PDA

View Full Version : Driver's side window/switch

The_War_Wagon
08-17-2012, 05:57 AM
The auto-down feature works fine, but NOT the auto-up all of a sudden! Passenger side works fine both ways. Any thoughts on what might be the issue?

07JeepXK
08-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Thats an easy fix. Get inside your XK and start it up. With the door closed, press and hold down the window button until the window goes all the way down and hold it for a few seconds longer. Then do the same thing and pull up on the window button until it goes all the way up and hold it for a few seconds longer. That should fix it. My Jeep just did the same thing this week and it corrected the issue.

The_War_Wagon
08-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Thats an easy fix. Get inside your XK and start it up. With the door closed, press and hold down the window button until the window goes all the way down and hold it for a few seconds longer. Then do the same thing and pull up on the window button until it goes all the way up and hold it for a few seconds longer. That should fix it. My Jeep just did the same thing this week and it corrected the issue.

SCHWEET! Thanks for the quick response - I'll try it this morning!

T1RKaZz
08-18-2012, 10:53 PM
SCHWEET! Thanks for the quick response - I'll try it this morning!

I read some where It happens when you have a drop in voltage or disconnect the battery it just needs to be recalibrated

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

The_War_Wagon
08-20-2012, 10:09 AM
I read some where It happens when you have a drop in voltage or disconnect the battery it just needs to be recalibrated

That was probably it - works like a charm now! :cool:

Sal-XK
08-20-2012, 02:42 PM
That was probably it - works like a charm now! :cool:

The first time it happens you go WTF! Then you feel smart for awhile because you can fix it then it happens to much and you feel annoyed. :)

T1RKaZz
08-20-2012, 03:54 PM
The first time it happens you go WTF! Then you feel smart for awhile because you can fix it then it happens to much and you feel annoyed. :)

Lol!!! Exactly

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

06JeepXKHEMI
08-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Ok so how bout this.. Passenger rear window goes down by its own switch but wont go up. Using drivers controls goes up and down no problem, bad switch? Tried this trick for the hell of it but didnt work, any thoughts?

pjmjr508
08-20-2012, 05:10 PM
most likely it is a bad switch at the rear door or bad contacts

07JeepXK
08-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Bad switch on that rear door. Easy fix but they aren't exactly cheap.

NeilSmith
08-20-2012, 06:15 PM
yeah, I think the trick only works for the auto-up feature, front doors

Sal-XK
08-20-2012, 06:59 PM
most likely it is a bad switch at the rear door or bad contacts

Bad switch on that rear door. Easy fix but they aren't exactly cheap.

YuuuP!!!!!

06JeepXKHEMI
08-20-2012, 07:14 PM
I dont care enough to fix it, my switch still works so who cares, damn passengers belong on child lock anyways!

07JeepXK
08-20-2012, 07:35 PM
I dont care enough to fix it, my switch still works so who cares, damn passengers belong on child lock anyways!

Haha that's what I'm saying

The_War_Wagon
08-21-2012, 09:59 AM

With 4 kids under the age of 12, they STAY on child lock, too! :eek: