat is cracking. Has anyone used any of those vinyl repair kits where you mix your color, apply heat from an iron, and viola!? Do those things work?

06JeepXKHEMI
08-15-2012, 08:34 AM
How bad is it cracked? My drivers seat is cracked as well, I wont be getting it repaired or doing it myself anytime soon.. It does bother me but that part of the seat gets alot of wear on any car, unless done right it will happen again and again.. It may not be to expensive to get the bolster recovered, it just may not match rest of the seat which is another reason I wont be getting it, especially with the saddle brown you cant match it..

lekmedm
08-15-2012, 08:39 AM
It's not bad. I just don't want it to get worse. I'd rather fix small problems than big ones.

It's actually been cracked for a while. It wouldn't really bother me if it wasn't a perfect color match. I just don't want the whole darn thing opening up requiring the whole piece to be replaced. (I'd order a whole set of Katzkins if they weren't so expensive!)

06JeepXKHEMI
08-15-2012, 08:41 AM
If you treat it with some good conditioner it shouldnt open up.. they can cover just the bolster, i suggest doing that before repairing..